KingKirk

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool)

1 hour ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Klopp rated Moreno over Robertson, being a football manager doesn't mean you know any better 100% of the time, from Mourinho to cunts like Warburton that's proven time and time again

Certainly hope you're correct if he were to come because he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he would be any use 

Klopp played Moreno over Robertson because Robertson wasn't doing what Klopp wanted him to do in training, its that simple, if a coach tells you he wants you to do certain things in training exercises and in the few games you do get and you don't do them, then you won't be picked. Klopp was going to sell Moreno last summer but he had an outstanding pre-season so was given the chance to see if he could keep it up, which he did until he picked up the injury which allowed Robertson into the team.

As for Solanke, i really not sure about him, he looked great in pre-season but has looked poor in the few starts he has had this season, but its hard to judge him properly as he hasn't had a run of games and the chance to find get some rhythm going and when you are used to watching Firmino, Mane & Salah upfront most look poor in comparison.

As far as loans from Liverpool are concerned it is very hard at this stage to know who will be available, the likes of Ojo, Ejaria, Wilson, Kent, Solanke, Ings & Origi will all get their chance in pre-season to try and impress Klopp, whomever doesn't will be available for loans, although Origi might move on permanently.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bears&Reds said:

Klopp played Moreno over Robertson because Robertson wasn't doing what Klopp wanted him to do in training, its that simple, if a coach tells you he wants you to do certain things in training exercises and in the few games you do get and you don't do them, then you won't be picked. Klopp was going to sell Moreno last summer but he had an outstanding pre-season so was given the chance to see if he could keep it up, which he did until he picked up the injury which allowed Robertson into the team.

As for Solanke, i really not sure about him, he looked great in pre-season but has looked poor in the few starts he has had this season, but its hard to judge him properly as he hasn't had a run of games and the chance to find get some rhythm going and when you are used to watching Firmino, Mane & Salah upfront most look poor in comparison.

As far as loans from Liverpool are concerned it is very hard at this stage to know who will be available, the likes of Ojo, Ejaria, Wilson, Kent, Solanke, Ings & Origi will all get their chance in pre-season to try and impress Klopp, whomever doesn't will be available for loans, although Origi might move on permanently.

If we were to get some muscle into the midfield, I would like to see Ejaria in there with them. I think he has great potential but can't see him getting serious first-team game time with Liverpool in the next season or two. I know Klopp rates him but I don't think his play style fits the way Liverpool line up just now.

Solanke has always looked to me like he needs a partner. He would probably excel in games in the SPFL where we have a lot of the ball but not sure about him in games where we would only play one up top.

More likely that we’ll get one or two of the youngsters he’s been working with and knows well. I’d be much happier with that rather than a mature fringe player who’s failed to break into the first team

11 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Klopp rated Moreno over Robertson, being a football manager doesn't mean you know any better 100% of the time, from Mourinho to cunts like Warburton that's proven time and time again

Certainly hope you're correct if he were to come because he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he would be any use 

Nope

50 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

More likely that we’ll get one or two of the youngsters he’s been working with and knows well. I’d be much happier with that rather than a mature fringe player who’s failed to break into the first team

Much rather have solanke to be honest to some youth team players. The ones we've had on loan from the likes of arsenal and Tottenham have been rotten 

13 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Much rather have solanke to be honest to some youth team players. The ones we've had on loan from the likes of arsenal and Tottenham have been rotten 

Get your point but the guy picking them before (Warburton, Caixinha or Murty) hadn’t been coaching them on a daily basis beforehand. I’d be a lot more confident if Gerrard picked a young player he knew really well.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2018 at 02:54, Leeds_Bear said:

He’s not scored granted, but any time I’ve seen him I’ve been really really impressed. His movement off the ball is fantastic, his anticipation to be in the right place at the right time equally good, good first touch and strong/pacey. 

As a loan signing along with two other permenant forward players and Morelos, I’d take him 

I get your point but do we really want two strikers that don't score?

I get he’s young playing in the Prem, but he really doesn’t look good at all. 

Looks like a love child of Diego Costa 

1 hour ago, BertContraband said:

He seems to ruin every attack he's involved in 

Would do well replacing Kenny Miller then.

• Like 4

I'd take him on loan.

Would score a fair amount on form, young & plenty of potential. Far better than what we have too

The guys honking in the EPL but never know he could be a success up here. 

21 hours ago, writingranger said:

I get your point but do we really want two strikers that don't score?

Well that's what we have now

48 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

The guys honking in the EPL but never know he could be a success up here. 

A type of thinking that has famously worked wonders for us. 

On May 6, 2018 at 12:50, Siwel said:

Nope

He did, it's been well documented and cost him a TOTY place to some

On 06/05/2018 at 13:22, Colin Traive said:

Get your point but the guy picking them before (Warburton, Caixinha or Murty) hadn’t been coaching them on a daily basis beforehand. I’d be a lot more confident if Gerrard picked a young player he knew really well.

They’ve not exactly went on to have glittering careers though so they were basically pish after all 

Just scored decent finish 

Just scored so he’s probaby worth about 40 million now 

• Like 2

Absolutely no fucking chance we'd get him.