Staying Away Until Next Month

Does anyone believe that Gerrard will be staying away until next month? I know he has other commitments but personally I think he has a hell of a rebuilding job, and the results of the next few games are going to dramatically effect him next season.

How could he stay away and not have any influence? If I was in that position I doubt I could stay away, I'd at least have a chat with the current staff and players.

What do you think?

1 minute ago, billym27 said:

he said he was going to keep a watch over the games. i do think he'll be in an out of ibrox/auchenhowie throughout this month. he just can't take the manager job right away because of his commitments to liverpool/bt sport. 

I think he has to assess that squad as soon as possible, it's so weak in character. Worst case scenario would be that fear and bad mentality spreading to any new signings. Would be great if we could let them all go and start again.

I said the other day, minimum I would expect is him to chat to players before they leave hotel today or maybe last night, tell them he’s watching now and they have three games left to prove they should be part of his plans next season. 

1 minute ago, Gazza2258 said:

I said the other day, minimum I would expect is him to chat to players before they leave hotel today or maybe last night, tell them he’s watching now and they have three games left to prove they should be part of his plans next season. 

do you think it will make a difference to that lot?

hope it would but i have come to expect disappointment from those players.

if we win the match today it might be a big turning point in our fortunes.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Probably not mate. But i wouldn’t be able to wait till after pre season to chat to them. They were all together yesterday and he was in Glasgow, so I would of laid it on the line to them. 

The annoying thing for me is they are capable of getting 9 points this week but it’s more than likely going to be 0. If he can ‘help’ to change that, then why not. 

8 minutes ago, billym27 said:

he said he was going to keep a watch over the games. i do think he'll be in an out of ibrox/auchenhowie throughout this month. he just can't take the manager job right away because of his commitments to liverpool/bt sport. 

That's what he said mate. 

And Allen mentioned that it was asked by Gerrard that the first thing they'd do is sit down to discuss their possible signings. Suppose they could only do that after assessing what is to be replaced.

Wish we could get rid of them all and start afresh. 

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

That lot have had it as far as I’m concerned. We’ve had some shite over the last few years but the way the current squad have continually rolled over to celtic is unforgivable.

The last two games stand out - if the players had shown a bit of fight I could have probably accepted the defeats but the attitude they have shown stinks. 

If they decide to put some effort in now it’s an even bigger slap in the face to us. 

Whether there are problems in the dressing room or not these wasters still have a job to do - but yet they embarrass the club and fans time and time again. 

1 minute ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Not been mentioned recently. But im sure during the speculation it was said that Gerrard was ok with them.

Aye maybe, two mentally tough guys would do no harm to instil a bit of attitude to the team, it just went a bit quiet there and I was not sure if Arfield had already signed a pre contract.

22 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Does anyone believe that Gerrard will be staying away until next month? I know he has other commitments but personally I think he has a hell of a rebuilding job, and the results of the next few games are going to dramatically effect him next season.

How could he stay away and not have any influence? If I was in that position I doubt I could stay away, I'd at least have a chat with the current staff and players.

What do you think?

If I were Stevie G

I wouldn't want to get to close to these shower of losers

I would imagine he has all the players contracts details . And shifting through all the possibilities of getting most of them to fuck asap .

While working on bringing in our new backbone of the side for next season

History will tell you , more or less

Same thing happened way back in 1986 with the desired results

3 minutes ago, Swagger said:

That lot have had it as far as I’m concerned. We’ve had some shite over the last few years but the way the current squad have continually rolled over to celtic is unforgivable.

The last two games stand out - if the players had shown a bit of fight I could have probably accepted the defeats but the attitude they have shown stinks. 

If they decide to put some effort in now it’s an even bigger slap in the face to us. 

Whether there are problems in the dressing room or not these wasters still have a job to do - but yet they embarrass the club and fans time and time again. 

Yeah, the performances against the scum are unforgivable, cant see a way back for most of them

Just now, eejay the dj said:

If I were Stevie G

I wouldn't want to get to close to these shower of losers

I would imagine he has all the players contracts details . And shifting through all the possibilities of getting most of them to fuck asap .

While working on bringing in our new backbone of the side for next season

History will tell you , more or less

Same thing happened way back in 1986 with the desired results

I thought he stated - we have some very good footballers here? When he was talking about why he took the job.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

I thought he stated - we have some very good footballers here? When he was talking about why he took the job.

We may have in his eyes . I'm sure it would not be good to come in and slag them all off .

I'm sure he will be working privately to replace the dross

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

We may have in his eyes . I'm sure it would not be good to come in and slag them all off .

I'm sure he will be working privately to replace the dross

It would have been funny in the press conference though

"holy foochhhhhhh man, players arggg shit"

"how could ah nah improve tha boonch ah wankirs?"

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I'm a bit more inexperienced:lol: but that's what I would have said

15 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I don't know why but I read that in a more Geordie accent than Scouse!!! :lol:

42 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

The majority of the current sqaud are done. They have failed in the big games consistently and the last 2 old firm results are unforgivable.

The lack of effort and fight they showed in those games sums them up. Gerrard will have seen those performances and know the majority aren't of the standard required. 

I think Gerrard will be in and around the club for the next month and working on his summer transfer targets.