Dave King Press Conference on Monday

21 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I think the chairman is wrong saying “The source of it doesn’t matter".  He has a duty to shareholders. Where king mentions China, Thailand, Indonesia My guess is the investment will be coming from Bill Ng and billionaire Peter Limm 

Bill ng that was arrested a year ago and released in bail pending investigation into misuse of funds and money missing from one of his club's, aye no bother. 

At least look at the names you mention before you post ffs.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, willygers4life said:

Bill ng that was arrested a year ago and released in bail pending investigation into misuse of funds and money missing from one of his club's, aye no bother. 

At least look at the names you mention before you post ffs.

Will that matter to King? He is innocent until proven guilty. Ng is a Rangers fan who said he would help the club at a later date, when he pulled out of his 2012 bid.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/ng-lee-requested-and-facilitated-donation-not-ex-fas-president

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Will that matter to King? He is innocent until proven guilty. Ng is a Rangers fan who said he would help the club at a later date, when he pulled out of his 2012 bid.

Is he fuck a fan, if he was he would have bought in with king and t3b when they came in or offered loans when the hkb gave their ones. 

And I actually think it would matter to king as he wouldn't want to darken himself anymore than it already is. 

8 minutes ago, willygers4life said:

Is he fuck a fan, if he was he would have bought in with king and t3b when they came in or offered loans when the hkb gave their ones.

Says here that he is a fan https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/Rangers/9196215/Businessman-Bill-Ng-says-he-could-make-history-by-buying-Rangers.html 

And I actually think it would matter to king as he wouldn't want to darken himself anymore than it already is.

I don't think king cares where the money comes from after that statement.

23 minutes ago, willygers4life said:

Of course King wouldn't want to be associated with the man who runs the only professional club in Singapore that doesn't take a subsidy and runs at a healthy profit. 

You know the destination of the money you say is 'missing' is well known? The issue is the route it got there. Bill Ng has, as a successful businessman, upset a few of the rulers of Singaporean football/sport. There is a political element in his arrest, coinciding with his running for office with the Singapore FA. Its amazing how being succesful can breed such resentment. Maybe look at the way he has turned his clubs around. 

I hope you weren't insinuating he personally stole the money? That would make him no better than a convicted tax dodger. We wouldn't want Rangers associated with a convicted tax dodger would we?

As it happens I think that ship has long since sailed but it would have been nice to have a man who knows how to run a football club at a profit (along with setting up scholarship programmes for young players) involved for a change.

On 5/5/2018 at 09:17, K.A.I said:

According to the Record he will be addressing the resignations, the court ruling, the share issue and the additional investment 

According to the Record Hamburg beat Werder Bremen last weekend. Wouldn't my arse wi the rag

Personally i couldnt give a flying fuck where the money is coming from SG in no way would have taken this gig unless he was promised no guarnteed a big budget

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I think the chairman is wrong saying “The source of it doesn’t matter".  He has a duty to shareholders. Where king mentions China, Thailand, Indonesia My guess is the investment will be coming from Bill Ng and billionaire Peter Limm 

The first sentence of the article pretty well negates everything that follows. 

2 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

Of course King wouldn't want to be associated with the man who runs the only professional club in Singapore that doesn't take a subsidy and runs at a healthy profit. 

You know the destination of the money you say is 'missing' is well known? The issue is the route it got there. Bill Ng has, as a successful businessman, upset a few of the rulers of Singaporean football/sport. There is a political element in his arrest, coinciding with his running for office with the Singapore FA. Its amazing how being succesful can breed such resentment. Maybe look at the way he has turned his clubs around. 

I hope you weren't insinuating he personally stole the money? That would make him no better than a convicted tax dodger. We wouldn't want Rangers associated with a convicted tax dodger would we?

As it happens I think that ship has long since sailed but it would have been nice to have a man who knows how to run a football club at a profit (along with setting up scholarship programmes for young players) involved for a change.

Please don’t even compare running a 20 year old club in Singapore with a stadium that hold 3800 and has never finished higher than 6th, with Rangers ever again.

Forgot how crazy some folk on this forum are when it comes to boardroom stuff.

He would be thick as dug shite to use this as a platform to publicly state we've got money.

That immediately puts in a harder place to negotiate.

Hopefully it's he's resignation 

3 minutes ago, I-AM-ONE said:

He would be thick as dug shite to use this as a platform to publicly state we've got money.

That immediately puts in a harder place to negotiate.

Hopefully it's he's resignation 

How does that work, is there a discount if other clubs think we are skint, don't they just usually sell to the highest bidder.

It's this morning at some point but don't know exact time. 

Wouldn't expect anything major from it. Just a summary of where we are currently and talking about: 

• Takeover Panel
  • Hummell deal & retail
  • Forthcoming share issue
  • Plans under Gerrard 

5 minutes ago, backup said:

How does that work, is there a discount if other clubs think we are skint, don't they just usually sell to the highest bidder.

well your stating the obvious there.

But don't forget if such things were made public it also helps the players we are looking to get in and their agents push for more money.

If we go around claiming we've got x amount of millions then people will want as much of that as they can get. Whereas if we keep it closer to our chest then it helps us push for the best deals without overspending 

1 minute ago, backup said:

Almost every time Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern etc bid for a player they will be pushed for more money as the clubs know if they want the player they will pay whatever’s necessary. 

Ofc we are not on their end of the spectrum, but for instance if we bid for a Swansea centre back and they know we have a bit of money they will push us for even more than originally would, That’s how any smart business would do it.

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Almost every time Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern etc bid for a player they will be pushed for more money as the clubs know if they want the player they will pay whatever’s necessary. 

Ofc we are not on their end of the spectrum, but for instance if we bid for a Swansea centre back and they know we have a bit of money they will push us for even more than originally would, That’s how any smart business would do it.

That's what I wanted say, I tried, but you word better haha

Archived