Dave King Press Conference on Monday

8 minutes ago, unionunderground said:

No, now there is a new rumour that the media were told something else that they can't divulge until 23:00 Hrs tonight. 

Sounds like more pish to me

Like all the rumours surrounding today, I’ll believe it when I see it 

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I would be raging if we announced what kind of money we had to spend. That goes whether we had King, Murray, David Holmes or fuckin uncle tom cobley at the helm. Thats revealing your hand. 

Gerrard will have, as my best guess, significantly more than Pedro got. But that should be kept indoors. 

Let the club get on with player recruitment over the summer and hopefully they tramps fuck up qualifying for the Champions League then it's game on! 

Get the hell out of here with your crazy common sense . It will never catch on here mate :confused:

TBH, whilst uninspriring, he isn't telling any lies, just that he's not telling the whole truth, because he can't and not without good reason.

My sequence of events goes like...TOP offer, share issue 1, share issue 2, takeover and cheerio Dave within one year max. That way Dave maximises profit from shares as opposed to repayment of static soft loans.

In parallel, Stevie G activates his plan, with support from King and his own anonymous backers, whom I strongly suspect are an integral part of the bigger King plan. King doesn't do simple!

If there is new coming on to the board at this time, maybe they wish to remain anonymous for the time being. 

I also do not want King releasing his plans for the club in detail.

Things are defo happening, but all just cannot be revealed. I am not so uncomfortable with things compared to six months ago.

35 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I would be raging if we announced what kind of money we had to spend. That goes whether we had King, Murray, David Holmes or fuckin uncle tom cobley at the helm. Thats revealing your hand. 

Gerrard will have, as my best guess, significantly more than Pedro got. But that should be kept indoors. 

Let the club get on with player recruitment over the summer and hopefully they tramps fuck up qualifying for the Champions League then it's game on! 

You’ve just gave away the budget FFS. 

We wont get anyone in now because the price will be bumped up. :duh:

22 minutes ago, BareGrills said:

Yes correct We but what about all the shares agreed in the disapplication resolution he needs neither a nomad or listing for these, I think. I still think TOP would go back to CoS if he tried that.

A rights issue is  perfectly legal.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I have not been told fuck all neither have you if your gonna lie make it believable ffs

THERE IS NO OUTSIDE INVESTMENT AND THEY AIN'T TALKING TO ANYONE ABOUT INVESTMENT NOW EITHER. 

That isn't a lie go look at the statement. 

Now follow this logic, our last accounts showed we were spending more than we brought in. The next will be worse as it will also include Pedro's spending. 

Plus we will have to pay off some of the shite we have masquerading as players. 

Who knows how much of any other cash such as merchandise has been used to keep us going. The directors made it clear they were unwilling to put more in. 

There is also the question of the close brothers credit line. That may also need paying if we have plundered it. Likely straight out of the ST cash as that's what it was designed for. 

All in all, this share offer is likely to be the only spare cash available. Talk of any more is just wishful thinking. 

I'd love it to be otherwise but I can't see any way that can happen. 

I'm as scunnered today as ever I have been with Rangers. 

53 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Dunno - he’s managed to kick the arse out of Friday’s feel good factor in one fell swoop!

I get how you feel, but there is much more to all this than meets the eye.

The only time King gave it large was on election night!

Since then, he's been a bit of an Ashley and says fuck all.

This is a developing story in the transition and takeover of our club, of that I'm sure and being the case, King really cannot be saying too much at all. He needs to run with the status quo publicly.

In a way I'm glad he's said little in the way of change. I want action, not words. Keep our own counsel and look to be pleasently shocked during the close season in the players Stevie G will bring in and shock every other hating cunt in this league, along with what King does behind the scenes, because he is certainly up to something and it will be to our advantage.

I just hope I'm fucking right! Pretty sure I am though.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

This is a developing story in the transition and takeover of our club, of that I'm sure and being the case, King really cannot be saying too much at all. He needs to run with the status quo publicly.

In a way I'm glad he's said little in the way of change. I want action, not words. Keep our own counsel and look to be pleasently shocked during the close season in the players Stevie G will bring in and shock every other hating cunt in this league, along with what King does behind the scenes, because he is certainly up to something and it will be to our advantage.

Takeover ?????

12 minutes ago, Guardian said:

THERE IS NO OUTSIDE INVESTMENT AND THEY AIN'T TALKING TO ANYONE ABOUT INVESTMENT NOW EITHER. 

That isn't a lie go look at the statement. 

Now follow this logic, our last accounts showed we were spending more than we brought in. The next will be worse as it will also include Pedro's spending. 

Plus we will have to pay off some of the shite we have masquerading as players. 

Who knows how much of any other cash such as merchandise has been used to keep us going. The directors made it clear they were unwilling to put more in. 

There is also the question of the close brothers credit line. That may also need paying if we have plundered it. Likely straight out of the ST cash as that's what it was designed for. 

All in all, this share offer is likely to be the only spare cash available. Talk of any more is just wishful thinking. 

I'd love it to be otherwise but I can't see any way that can happen. 

I'm as scunnered today as ever I have been with Rangers. 

Shouting:lol: read the part of the statement that says no number will be put on a transfer budget for Gerrard. 

Aye its doom and gloom tho

If it is 6 million via a share issue with no external investment, if I was Gerrard I’d just walk right now and save everyone the hassle of being furious this time next year 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If it is 6 million via a share issue with no external investment, if I was Gerrard I’d just walk right now and save everyone the hassle of being furious this time next year 

He wouldn't of took it on that basis I think we all know that

Can only wait and see when gerrard starts buying players what our budget may be. If i start seeing 4/5 players arriving around the 4m mark then il be happy. These 1m here and there wont do shit. 

Though i am somewhat amazed that certain figures in the press who love putting the boot into our club any chance they get haven't said much after that meeting. 

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

They could make an agreement with the players that they will employ them when their contract has finished.

All out of contract this summer

Fernando Torres no
Daniel Sturridge no
James Milner he's on over 100 grand a week and about to play in the champions league final. 
Ryan Babel no he's shite now.
Maxi Rodriguez is he still playing.
Yossi Benayoun ditto
Alberto Aquilani hahahaha
Javier Mascherano no he is on huge wages.
Martin Škrtel contract is up next year.
Alberto Moreno hahahaha
Pepe Reina hahahaha

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

no he wont and I cant be bothered going to find the statement by King but basically it was along the winning games was the aim. With a 4 year contract clearly they are taking a long term view.

outwith them no one else spends money on transfers apart from the off 100k.

If we spend a good few million properly ( ie not pena and herrara) , get 1 or 2 quality loans in the form of roberts/edouard and sign some out of contract players we can mount a very credible challenge - that is obviously assuming that Gerrard can actually coach.

get the players fitter and motivated that we currently have

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

no he wont and I cant be bothered going to find the statement by King but basically it was along the winning games was the aim. With a 4 year contract clearly they are taking a long term view.

outwith them no one else spends money on transfers apart from the off 100k.

If we spend a good few million properly ( ie not pena and herrara) , get 1 or 2 quality loans in the form of roberts/edouard and sign some out of contract players we can mount a very credible challenge - that is obviously assuming that Gerrard can actually coach.

get the players fitter and motivated that we currently have

Are you for real? Serious question 

27 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Hope so, B A!

I suspect he’ll have to let the cat out of the bag sooner, rather than later, if things are to work out.

Archived