Dave King Press Conference on Monday

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Almost every time Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern etc bid for a player they will be pushed for more money as the clubs know if they want the player they will pay whatever’s necessary. 

Ofc we are not on their end of the spectrum, but for instance if we bid for a Swansea centre back and they know we have a bit of money they will push us for even more than originally would, That’s how any smart business would do it.

That's when you need to stand firm and tell them to fuck off.

If i walk in to buy a car and the car is worth 10 grand but i have 50 grand in savings, i'm still paying 10 grand.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guardians Form Guide In The Rangers Stakes 2018

The expectation is certainly building.We have claims of guys from China, Singapore, America, Souness and the return of Minty. Maybe they have all formed a consortium with Ticketus and are going to chip in a billion to spend.

If I had to pick one to believe it would be the return of Minty. That would explain the very odd departure of Mini, and of course King would have to step aside or leave. It would also allow him to sidestep the TOP nonsense. I reckon the TOP court case was the last straw for King. The timing of the rest seemed hurried.  I may be joining up dots here to make the wrong picture, but as I see it, there has to be somebody putting up a wad of cash. That won't be any of the current incumbents (I hope, as they don't have much), so I fancy Minty is the most likely.   A real outside bet would be Ashley. That would certainly have mini fleeing out the door, but I reckon thats unlikely.

Of course some nutter from elsewhere with money to burn might take a punt but I can't see a) Why mini would voluntarily bale out of his blazer after such a fight to get it, especially if we are on the brink of something big and B) Why mini would be forced out as he is hardly a major player on the board.

Anyone putting in the kind of money we need will be buying the club, not investing which is why I reckon King is stepping down or going altogether. He is toxic to the club and can't take it any further.

I could be completely wrong but if none of the above happens, then we are goosed. The only alternative is fan money (ST's/share issues)  topped up by a couple of million from the board. That won't be enough to keep Gerrard or close the gap on the manks. Gerrard being here without a lot of cash to spend, will not be enough to fool the fans for long, probably til about 3 o clock this afternoon if King is lucky.

Who knows ? With Rangers the long suffering fans have learned to expect the unexpected, but it would be nice if the unexpected turned out to be something good twice in the space of a week. We should know a bit more in 2 1/2 hours.

I reserve the right to remove this post from the face of the planet if something else or nothing happens.

4 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Almost every time Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern etc bid for a player they will be pushed for more money as the clubs know if they want the player they will pay whatever’s necessary. 

Ofc we are not on their end of the spectrum, but for instance if we bid for a Swansea centre back and they know we have a bit of money they will push us for even more than originally would, That’s how any smart business would do it.

And if they don't get the money they think their player is worth, they will see us a charitable case worthy of discount, or knock us back ?

Need to try that when I buy a car, maybe not.

There has to BIG investment, We all know how big our club is but ffs Gerrard never came here to spend a poxy 3 or 4 mill. I can see us spending 8 to 10 million this summer or even more. 

Heard a rumour in work that Sir David Murray was investing. :duh:

3 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Guardians Form Guide In The Rangers Stakes 2018

The expectation is certainly building.We have claims of guys from China, Singapore, America, Souness and the return of Minty. Maybe they have all formed a consortium with Ticketus and are going to chip in a billion to spend.

If I had to pick one to believe it would be the return of Minty. That would explain the very odd departure of Mini, and of course King would have to step aside or leave. It would also allow him to sidestep the TOP nonsense. I reckon the TOP court case was the last straw for King. The timing of the rest seemed hurried.  I may be joining up dots here to make the wrong picture, but as I see it, there has to be somebody putting up a wad of cash. That won't be any of the current incumbents (I hope, as they don't have much), so I fancy Minty is the most likely.   A real outside bet would be Ashley. That would certainly have mini fleeing out the door, but I reckon thats unlikely.

Of course some nutter from elsewhere with money to burn might take a punt but I can't see a) Why mini would voluntarily bale out of his blazer after such a fight to get it, especially if we are on the brink of something big and B) Why mini would be forced out as he is hardly a major player on the board.

Anyone putting in the kind of money we need will be buying the club, not investing which is why I reckon King is stepping down or going altogether. He is toxic to the club and can't take it any further.

I could be completely wrong but if none of the above happens, then we are goosed. The only alternative is fan money (ST's/share issues)  topped up by a couple of million from the board. That won't be enough to keep Gerrard or close the gap on the manks. Gerrard being here without a lot of cash to spend, will not be enough to fool the fans for long, probably til about 3 o clock this afternoon if King is lucky.

Who knows ? With Rangers the long suffering fans have learned to expect the unexpected, but it would be nice if the unexpected turned out to be something good twice in the space of a week. We should know a bit more in 2 1/2 hours.

I reserve the right to remove this post from the face of the planet if something else or nothing happens.

Hasn't the departure of PM already been explained, Park snr said some very hurtful things to him at a board meeting, PM resigned on the spot also BS in sympathy, or so the story goes.

5 minutes ago, backup said:

And if they don't get the money they think their player is worth, they will see us a charitable case worthy of discount, or knock us back ?

Need to try that when I buy a car, maybe not.

You are missing the point.

If we go around telling the public we have a certain amount to spend then the quality players and their clubs Stevie is meant to attract will demand as much of it as possible.

It's us who will miss out potentially in our first pick choices as they will likely to fuck off somewhere where their agent maximises their profits.

it makes so sense in football to tell the world what money you have to spend.

10 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

In the past Rangers have NEEDED certain players, allowing us to be held to ransom. With significant funds, we can go elsewhere, so clubs risk being told to GTF if they get silly.

Of course they may try it on, they would be poor business folk if they didn't, but there is only so much they can pull.

A wee club in Scotland can try and screw a last bit out of a deal but to clubs down south and abroad it will be chickenfeed to them anyway. If a player wants away, they are taking a big risk in trying to screw us.

Whatever happens, clubs will know, or assume that Gerrard has a decent warchest anyway, so confirming it won't make much difference.

1 minute ago, Guardian said:

In the past Rangers have NEEDED certain players, allowing us to be held to ransom. With significant funds, we can go elsewhere, so clubs risk being told to GTF if they get silly.

Of course they may try it on, they would be poor business folk if they didn't, but there is only so much they can pull.

A wee club in Scotland can try and screw a last bit out of a deal but to clubs down south and abroad it will be chickenfeed to them anyway. If a player wants away, they are taking a big risk in trying to screw us.

Whatever happens, clubs will know, or assume that Gerrard has a decent warchest anyway, so confirming it won't make much difference.

Why confirm it though? What possible benefit is there from doing so? 

7 minutes ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

There has to BIG investment, We all know how big our club is but ffs Gerrard never came here to spend a poxy 3 or 4 mill. I can see us spending 8 to 10 million this summer or even more. 

Sorry but 8-10 million is poxy, no less than £30 million

2 minutes ago, Guardian said:

I would rather we didn’t make our budget known. 

If we did we’d probably be the only club in the world that lets others know our transfer kitty. 

We need every advantage going forward 

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

If i walk in to buy a car and the car is worth 10 grand but i have 50 grand in savings, i'm still paying 10 grand.

This.

If you wanted the best car money could buy and you had the cash, you’d buy it.

If you wanted to buy a car that’s better than what you’ve got you identify the options and the one which ticks most of the boxes. If a garage bumps up their prices when you start looking you’d go and buy a similar spec elsewhere.

Same with players surely.

33 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Please don’t even compare running a 20 year old club in Singapore with a stadium that hold 3800 and has never finished higher than 6th, with Rangers ever again.

Forgot how crazy some folk on this forum are when it comes to boardroom stuff.

Oh deary me. I'm not comparing the clubs just the owners. One has a conviction for tax evasion one hasn't. One has made two football clubs profitable (and made REAL investment not 'loans') the other has blundered from one mess to another and has found himself in last chance saloon by his own (and hired) hands.

Maybe look at their business records outside football as well. One turns round basket case companies another asset strips them.

I forgot how crazy some people can be when trying to assume things that never existed.

7 minutes ago, I-AM-ONE said:

You are missing the point.

If we go around telling the public we have a certain amount to spend then the quality players and their clubs Stevie is meant to attract will demand as much of it as possible.

It's us who will miss out potentially in our first pick choices as they will likely to fuck off somewhere where their agent maximises their profits.

it makes so sense in football to tell the world what money you have to spend.

No I think you are.

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

This.

If you wanted the best car money could buy and you had the cash, you’d buy it.

If you wanted to buy a car that’s better than what you’ve got you identify the options and the one which ticks most of the boxes. If a garage bumps up their prices when you start looking you’d go and buy a similar spec elsewhere.

Same with players surely.

It is to a degree I suppose.

But if we all think Stevie is meant to be able to attract big names then those big names come with cash who're, cunty agents that will squeeze every penny they can if, what we have to spend becomes public knowledge.

E.g Stevie could look at, I dunno someone like Chris Woods, but him and Burnley play hard ball because of it and both parties end their interests and then we end up with some cunt like Lee Gregory from Millwall.

Just now, ChampionsAgain said:

We spent 10 last summer.

Yup and thats what i expect Dodgy Dave to give out again, Unless Investment has been found. King belives our current squad are good enough but not playing to the full potential which is utter horseshit.

21 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Spot on.

We don’t need a particular player.

We need a particular type of player.

We need an upgrade on what we have so we don’t need to be held to ransome in that regard.

We aren’t upgrading from Ronald DeBoer. 

I doubt it would be too hard to find a player better for the same transfer we could get for say, Windass.

1 minute ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Yup and thats what i expect Dodgy Dave to give out again, Unless Investment has been found. King belives our current squad are good enough but not playing to the full potential which is utter horseshit.

I reckon we will spend close to 20m this year with morelos gone. Anything over 10m i don't think we can complain with tbh. I'd be content with 5/6 quality signings, 2 real quality loans and the 2 already agreed freebies.

36 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I agree but if we don’t publically announce it we have a better chance of getting the players we want instead of 2nd choices

2 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

I reckon we will spend close to 20m this year with morelos gone. Anything over 10m i don't think we can complain with tbh. I'd be content with 5/6 quality signings, 2 real quality loans and the 2 already agreed freebies.

Would love to see that boy Brewster from Liverpool and Danny Ings. Fingers crossed m8 

31 minutes ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Is that the rumour of SDM .n man city money (under a different company ) rumour 

19 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I would rather we didn’t make our budget known. 

If we did we’d probably be the only club in the world that lets others know our transfer kitty. 

We need every advantage going forward 

I think you’re right to the extent of not disclosing the full value of the specific transfer budget.

On the other hand, we’re making the quantum leap of directors’ loans & 2nd tier finance houses to bridge our funding gap, to being able to reassure SG that he’ll have a decent pot to spend.

It’s not unreasonable to expect some sort of confirmation as to how this is going to happen.

Archived