Dave King Press Conference on Monday

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

King should have said fuck all as all this does is get fans questioning about a new players budget. He’s just taken the shine of the Gerrard news.

Take your point to an extent mate but he has come out today and pretty much said this is not the transfer budget. 

Anyone concluding from that, that we have a 6 million budget are doing so through choice - Why? - only they can answer that, but King really can’t be pandering to that type of hysterical mindset. 

£6 million get you one decent player transfer fee agent fee and wages. He should get ST money on top of this. Once loan players come back the squad will be bloated. Probably need to sell quickly 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Don’t understand why Guardian is taking stick. 

This is the same board that claimed finishing 2nd/3rd would be ‘ahead of the curve’ they aren’t putting big money in to compete with the scum, not a chance. You’re deluding yourself if you think otherwise. 

The board didn't say that, AJ said that, the guy who has been tasked with finding external investment

While his comments did misread the mood and were stupid he can't exactly say we're doing fucking shite but can you invest in us please. 

27 minutes ago, AM1872 said:

yes it is that easy - I could raise £60m easy. He's trying to protect his shareholding and get the price up before raising a shed load but he's taking an almighty gamble this way. I think SG is mad

So why is he trying to dodge all those lovely shares @20p that will net him a fortune further down the line,

Just now, backup said:

So why is he trying to dodge all those lovely shares @20p that will net him a fortune further down the line,

Exectly and how is going to have a share issue before he buys all the 20p shares he is dodging? Ain't going to happen but don't let reality get in the way. If only we had journalists who could ask these questions this would be a healthier club.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

We have out of contract players going, the sackings and players on loan going back. I wonder if an agreement has been made with Liverpool for loanees and their out of contract players?

Getting desperate now.

From Ramans twitter =

King was asked why he hadn’t made offers to shareholders to buy shares - which he is legally obliged to do but failed to meet deadline - said he has asked for extension. Has to open account in UK. ‘’Proof of funds are there’’ King claims

(Has to open account in the UK ) fuck of ffs  

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

We have out of contract players going, the sackings and players on loan going back. I wonder if an agreement has been made with Liverpool for loanees and their out of contract players?

How could Liverpool make an agreement for us to get players who wouldn't be under contract to them? :lol: 

14 minutes ago, markem said:

Take your point to an extent mate but he has come out today and pretty much said this is not the transfer budget. 

Anyone concluding from that, that we have a 6 million budget are doing so through choice - Why? - only they can answer that, but King really can’t be pandering to that type of hysterical mindset. 

King should have just released a statement on the site as I didn’t see the point of a press gathering unless more info is being released later tonight.

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

Which only matters if the staff handling our negotiations are thick/naive enough to be held to ransom by chancers.

Arsenal have announced a £50m budget for Wenger’s successor.

Probably the best ‘businessmen’ in the game. 

I sense deflectors being set to maximum with stuff like this quote.

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

How could Liverpool make an agreement for us to get players who wouldn't be under contract to them? :lol: 

Modern slavery!

The spirit of Jim McLean lives on!

They could make an agreement with the players that they will employ them when their contract has finished.

All out of contract this summer

Fernando Torres
Daniel Sturridge
James Milner
Ryan Babel
Maxi Rodriguez
Yossi Benayoun
Alberto Aquilani
Javier Mascherano
Martin Škrtel
Alberto Moreno
Pepe Reina

51 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Only if we get decent return on players but I can't see many that are worth much. This Morelos pish of at least £10 million at new year was made up I reckon

I think we’ve already agreed to sell him. If we get around £6/7m for him we’ll have done well

Archived