Dave King Press Conference on Monday

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Be absolutely delighted if it’s big news tomorrow

A chat I had at the ground yesterday has made even me quite optimistic!

Not long til we find out....

20 hours ago, donmeister1972 said:

Cant see jack going out on loan atall.he will be a starter under gerrard,shows fight,passion and commitment,was our best player before he got injured,can see him being captain under gerrard.

Thought he was pretty average and very hot headed. Best game was Aberdeen away, and still got sent off. 

On 05/05/2018 at 15:03, Thermopylae said:

Last nights clyde open line was a real treat 2 hours and only 3 tim callers and each one more shrill than the last :mutley:.. One wanted to wish his daughter Debbie Moore happy birthday (anything but talk about the football :Fod:) and another rambled on about how Gerrard will be working for the TV at the world cup all summer only to be clamped when told he signs on at the Brox on 1st June :mutley:

Haha that cunt was either pished or a retard. DEBBIE MOORE! Sounds like a right wee cum guzzler

9 hours ago, HG5 said:

A chat I had at the ground yesterday has made even me quite optimistic!

Not long til we find out....

Ya attention seeking wee cow...up there with the facebook posts "ragin....then a PM me huni xxx 

Old Dave King has certainly been kickin ass in the last couple of weeks.

Can imagine the last video conferencing board meeting with Dave in S.A.

"Right youse useless cunts, it looks like I need to come back to Glasgow to do your fucking jobs that youse have made an arse of". "Listen here and listen good" "I worked really hard and smart 40 years ago to get out of that shitehole and now I've got you inept bastards trying to drag me back into it"

"Now fuck off and do what I pay youse for, and don't forget to book my Liverpool champions league tickets"

25 minutes ago, grfc1872 said:

David Murray involved consortium including A retired businessman who sold his  ? business. 

Murray is the reason we were in the shit, why do people want him back? Fuck him.

8 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

People are just making shit up ffs 

this summer will be in overdrive for the rumour mill on and off the pitch 

It'll be fucking mental.

No matter how many times people will be told what's possible to do and what's not in regards to money coming in, they will believe what they want to believe, not the reality.

Likewise with players going in, some of the names will be ridiculous, I've read Torres quite a bit :lol:

Can't really blame them, as said, they want to believe, as Rangers is their passion.

I'll try to keep a sane head :lol:

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Murray was at Ibrox two weeks ago.

Murray and Mone ?

Eminem-eminem-227160_1024_768.jpg

In all seriousness, it will be bugger all. Assuming it will be stuff we already know knowing King!

19 hours ago, backup said:

DAVE King, the Rangers chairman and major shareholder, has insisted the Ibrox club have no need to bring in outside investment in order to fund Steven Gerrard’s summer signing spree.

Gerrard received assurances from the Glasgow outfit that he would be given the money he needed to strengthen the squad and make his side competitive again before he agreed to become their manager this week.

There has been persistent speculation the arrival of England and Liverpool great Gerrard is being bankrolled by foreign backers.

The passing of Resolution 11 at the Rangers AGM back in December has given the board the ability to issue shares without first offering them to existing shareholders.

However, South Africa-based businessman King stated yesterday that no external investment would be necessary to give the former midfielder the cash he had requested to bring in his own players in future.

“We've got to keep funding the club and continue to narrow the funding gap that we currently have between ourselves and celtic,” he said. “We've got to make sure that in order to meet the manager's ambitions we continue to invest in the club.

The source of it doesn’t matter. The rights issue is one of the things we are pursuing, but it is not critical. The funding will be made available whether it is through a rights issue or otherwise.”

Meanwhile, King has suggested Rangers have pulled off the biggest signing in Scottish football history by making Gerrard their new manager - and predicted the appointment will be noticed around the world.

“It's good for both Rangers and Scottish football,” he said. “In the flight on the way over here, I was trying to think in Rangers' recent history or even in Scotland when there has been a bigger signing than Steven Gerrard coming to Rangers and I can't think of one.

“What it will do for Rangers and derivatively for Scottish football is that there are an immense number of Steven Gerrard fans all over the world. I come across them in China, Thailand, Indonesia and they will all be keenly watching how Steven Gerrard is doing in his first managerial role. I think it's very good for the club and for the profile of Scottish football.”

King has no concerns about the lack of managerial experience that Gerrard, who has only been under-18 coach at Anfield for less than a year, has and feels the 37-year-old will bring a lot of strengths to the role.

“I certainly wouldn't say it’s a punt,” he said. “As you know we have been very thoughtful and careful while looking for a manager. It's taken us months to get to this point when we were under pressure to make an appointment. So I certainly don't see it as a punt.

“If you look at the deliberations we had around managers there are a lot of boxes that one tries to tick and no-one ticks all of the boxes.

“When Mark first said to me what about Steven Gerrard as a potential manager, my first thought was clearly that he hadn't managed before.

“But that is the only box that he didn't tick. Every other box he did tick. Competitive ability, a winner, knows what it takes to win – so he was ticking all the boxes other than experience.”

King added: “But having said that – and I mean no disrespect - if I looked at all of the other names that were being put forward over the last couple of months, they had experience, but a lot of that experience wasn't necessarily good.

“The reason they were available was because their previous clubs felt they weren't performing well, so I was very happy to get someone of Steven's ability and character and felt that outweighed the inexperience.

“In fact, in this specific instance I don't necessarily think that inexperience will work against him. I think it there are some advantages to him coming in clean and able to stamp is own managerial style on the club, so I see positives rather than negatives on that point.

“Being a Liverpool supporter I guess I feel I know him better than other players having followed his career. I think I have a better sense of the character of the man having watched him and seen his highs and lows throughout his career.

“I immediately said to Mark ‘if there is a possibility then go and pursue it’. The rest was up to Mark and Steven. They got together and got the deal done.”

“I think we're continuing the process. If I look at the non-footballing side we've certainly come a long way in the last couple of years.

“The footballing side is still behind where I hoped that we would be – but still a lot of improvements have been made despite the instability we've had with our managers over the last couple of years.

“So the fact Steven has come in, committed himself to four years has really reassured me about his commitment to the club.”

I think the chairman is wrong saying “The source of it doesn’t matter".  He has a duty to shareholders. Where king mentions China, Thailand, Indonesia My guess is the investment will be coming from Bill Ng and billionaire Peter Limm 

9 minutes ago, thehost said:

How we juxtapose him being in breach of TOP and the ramifications forthcoming against the new manager and potential new funds is somewhat of a mindfuck

Agreed but TAB might have given him a 'favourable' way out.

Archived