KingKirk

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool)

If he's available it's a no brainer for me.

I think we stand a good chance as Liverpool will want to help Stevie g anyway they can. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I personally think it's pretty sad the way people interact with each other on here sometimes. Each to their own I suppose.

My take on it is, if I'd not speak to them like that in person I'd not do it online either.

Nail on the heid lad 👍🏻

11 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I personally think it's pretty sad the way people interact with each other on here sometimes. Each to their own I suppose.

My take on it is, if I'd not speak to them like that in person I'd not do it online either.

:tu:

1 hour ago, Hutton2008 said:

Money.

Level - he’s played quite frequently for an EPL top 4 side this season including CL. 

Klopp really rates him and he’s likely to get more game time this season.

There will be no shortage of EPL suitors.

Are those enough reasons ya midden?

:lol:

Harsh. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Fuck you mother fucker, give me your keyboard warrior badge and super secret ring back!

• Like 1

No brainer.

• Like 1

Genuine question but when have those saying no brainer actually seen him play? I’ve seen him a handful of times for Liverpool and he’s done absolutely zero. Not trolling, genuinely wondering when/what they’ve seen?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bluenose-11 said:

Genuine question but when have those saying no brainer actually seen him play? I’ve seen him a handful of times for Liverpool and he’s done absolutely zero. Not trolling, genuinely wondering when/what they’ve seen?

I've not seen much of him, but I've heard his hold up play is good. Good at wearing teams down in a similar fashion to Morelos. However, it doesn't matter what a bunch of people on the internet think about the lad, it matters what pro coaches at Liverpool and Chelsea think of him. He's obviously got talent that they can see and Gerrard will have worked with him in the youth teams and seen what he can do. So if there is a genuine link for us and him, it could be a good thing for us. Plus, getting links with a big team like Liverpool for players is always a good thing, especially going into the future.

10 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I've not seen much of him, but I've heard his hold up play is good. Good at wearing teams down in a similar fashion to Morelos. However, it doesn't matter what a bunch of people on the internet think about the lad, it matters what pro coaches at Liverpool and Chelsea think of him. He's obviously got talent that they can see and Gerrard will have worked with him in the youth teams and seen what he can do. So if there is a genuine link for us and him, it could be a good thing for us. Plus, getting links with a big team like Liverpool for players is always a good thing, especially going into the future.

I don’t disagree that creating that link is a positive. I just wanted to confirm my suspicion nobody had actually really seen him play and were judging it as a “no brainer” based on the teams he had been it. Hopefully he does the business.

52 minutes ago, Bluenose-11 said:

It's not up for debate.

• Like 1

Klopp has been starting him in the first team.

A whole summer of mental threads like this :headwall:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

He’s gonna strengthen that area in the summer, if Fekir goes to Liverpool and they get another squad option up top Solanke will fall down the pecking order

If SG likes him and he comes up then it's a marked improvement on some of what we have middle to front. Looks a big strong guy and I would be impressed with a few tougher lads in the team alongside McCrorie. Skirtl and Bartley for me as well.

18 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

It's not up for debate.

I wasn’t looking to debate. All about opinions. I’ve seen him maybe half a dozen times and he’s been shite every single time. I’m not against being wrong and just wondered what games others had seen him in to justify him being a no brainer? But they haven’t 👍🏼

• Like 1

Need another striker in if Morelos goes

We are doomed if we rely on someone with 1 goal all season and Cummings (regardless of potential) to be in with a shout of stopping 10, fuck knows who we get in that's established and capable enough though

20 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Because Liverpool’s depth is woefully bad. He’s clealry not good enough at that level and I’d bet that even if it isn’t for us Solanke will be playing on loan next season. 

17 minutes ago, Bluenose-11 said:

I wasn’t looking to debate. All about opinions. I’ve seen him maybe half a dozen times and he’s been shite every single time. I’m not against being wrong and just wondered what games others had seen him in to justify him being a no brainer? But they haven’t 👍🏼

How do you know they haven't?

It's a no brainer so you either accept it or log out.

20 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

How do you know they haven't?

It's a no brainer so you either accept it or log out.

How is it a no brainer?

Because he plays for Liverpool and used to play for Chelsea? I don’t understand how somebody with very little first team experience can be seen as a no brainer? I’m assuming you’ve watched him play a lot to say that? 

Maybe Gerrard will come here and see fredo and think this boy has got it , all he needs is proper guidance and he won't want Solanke 

3 minutes ago, Bluenose-11 said:

How is it a no brainer?

Because he plays for Liverpool and used to play for Chelsea? I don’t understand how somebody with very little first team experience can be seen as a no brainer? I’m assuming you’ve watched him play a lot to say that? 

It is because i said it is and it's not up for debate.

100% no brainer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

It is because i said it is and it's not up for debate.

100% no brainer.

Haha ok mate.

Thankfully not all fans are clueless cunts about football and lap up any signing 😊

51 minutes ago, Bluenose-11 said:

Watched him plenty of times for Liverpool and the English Unders, not to mention to under-20s World Cup tournament which they won with Solanke collecting the Golden ball as player of the tournament. 

There is a reason he was at Chelsea and is now at Liverpool, there is a reason Klopp plays him and has him coming off the bench regularly, there’s a reason why he’s been selected for the England first team.

No brainer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Watched him plenty of times for Liverpool and the English Unders, not to mention to under-20s World Cup tournament which they won with Solanke collecting the Golden ball as player of the tournament. 

There is a reason he was at Chelsea and is now at Liverpool, there is a reason Klopp plays him and has him coming off the bench regularly, there’s a reason why he’s been selected for the England first team.

No brainer.

Thanks for the justification mate. As I said my experience had only been in premier league games and when he did get a longer run than a few minutes I’ve never been impressed. Happy to be proved wrong, just wasn’t having the usual “he would score goals for fun” without any backing up. So cheers.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluenose-11 said:

“he would score goals for fun”

Who are you quoting as saying that? I must have missed it.