Dave King Press Conference on Monday

9 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Honestly struggling to understand the purpose of today's press conference. Why did King think this was a good idea? 

Dunno - he’s managed to kick the arse out of Friday’s feel good factor in one fell swoop!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All a bit silly this. King always gives press briefings and interviews the few times a year he is here. He never says anything ground breaking in these statements. Nobody from the club had ever said anything about external investment being discussed. Also nobody at the club implied anything about the 6m share issue being our transfer budget. Seems like people are just picking up random rumours and running with them. 

At the same time, I agree that we realistically need a 10-20M to dramatically improve our squad but none of us know the real figures or what is going on in the background.

Just now, KingKirk said:

King said we wont put a number on the manager's budget why because "we can't"

You seem to have missed my question. What is our current trading situation? Do we run at a profit or a loss and what is the quantum?

2 minutes ago, thehost said:

You seem to have missed my question. What is our current trading situation? Do we run at a profit or a loss and what is the quantum?

Did we run at profit or loss last summer did that stop the board backing Pedro? 

53 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

They are mostly getting to the later stages of their careers and are all sitting on 10's of millions already in their accounts.

They reduce to £20-25k a week and have the privilege of representing Rangers and helping out Gerrard.

I think he could definitely convince some on that list that the Sweet guy made.

We could not afford that for all those players not that they would do that when they can make much more in America.

15 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

All a bit silly this. King always gives press briefings and interviews the few times a year he is here. He never says anything ground breaking in these statements. Nobody from the club had ever said anything about external investment being discussed. Also nobody at the club implied anything about the 6m share issue being our transfer budget. Seems like people are just picking up random rumours and running with them. 

At the same time, I agree that we realistically need a 10-20M to dramatically improve our squad but none of us know the real figures or what is going on in the background.

There was too much hype and rumour surrouding today's press conference.

Now people are freaking out. Nothing was said today that 6m was all we have for new players. 

There is need for big money to improve the playing sqaud and it needs to be invested wisely. 

I still belive Gerrard hasn't come here without guarntees he will get the funds he needs to improve the sqaud. He'll know what he is working with and it won't be announced to the press.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Did we run at profit or loss last summer did that stop the board backing Pedro? 

If we have no new revenue streams, shirts aside, and we currently run at a loss, currently have over 20m in debt then, at some point we need new revenue streams and/or substantial new backers. Our current shareholders do not have the wherewithal to invest, meaningfully, in the club.

on top of this, any cunt who listened to his bank account story and didn’t think ‘what the actual fuck’ needs to get out more often

calling a presser I expected, as a minimum, news of a substantial new partnership, what we got was not even an attempt to polish the turd.

the place is a financial basket case, today seems to do nothing other than suggest no change in the foreseeable 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How many times are people going to use ST money and retail money as part of the transfer budget, do they not fucking realise we have regular bills to pay

What an absolutely ridiculous post. Of course some of the season ticket money is going to go towards a transfer budget.

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

What an absolutely ridiculous post. Of course some of the season ticket money is going to go towards a transfer budget.

I think he means that some people just assume that ALL season ticket money is transfer budget money.

I would be raging if we announced what kind of money we had to spend. That goes whether we had King, Murray, David Holmes or fuckin uncle tom cobley at the helm. Thats revealing your hand. 

Gerrard will have, as my best guess, significantly more than Pedro got. But that should be kept indoors. 

Let the club get on with player recruitment over the summer and hopefully they tramps fuck up qualifying for the Champions League then it's game on! 

5 minutes ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

I’ve been working all day and missed all the fun 

But after a quick scan it looks like we’re still skint and all the rumours were just pish?

No, now there is a new rumour that the media were told something else that they can't divulge until 23:00 Hrs tonight. 

41 minutes ago, backup said:

We not he, cannot have a share issue period, without a listing and a nomad.

Yes correct We but what about all the shares agreed in the disapplication resolution he needs neither a nomad or listing for these, I think. I still think TOP would go back to CoS if he tried that.

53 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

What others clubs do you see announcing there transfer budgets publically.

They don't because it makes trying to get players they want more difficult. The selling club bump up there price now knowing the funds are there to meet it. 

So no club produces accounts giving other clubs an idea what they have to spend. 

If a club bumps up the price walk away there is always another player out there, do that enough times and the penny drops that we won’t be dictated to. 

This pish about hiding what we have to spend is just that pish, King just told anyone wanting to listen we have around 6mill we spent 10mill last season so a logical guess would be around 12mill to spend. 

Oh look that’s the price just went up for any player we fancy. 

Archived