KingKirk

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool)

8 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Err you know he is playing in the PL just now and some defenders are paid ridiculous amounts of money and costs fortunes as they are the best.

Up here some teams have Kevin who is a sheep farmer during the day and football superstar during the night. don't think I will judge Solanke against the best of defenders and the sheep guzzling cunts up here without seeing how he does.

Didn’t set the Dutch league on fire either. 

5 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Didn’t set the Dutch league on fire either. 

7 in 25 games for a 19 year old, not the end of the world.

11 minutes ago, Malvern said:

7 in 25 games for a 19 year old, not the end of the world.

Not the answer to our chronic finish problem either. 

10 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Not the answer to our chronic finish problem either. 

True, but then again McCoist was not prolific for the first couple of seasons either. Plus not sure if those numbers include sub appearances which would skew the figures.

End of the day he would be a loan so not wasting money on a player for a chance of a gem to help for one season at least.

1 hour ago, Malvern said:

True, but then again McCoist was not prolific for the first couple of seasons either. Plus not sure if those numbers include sub appearances which would skew the figures.

End of the day he would be a loan so not wasting money on a player for a chance of a gem to help for one season at least.

The thing Is though you know looking at Sadiq he’s a big strong runner which is fine but we need a clinical finisher/poacher ... we don’t have one and it will cost us - we’ve neglected that 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The thing Is though you know looking at Sadiq he’s a big strong runner which is fine but we need a clinical finisher/poacher ... we don’t have one and it will cost us - we’ve neglected that 

Looking at Sadiq in the video of him at Roma he looks like a very decent finisher (far more composed than Morelos anyway), scores quite a few with his head as well - He almost certainly would have buried the headed chances Morelos and Windass had imo

39 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Looking at Sadiq in the video of him at Roma he looks like a very decent finisher (far more composed than Morelos anyway), scores quite a few with his head as well - He almost certainly would have buried the headed chances Morelos and Windass had imo

You taking the fucking piss, he has one of the shortest YouTube videos about half of his chances he put straight down the middle at the keeper in his supposed highlight reel🤮

9 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

You taking the fucking piss, he has one of the shortest YouTube videos about half of his chances he put straight down the middle at the keeper in his supposed highlight reel🤮

Talking about this one spunk swallower

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Said at the game. If it's Defoe or solanke I'd much rather Defoe. We need a now fix not a prospect 

100% need a proven striker, and a creative midfielder. Need rid of some deadwood aswell ie Jack/Haliday/Hodson/ Herrera/Fabio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

100% need a proven striker, and a creative midfielder. Need rid of some deadwood aswell ie Jack/Haliday/Hodson/ Herrera/Fabio.

I’d keep Jack but the others can go. 

Jack came on last night and looked after the ball, don’t think it’s a coincidence our play improved after he came on. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Jack came on last night and looked after the ball, don’t think it’s a coincidence our play improved after he came on. 

His touch is stinking

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Jack’s pish mate, nowhere near good enough what we need and no amount of shite talk about him looking after the ball etc won’t change it.

9 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Jack’s pish mate, nowhere near good enough what we need and no amount of shite talk about him looking after the ball etc won’t change it.

:lol: just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it 'shite talk'. Facts are we were overrun in the middle until he came on, I'm not saying he's the first name on the team sheet but he's worth keeping. 

He's also not played since November last year or whatever, some ring rust is expected. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Don’t agree with the good finisher comment 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Don’t agree with the good finisher comment 

I'm talking about the goals he scored for Roma, quite a few were from tight angles that Morelos almost certainly would have ballooned over the bar

just out of interest, what has solanke done that makes many think he will be the answer to our problems up front?  all i see is yet another proven youngster who will be 21 in a few months.  usually at that age if they have not made the grade at a big club they wont.

his scoring record is horrendous although i think it has been pointed out he has came on as a sub in a few games

6 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I'm talking about the goals he scored for Roma, quite a few were from tight angles that Morelos almost certainly would have ballooned over the bar

Remember how good Morelos' you tube video was? looked like he could score from the dressing room! as it turns out he's pure shite.

Just now, Jonboy said:

Remember how good Morelos' you tube video was? looked like he could score from the dressing room! as it turns out he's pure shite.

I remember Morelos' video, and the amount of space he gets is ridiculous.

Also, he's not "pure shite", 18 goals in 43 games last season is not the record of a shite striker, whatever way you look at it.

15 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Still don’t agree he’s a good finisher and tbh Solanke might be a good all round player but after last night I’m not even sure he’s the answer either to be honest as we need a top, clinical striker 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Still don’t agree he’s a good finisher and tbh Solanke might be a good all round player but after last night I’m not even sure he’s the answer either to be honest as we need a top, clinical striker 

Even a half-decent finisher would put away the chances that Morelos and Windass are missing, it's frustrating as fuck

10 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

just out of interest, what has solanke done that makes many think he will be the answer to our problems up front?  all i see is yet another proven youngster who will be 21 in a few months.  usually at that age if they have not made the grade at a big club they wont.

his scoring record is horrendous although i think it has been pointed out he has came on as a sub in a few games

Was wondering this myself, seems like someone's thrown his name out there and everyone's jumped on the hype train. Personally I don't want another gamble on a 20ish year old lad on loan with a questionable goalscoring record. We need a reliable, experienced head to lead the line. Easier said than done though. 

If morellos could gain a little composure he'd be the poacher we need .. panics too much 

Shite is harsh as his general play is usually decent but his finishing is fkn abysmal, He did start well when he signed but the second half of the season he was terrible and he continued that trend last night.  

12 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Was still the top scorer in Scotland last year.