KingKirk

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool)

Gaffer wants him on loan according to the sun.:tu:

It’s from Andy Devlin too so there must be some truth in it. I’d be quite happy to get him in.

• Like 2

Really don’t like loans. Seems like we’re gonna have about 7 next year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

Anything that ups the current levels will do me for now tbh. I wouldn't keep any that are currently on loan

• Like 1

Is he not a bit over rated? His goal ratio for Liverpool is pish 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He usually comes on in the last few minutes in games for Liverpool whenever I've seen him

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

He usually comes on in the last few minutes in games for Liverpool whenever I've seen him

Does Wiki stats not only count starts as appearances though?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Does Wiki stats not only count starts as appearances though?

Nah they count sub appearances as well

He's one of the most promising young strikers down there.  Maybe not good enough to break through in to Liverpool's first-team just yet but he's only 20.  I would fully expect him to rip defences to shreds in our league.

• Like 3

We are going to be linked with half their youth team and probably all of their fringe players in the coming weeks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

He’s not scored granted, but any time I’ve seen him I’ve been really really impressed. His movement off the ball is fantastic, his anticipation to be in the right place at the right time equally good, good first touch and strong/pacey. 

As a loan signing along with two other permenant forward players and Morelos, I’d take him 

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

He’s not scored granted, but any time I’ve seen him I’ve been really really impressed. His movement off the ball is fantastic, his anticipation to be in the right place at the right time equally good, good first touch and strong/pacey. 

As a loan signing along with two other permenant forward players and Morelos, I’d take him 

I’d like to think the Daniel Cousin effect - don’t think he had a great goal scoring record coming to us but on his day a big hardy striker that was unplayable and run defences ragged 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’d like to think the Daniel Cousin effect - don’t think he had a great goal scoring record coming to us but on his day a big hardy striker that was unplayable and run defences ragged 

Similar, probably not quite as strong but a little quicker. Honestly? Think about the Dembele effect, he looks world class in this league, Solanke wouldn’t be far behind in my eyes.

I wouldn’t pin our hopes on him but part of a rotating strike force for when we perhaps need two up top to stretch defences more then he’d work very well in my eyes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Similar, probably not quite as strong but a little quicker. Honestly? Think about the Dembele effect, he looks world class in this league, Solanke wouldn’t be far behind in my eyes.

I wouldn’t pin our hopes on him but part of a rotating strike force for when we perhaps need two up top to stretch defences more then he’d work very well in my eyes. 

That’s something I’ve been crying out for for years 2 upfront but the right balance - I mean the last time we were successful under Smith we had combos that could play any from 2 in Boyd, Miller, Novo, Naismith with Jelavic and Cousin having a season odd too - seems we always hell bent on playing 1 striker and especially recently 1 striker with what seems like 4 wingers when you include the way our full backs play - such a stupid way to play and wonder how we can’t compete against an organised side 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RDFM said:

Yeah we’ve had a lot of links, but it’s just lazy journalism doubt there’s much truth in most.

I reckon we will have two first team loan players from Liverpool. 

One will be Solanke and I reckon the other will be Curtis Jones who Gerrard is credited with progressing to Liverpool first team. 

My punt anyway!

Just now, K.A.I said:

That’s something I’ve been crying out for for years 2 upfront but the right balance - I mean the last time we were successful under Smith we had combos that could play any from 2 in Boyd, Miller, Novo, Naismith with Jelavic and Cousin having a season odd too - seems we always hell bent on playing 1 striker and especially recently 1 striker with what seems like 4 wingers when you include the way our full backs play - such a stupid way to play and wonder how we can’t compete against an organised side 

It’s been our biggest weakness hasn’t it? Teams know just to pack two banks of four tightly because we always take the ball wide, so bloody lazy. 

Like you say, Walter knew which players to play against which teams (as does Rogers, Rogic being an example).

Recent times has seen our managers just keep flooding the wide players which relies on the consistency of wingers, which is rarely consistent at all. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

It’s been our biggest weakness hasn’t it? Teams know just to pack two banks of four tightly because we always take the ball wide, so bloody lazy. 

Like you say, Walter knew which players to play against which teams (as does Rogers, Rogic being an example).

Recent times has seen our managers just keep flooding the wide players which relies on the consistency of wingers, which is rarely consistent at all. 

Yeah all the wide players playing the way we do is a complete luxury and we lose key battles other areas of the pitch this really has to change 

I know we don’t have this caliber of player but a right or left midfielder doesn’t have to be a winger - Albertz, Reyna, Gio could play right or left mid and they weren’t wingers 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah all the wide players playing the way we do is a complete luxury and we lose key battles other areas of the pitch this really has to change 

I know we don’t have this caliber of player but a right or left midfielder doesn’t have to be a winger - Albertz, Reyna, Gio could play right or left mid and they weren’t wingers 

Yep! Again we used to get so frustrated with Davis playing on the right but Walter knew that nullified their left and allowed us to focus our game plan elsewhere. 

If we got him on loan I’d probably wet myself 

• Like 1

Of his 19 league appearances, only 4 have been starts. 

His total minutes on the park amount to around 5 games (with half an hour change) so outside of his starts he’s only been getting drips and drabs.

Not normally in favour of loans from big teams down south but would take him.

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

We are going to be linked with half their youth team and probably all of their fringe players in the coming weeks.

We'll also be linked to anyone who's played for Liverpool in the last couple of years. No matter how far fetched it may be. 

• Like 1

Big, strong, fast and skilful. Hopefully true.