Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

4 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

First thing I'd be doing is getting Walter in to tell him and McAllister to forget the Liverpool connection with Rodgers. No more pally pally bullshit. Treat him like the enemy he is.

Dont think theres any loved lost there, as for McAllister, when asked if he was joining the tranny shagger at paralice, he gave him a coaching job at Liverpool, he replied, "I wont be going to that club"

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steven Gerrard has criticised Brendan Rodgers’ “overconfident” approach to Liverpool’s fateful game against Chelsea that derailed the Merseyside club’s 2013-14 Premier League title bid.

Rodgers has had to deal with uncomfortable headlines linking the former Borussia Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp with his job, with scrutiny building after Liverpool needed penalties to scrape past Carlisle in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday. And quotes from Gerrard’s new autobiography published in the Independent will do little to improve matters.

Liverpool led the table by five points with three games to go until they were beaten 2-0 by José Mourinho’s side in April 2014. Manchester City proceeded to win a game in hand and ultimately won the title by two points.

The match against Chelsea swung on Gerrard’s slip, which presented the ball to Demba Ba for a breakaway goal in first-half injury time. But in Steven Gerrard: My Story, the influential midfielder – now with LA Galaxy – points the finger at Rodgers as well.

Gerrard said: “I’ve never been able to say this in public before but I was seriously concerned that we thought we could blow Chelsea away. I sensed an over-confidence in Brendan’s team talks. We played into Chelsea’s hands. I feared it then and I know it now.”

Gerrard also recalls the moment he was told he would not be in the starting lineup against Manchester United last season. Gerrard was used as a half-time substitute in the game but was sent off just 38 seconds after his introduction for stamping on the United midfielder Ander Herrera – and he reveals in the book that he came close to venting his displeasure at Rodgers himself.

“A sudden lump formed in my throat,” he said of the conversation in the manager’s office earlier in the week. “I had a split-second decision to make. Do I have a go at him?”

4 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

First thing I'd be doing is getting Walter in to tell him and McAllister to forget the Liverpool connection with Rodgers. No more pally pally bullshit. Treat him like the enemy he is.

Always been chat they don't like each other.

Scousers don't shy away from confrontation so hopefully he'll let it be known.

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Would fit in with what Charlie Adam said about his fitness guy getting the team in shape.

Has this has been in pipeline for ages?

Was thinking that looking at the picture of them in the directors box

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

6-1 v Motherwell = done good. 

Jesus wept. 

The scheduling fucked us over, we looked absolutely shagged out in the second leg against hivs but I doubt we were going to win that anyway, team of fucking shitebags and wasters.

Gerrard might be looking at the promises dodgy Dave will have made him regarding financial backing, and then reading today's news about King yet again failing to comply with a court order on financial matters, and wondering how much the promises are worth ...

13 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

There was s lot of bad feeling between Gerrard and Rodgers. IF he is apponted SG will be gunning for Brenda.

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

Still wouldn't be my choice but definitely coming round to the idea a bit more.

Think there's more chance of it going wrong but think there's a chance it could go better than any of us could imagine. Haven't had that feeling for a while.

He will be a magnet for players who would not have given us a 2nd glance without his presence, the more good players around the place will make it harder for it to go wrong imo.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

When you step back and think about this, its absolute madness. Liverpools U18 coaching team are coming in to manage Glasgow Rangers. Its madness.

Madness i say!

Be honest tho you can't say no to it

Just now, pcbear said:

He will be a magnet for players who would not have given us a 2nd glance without his presence, the more good players around the place will make it harder for it to go wrong imo.

In the article I posted earlier it went further to say that he helped persuade suarez to stay another year and was asked to attempt to bring in Sanchez and Kroos

I like the idea of this appointment and hope it works, football has moved on and managers are now getting younger those at the the top had to start somewhere. Imagine Mourinho got the job before he was famous place would be going mental,  gaurdiola was a youth coach before barca job the rest is history

4 minutes ago, kenny6131 said:

I like the idea of this appointment and hope it works, football has moved on and managers are now getting younger those at the the top had to start somewhere. Imagine Mourinho got the job before he was famous place would be going mental,  gaurdiola was a youth coach before barca job the rest is history

Zidane as well. They do have to start somewhere I guess. I think if we hadn't had the Warburton and Pedro experiments then people may be more open to it. The guy is taking on some task and good on him if he does

21 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Fuck's it got to do with Smith?!

You think Stevie G is a fucking five year old?

Stevie G hates the cunt's guts, but that matters not. It's simply, he/they are the competition and he will treat him/they whatever way he fucking likes to get the edge over him. It's about being smart and being professional about it. If he happens to knuckle Brenda, then I would make an exception

13 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

When you step back and think about this, its absolute madness. Liverpools U18 coaching team are coming in to manage Glasgow Rangers. Its madness.

Madness i say!

And a madness we are all going to have to get behind, if it happens. :panic:

Archived