Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Too big a gamble for what? 

The other wimpish mediocrity mentioned will win fuck all, as they will be treated as mediocrity by this board. Stevie G on the other hand will not stand on ceremony if he gets fucked about. He doesn't need the money, far less the grief. 

As for the players, they would need to step up big style, because it's a world footballing icon they need to impress, not a fucking old fuddy duddy from yester year like Clarke ffs. Stevie G's presence alone should give you a yard and if you are spneless cunt it's cheerio. Exactly what we need.

We are headline because it's Stevie G, nothing else.

You just love anyone with a surname starting with G.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, RWB72 said:

This IS the man for the job the mentality is exactly what is expected at Rangers

Watched that earlier, Been watching some videos of SG talking, I always thought of him as shy introverted and not esp bright but have been pleasantly surprised, the guys clearly serious and focused and was a consummate pro as a player, was listening to him talk about the values he's trying to instill in the youngsters at LFC was impressed, this guys no clown.

46 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Our pre seasons are actually more exciting that our real seasons these days!

Can I just ask that the board find an incredibly experienced and good football manager to take over our under 20's?

Liverpool away in pre season and I'll be happy :lol: 

There is a lot of media talk about Gerrard, which is most likely based upon nothing but generating headlines.

Whether or not he is the right man for the job, nobody knows.

But, I just don’t see it happening.

25 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Your just being over dramatic so that if it goes tits up you can say “told yi”

and if it goes good nobody will remember you were so against it.

McCall

Warburton 

Murty

Caixinha 

Murty

The odds of this board getting a managerial appointment spot on is slim to none. 

If King wasn't a Liverpool fan would this nonsense even be happening? 

I’m gonny sink into a deep depression when he gets announced. Genuinely think the tarriers will go well beyond 10 at this rate. Cannot  believe some of the mental gymnastics from people spouting out shit like “he has a big profile” and “he’s a big name” as if it has anything to do with coaching ability. Fucking sickening. 

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

I’m gonny sink into a deep depression when he gets announced. Genuinely think the tarriers will go well beyond 10 at this rate. Cannot  believe some of the mental gymnastics from people spouting out shit like “he has a big profile” and “he’s a big name” as if it has anything to do with coaching ability. Fucking sickening. 

22 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

One thing he will get is massive respect from the players. 

Our last 3 managers have been nobodies and didn't have that instant respect. 

As well as respect imagine being one of our midfielders and Steven Gerrard is telling you that your passing is good but you need to find a bit of dig or that your game is improving. You would feel immense, the big downside is the lack of experience but it is a bold move by Dave King as he will know this is his last chance imo 

Yesterday, anyone raising any possibility of Gerrard's appointment was being slaughtered for being a Tim - yet here we are 24 hours later and it transpires the job is his if he wants it! 

I can think of a few words to describe our Board but predictable ain't one of them.

Heart says it might be worth the gamble as we can't get any lower after the SCSF capitulation - head says sacked by Christmas..

19 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

There is a lot of media talk about Gerrard, which is most likely based upon nothing but generating headlines.

Whether or not he is the right man for the job, nobody knows.

But, I just don’t see it happening.

Serious enough to get an interview with Klop on the matter and after what he said, I see little turning back for him, I hope!

Archived