Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

From FF:

"It’s done. There’s no doubt or panic or last minute drama.

Steven Gerrard will be Rangers manager.

Gary Mac is coming too.

Culshaw is the 3rd amigo and was in Glasgow as far back as Tuesday with his wife looking at houses.

The end."

Culshaw? Is he the ex Newcastle assistant in years gone by?

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

Daily Star headline an hour ago saying he'll reject us and stay at Liverpool. He must be getting the job.

I went on to see what the article said but got distracted by an article about tits. Got a link?

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Murty appears to still think he is in the running. Some internal conversations need to happen before Gerrard is announced. You cant have a guy who is in the role hearing that someone is replacing him from a club announcement, no matter what you think of the guy.

Absolutely. We can like or dislike the guy but he has stepped up and helped the club out of a hole twice (obviously it benefits him aswell). It's only right he should be part of a conversation and should know early what s happening.

Just now, Siwel said:

I went on to see what the article said but got distracted by an article about tits. Got a link?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/699032/Rangers-News-Steven-Gerrard-REJECT-job-Liverpool-Sky-Sports-pundit-Alan-Smith-SPL

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Murty appears to still think he is in the running. Some internal conversations need to happen before Gerrard is announced. You cant have a guy who is in the role hearing that someone is replacing him from a club announcement, no matter what you think of the guy.

I hope it is only in Murty's mind that he is still in the running Cushy. :pipe:

I should have said Monday 3pm, because you are right even our bunch would surely tell Murty a wee while before they appointed Gerrard.

7 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

Daily Star headline an hour ago saying he'll reject us and stay at Liverpool. He must be getting the job.

And the record had a headline saying Clark knocked us back as well. I don't know why some of you guys even pay attention to these rags

43 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

if it fails their position is completely untenable. I think they have gone all in, baw deep, no prisoners, with this appointment. I dont think its the right move for us at this time at all, and if its great then fantastic, but its certainly a big risk.

Racist 

1 minute ago, RWB72 said:

His agent maybe? I got told Gerrard agent based in a Glasgow but that might be nonsense.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Tom Culshaw.

Former youth player at Liverpool and a childhood friend of Gerrard’s from Huyton.

He’s an academy coach there at the moment.

Cheers bud.....I was struggling to find the link?

45 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

McCall

Warburton 

Murty

Caixinha 

Murty

The odds of this board getting a managerial appointment spot on is slim to none. 

If King wasn't a Liverpool fan would this nonsense even be happening? 

I wouldn’t have McCall in this bracket, the boy done good and it was t even his team 

8 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So Clarke’s statement proves the rebel’s headline was utter shite.....as usual.

The club need to do something about the rubbish that rag prints but I won’t hold my breath.

yep ''courageous journalism'' indeed :whistle: 

Archived