Dave King Press Conference on Monday

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Let's say best case scenario is 10 million from season tickets, a few million from merchandise and sponsorship and this 6 million quoted and Gerrard firing everyone up.

That's not too shoddy. I refuse to believe the scum are that far ahead of us, regardless of results.

A good settled team and manager could bring us much closer next season then we build on that. These things take time whether we like it or not.

We still wake up and smile cause we are of the right persuasion.

What’s paying the bills if we spend that on the transfer budget. 

Take time?? we are 3 years into a 4 to 5 year plan. 

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not this old chestnut again. 

A player is worth what you want to pay. 

What others clubs do you see announcing there transfer budgets publically.

They don't because it makes trying to get players they want more difficult. The selling club bump up there price now knowing the funds are there to meet it. 

6 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Let's say best case scenario is 10 million from season tickets, a few million from merchandise and sponsorship and this 6 million quoted and Gerrard firing everyone up.

That's not too shoddy. I refuse to believe the scum are that far ahead of us, regardless of results.

A good settled team and manager could bring us much closer next season then we build on that. These things take time whether we like it or not.

We still wake up and smile cause we are of the right persuasion.

£17 million+ wages Ibrox and Auchenhowie running costs, or aren't we paying any or anyone ? 

7 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Regardless of whether we've got 6m or 60m to spend it's all down to how we spend it.

Look at Leicester when they won the league

You've hit the nail on the head mate. 

We need to invest wisely in the summer. 

Yeah, all income is to last the season remember ?

I can only think we are confident of selling a few players (Morelos, Windass, Fod and Tav) the proceeds of which will be made available for SG.

3 minutes ago, backup said:

£17 million+ wages Ibrox and Auchenhowie running costs, or aren't we paying any or anyone

We aren’t if you believe some of the blogs you frequently read.

3 minutes ago, backup said:

£17 million+ wages Ibrox and Auchenhowie running costs, or aren't we paying any or anyone ? 

Aye true that's why your pushing this admin pish aint it.

Pedro got backed who covered that

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I don't have a point? Didn't king say there ain't a number for Gerrards budget? 

He said no new investors and a further £6 million loan, not hard to work out.

I would call it acquiring the club via the back door.

1 minute ago, backup said:

Answer the question did or didn't he say no number will be put on the manager's budget?

I would call it trying to dilute the other parties so they cannot hit 50%. Only problem is that there are rules barring that, he cannot have a share issue whilst TOP is ongoing.

6 minutes ago, backup said:

Fair point, i forgot we siphon our water from the nearest church:lol:

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I can only think we are confident of selling a few players (Morelos, Windass, Fod and Tav) the proceeds of which will be made available for SG.

Another 10 million to the kitty from that lot too.

See it ain't all that bad!

Just now, KingKirk said:

Answer the question did or didn't he say no number will be put on the manager's budget?

It has already been answered, you seem unable to discern the validity of the answer or the figures. 

i read a quote from Mark Allen over the weekend and thought it was quite interesting:

‘Steven (Gerrard) has always been on my radar, it was a question of ‘when’? The opportunity presented itself through Liverpool and we went for it’

That suggests to me that Liverpool perhaps had a more proactive rather than a supportive role in the appointment.

Maybe Gerrard isn’t too concerned with the level of investment as he knows he has a rich seem of players he can tap into via his Liverpool and no doubt other connections.

The sale of some current players (Morelos, Foderingham, Windass etc) plus the £6m everyone is up in arms about could buy us 3 or 4 players who are a vast improvement on the 3 I’ve just mentioned. The rest of the team could be free agents and loans.

Also, Liverpool (as Chelsea have done regularly) could buy some produgious talents and farm them straight out, with us being in prime position since we have their manger-in-waiting.

Nothing about any of the above seems unrealistic does it?

Nor does it require a knight in shining armour with vast sums to invest.

2 minutes ago, BareGrills said:

I would call it trying to dilute the other parties so they cannot hit 50%. Only problem is that there are rules barring that, he cannot have a share issue whilst TOP is ongoing.

We not he, cannot have a share issue period, without a listing and a nomad.

It has already been answered, you seem unable to discern the validity of the answer or the figures. 

Again you haven't answered avoiding it no like you

When is admin 

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

i read a quote from Mark Allen over the weekend and thought it was quite interesting:

‘Steven (Gerrard) has always been on my radar, it was a question of ‘when’? The opportunity presented itself through Liverpool and we went for it’

That suggests to me that Liverpool perhaps had a more proactive rather than a supportive role in the appointment.

Maybe Gerrard isn’t too concerned with the level of investment as he knows he has a rich seem of players he can tap into via his Liverpool and no doubt other connections.

The sale of some current players (Morelos, Fordingham, Windass etc) plus the £6m everyone is up in arms about could buy us 3 or 4 players who are a vast improvement on the 3 I’ve just mentioned. The rest of the team could be free agents and loans.

Also, Liverpool (as Chelsea have done regularly) could buy some produgious talents and farm them straight out, with us being in prime position since we have the .

Good post mate:tu:

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

The sale of some current players (Morelos, Fordingham, Windass etc) plus the £6m everyone is up in arms about could buy us 3 or 4 players who are a vast improvement on the 3 I’ve just mentioned. The rest of the team could be free agents and loans.

Also, Liverpool (as Chelsea have done regularly) could buy some produgious talents and farm them straight out, with us being in prime position since we have the .

Very good point mate ?

Archived