KingKirk

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool)

Back to Solanke, played second half for Liverpool against Bury. Finished 0-0. 

I don't think he is the answer for us at all.

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Poor performance from all accounts.

We need to be looking for someone with all around attributes IMO. Said last week that I thought a Jelavic type is what we are missing.

41 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

Poor performance from all accounts.

Saving himself and trying to avoid injury for the biggest move of his career? 🙂

42 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

He got 45 minutes again today, he wasn't great again, although to be fair to him apart from 2 or 3 players out of the 22 that played nobody really was, this happens every year in early pre-season with Liverpool the players are run into the ground during pre-season and they don't have the legs for playing games, Klopp has admitted this himself. One of the most impressive players on the pitch was again Curtis Jones, this kid is a real talent, i would love to see him at Ibrox for the season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bears&Reds said:

He got 45 minutes again today, he wasn't great again, although to be fair to him apart from 2 or 3 players out of the 22 that played nobody really was, this happens every year in early pre-season with Liverpool the players are run into the ground during pre-season and they don't have the legs for playing games, Klopp has admitted this himself. One of the most impressive players on the pitch was again Curtis Jones, this kid is a real talent, i would love to see him at Ibrox for the season.

He doesn't seem to have developed since he moved (or for a time before then) from Chelsea. It may be down to a number of factors but I just don't think he has it in him to be the player everyone expected. He's been overtaken by a younger generation of English players.

I assume the players were saving themselves for the pre season tour? It seems to be the way with the big clubs.

Pre-season games mean nothing. You either know this, or are new to football.

Solanke would be a good addition. Not spectacular, but something different. However, as the boss says, our main issue continues to be the defence.

we should have went at the end of the season for kibari the guy at hibs  he should enough last year with them that he was worth a punt

he started well on thurs with a hat trick  he is big strong and knows where the goal is

1 hour ago, Bears&Reds said:

this happens every year in early pre-season with Liverpool the players are run into the ground during pre-season and they don't have the legs for playing games

Could be the reason (excuse) for our lacklustre second half showing on Thursday night.

37 minutes ago, Dread said:

Solanke would be a good addition. Not spectacular, but something different. However, as the boss says, our main issue continues to be the defence.

Do you honestly agree our main issue is defence? We looked to have signed some good players there we need creativity and a poacher a lot lot more than another Center back 

wouldn’t say no to a right back and punt Tav but again it’s not a priority 

35 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Do you honestly agree our main issue is defence? We looked to have signed some good players there we need creativity and a poacher a lot lot more than another Center back 

wouldn’t say no to a right back and punt Tav but again it’s not a priority 

The reason we drop points & lose cup games recently isn't a lack of goals. It's a fundamental brittleness through the heart of the team. I'd love to see creative, flowing football, but more, I want the club's hard-to-beat identity back - seeing a Rangers side with so little resilience is killing me. 

14 minutes ago, Dread said:

The reason we drop points & lose cup games recently isn't a lack of goals. It's a fundamental brittleness through the heart of the team. I'd love to see creative, flowing football, but more, I want the club's hard-to-beat identity back - seeing a Rangers side with so little resilience is killing me. 

Also the amount of sitters we miss is criminal. For me the defence is far better but we still need a goal scorer because Morelos isn't good enough. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dread said:

Something I think is especially true for strikers, finishing seems to get a bit rusty easily if they haven’t played for a while. While I haven’t seen enough of Solanke to comment if he’s right for us, I certainly wouldn’t judge him on 45 mins early in pre season.