Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Wullie72 said:

Yes, obviously someone has heard something though, On that occasion it was way off admittedly. 

Player and manager odds most of the time are a pile shite tbh. I think it's more a case people have taken Gerard's recent comments, himbeo g at Ibrox for the OF game and King being down there as it must be happening. 

He may come up as assistant but I can't see it being as manager.

27 minutes ago, GT66 said:

To be fair that was more down to a wind up on twitter, not that I think the odds actually count for anything.

Still prompted cunts to put money on it which is kinda my point tbh. It was that guy Potter the other day IIRC.

13 hours ago, B1872 said:

The boy that broke the McGregor signing is hinting on FF that is either Warnock or Alex Neil with Gerrard as number 2. Or folk are just assuming that’s who he means. 

Is it better than his usual wide of the mark info, incidentally when did McGregor sign ?

13 hours ago, B1872 said:

The boy that broke the McGregor signing is hinting on FF that is either Warnock or Alex Neil with Gerrard as number 2. Or folk are just assuming that’s who he means. 

Aye the guy that started the rumour you mean. Obviously not thinking this one out considering we are skint, Warnock is tied into a long term deal and Gerrard would want a good wedge.

Too many bloggers/tweeters/general bawbags wanting to be in the know spreading pish without thinking

17 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Fuckin hell.  We go from an Under 20's manager to an Under 18 manager.  Now that's forward thinking.

Suppose since we already have the "new Gerrard" we might as well go get the old one.

Get with the programme, coops. Dave King and that useless cunt, Stewart Robertson were advised to accelerate our youth policy, so this shows they haven't quite got the hang of the concept yet.

2 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

What managerial record did Souness have?

The same as McCoist and Shearer who also failed miserably.

Why would Alex Neil a tarrier, leave a good job to come to Rangers as someone's number 2? I'd settle for Wanock and Gerrard, in fact that would be shit hot having Gerrard as a number 2 due to the players that would want to work with him and the respect he would command. Can't see him leaving Liverpool for that though. First team manager yes but not that.

If there's a promise of him getting managers job here after Warnock then fuck that too.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The same as McCoist and Shearer who also failed miserably.

Why would Alex Neil a tarrier, leave a good job to come to Rangers as someone's number 2? I'd settle for Wanock and Gerrard, in fact that would be shit hot having Gerrard as a number 2 due to the players that would want to work with him and the respect he would command. Can't see him leaving Liverpool for that though. First team manager yes but not that.

If there's a promise of him getting managers job here after Warnock then fuck that too.

The guy was saying gerrard will be number 2 under either warnock or Neil not Neil as number 2. I think he's another "itk" but actually guesses hoping to be right tbh.

6 hours ago, Arrowtown Pie said:

Can't see Steve Gerrard happy at working with Warnock, much less so as as his assistant.

Would be very happy at either of Warnock or Gerrard in charge tbh, less so if it's Alex Neil.

No truth in the rumour Paulio  de Fannio is on Kings radar also ?

Until we get these contemptible bastards that run our club

Our club will continue to be having shite like this 

I hate DM now but when something happened regards Manager .There was no fucking around .Inwards or outwards 

Place is a shambles 

I differ a bit from most of the comments I'm reading......... I would rather have Stevie G or FDB, two fantastic players and big names who would attract plenty. Of course they are a gamble but a lesser gamble than MW, Pedro and Murty.  I don't like the idea of a 70 yr old managing our club either.

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I differ a bit from most of the comments I'm reading......... I would rather have Stevie G or FDB, two fantastic players and big names who would attract plenty. Of course they are a gamble but a lesser gamble than MW, Pedro and Murty.  I don't like the idea of a 70 yr old managing our club either.

So you would rather have Gerrard than Walter? 

29 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

So you would rather have Gerrard than Walter? 

We seem awfully keen on turning the clock back with Walter and McGregor being mentioned recently I personally don’t want either back but for two different reasons.

As for Gerrard I’m really not sure what he would bring apart from his reputation as a great ex player don’t know what type of coaching ability he has as to date I’m unsure how I would feel about him being either first team coach or assistant but I would feel better about it if he was number 2 to a good manager.

Archived