Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

16 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aye, but its not like each of those outcomes have an equal weighting.

He is massively more likely to be utter shite than mediocre. The odds on him being brilliant are even more extreme.

Your flawed premise is utter pish.

McInnes was a mediocre player and a manager.

Stevie G is a global icon, with the character and intelligence to match.

So going by your flawed premise, Souness was massively more likely to be utter shite, aye?!

:mutley:

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Step 1. Buy a cargo. 

2. Scud the lot of it in record time. 

3. Drink yourself into oblivion and convince yourself that this will all come up roses with us winning the league next season. 

Steps 4 through 9. Wake up the next morning rattling with the fear greeting into a massive pillow singing he slipped on his fucking arse. 

Only way to deal with this, fuck it. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Step 1. Buy a cargo. 

3. Drink yourself into oblivion and convince yourself that this will all come up roses with us winning the league next season. 

Steps 4 through 9. Wake up the next morning rattling with the fear greeting into a massive pillow singing he slipped on his fucking arse. 

Pretty much exactly what i am doing aswel mate.

Still don’t think gerrard as Rangers manager is a good idea just now, too big a gamble.  Would love to be wrong.  But what I am loving now is, every news story in Scotland right is about Rangers, Sky sports news headline is about Rangers.  The tarriers will win the league on Sunday against us in all likelyhood.  But that’s a back story in everything.  It was a 40 second clip in sky sports news about half an hour into its programming where as we are the top headline. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Your flawed premise is utter pish.

McInnes was a mediocre player and a manager.

Stevie G is a global icon, with the character and intelligence to match.

So going by your flawed premise, Souness was massively more likely to be utter shite, aye?!

:mutley:

Yea he was. Not really getting your point.

Can you point me to the great english managers in the last say 30 years who have had glittering careers in the English national team? McLaren, Steve Bruce.....

2 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Not happy with this at all, miles away from being someone I would have wanted in the job at this particular time. That said, wish we would hurry up and confirm something. Can't stand the thought of another 1 going tits up. 

It's over to Stevie G. The job is his if he wants it, as we have now very publicly stated. If he tells us to fuck off, this will be massive egg on face and it will again demonstrate just how incompetent this board is. If he was first choice then the deal should already have been done outwith public view.

This guy is a massive public figure and he doesn't need the circus that surrounds us.

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Step 1. Buy a cargo. 

Your just being over dramatic so that if it goes tits up you can say “told yi”

and if it goes good nobody will remember you were so against it.

19 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

i think I am one of the few people that actually like gary neville.

I've actually said to people in the past he'd potentially be a good Rangers manager and been ridiculed! Possibly deservedly so but I still feel he'll have a good career as manager. 

On a serious note this is a fucking shambles.

It could work out to be fantastic, bold, innovative appointment. But that's the fucking last thing we need.

He'll get my backing, but the Board better be confident in this working out or else they're going to have a lot of unhappy Bears.

It's annoying the bheggars and even that prick humza yousless is rhattled so it's all good so far on the mheejah front, they don't know whether it's new year or new york, me personally ain't for it but que sera sera, if it comes off its genius and if it goes tits up then it's last chance saloon for the custodians, it's their last throw of the dice looks like, a massive gamble but then what isn't nowadays, as I say the reactions to it are entertaining, hopefully they don't make a cunt of it again !

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Still don’t think gerrard as Rangers manager is a good idea just now, too big a gamble.  Would love to be wrong.  But what I am loving now is, every news story in Scotland right is about Rangers, Sky sports news headline is about Rangers.  The tarriers will win the league on Sunday against us in all likelyhood.  But that’s a back story in everything.  It was a 40 second clip in sky sports news about half an hour into its programming where as we are the top headline. :lol: 

Too big a gamble for what? 

The other wimpish mediocrity mentioned will win fuck all, as they will be treated as mediocrity by this board. Stevie G on the other hand will not stand on ceremony if he gets fucked about. He doesn't need the money, far less the grief. 

As for the players, they would need to step up big style, because it's a world footballing icon they need to impress, not a fucking old fuddy duddy from yester year like Clarke ffs. Stevie G's presence alone should give you a yard and if you are spneless cunt it's cheerio. Exactly what we need.

We are headline because it's Stevie G, nothing else.

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

On a serious note this is a fucking shambles.

It could work out to be fantastic, bold, innovative appointment. But that's the fucking last thing we need.

He'll get my backing, but the Board better be confident in this working out or else they're going to have a lot of unhappy Bears.

if it fails their position is completely untenable. I think they have gone all in, baw deep, no prisoners, with this appointment. I dont think its the right move for us at this time at all, and if its great then fantastic, but its certainly a big risk.

Archived