Reckon David Bates might be regretting his exit?

pcbear

Just now, K.A.I said:

Nupe - not one bit. We apparently offered him a pittance and he got good security and a good club in Hamburg.

Gerrard is a feel good factor just now but that’s all it is - nothing has been won or lost with him yet no ones knows how it will go.

The truth indeed 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nupe - not one bit. We apparently offered him a pittance and he got good security and a good club in Hamburg.

Gerrard is a feel good factor just now but that’s all it is - nothing has been won or lost with him yet no ones knows how it will go.

We offered a guy who has played less than 20 full games for the club a very decent percentage in his increase of wages.

He ultimately chased the money elsewhere.

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

We offered a guy who has played less than 20 full games for the club a very decent percentage in his increase of wages.

1.5k is a decent wage?

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I’ve no idea if that’s true or not but the question is do you think he regrets and imo no - the feel good factor around Gerrard would change nothing as it doesn’t mean anything as of yet 

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I have no clue the difference in the club/players value, but a blind man can see he will be a solid defender and if we have lost him over a couple of grand a week that is scandalous considering the fortunes thrown at Mexican and Portuguese wasters, 21 years of age ridiculed by the fans at the start found his feet and form then became a first pick, that makes fuck all sense to me.

He’s alright - he’s basic - he can do the basics 

I think he looks better than what he does due to the other options being so bad.

i won’t lose any sleep over him going and I didn’t lose any sleep over Wilson going - they were the best of a bad bunch but ultimately we need money spent at the back and an improvement on both 

if Hamburg stay up I’d be amazed if David Bates plays more than 50 games for them the 4 years he’s contracted 

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Compared to what he was on before and as I said not even completed 20 games for us

Was offered more than that anyway.

According to David Edgar that’s what he was offered it’s a disgrace tbh. Dunno where you’re getting the “not completed 20 games for us” he has played 17 times this season and 8 last season..

1 minute ago, unionunderground said:

Most of us on here would have walked over broken glass for the chance to go up against broonaldo and boot his balls or spit in his twisted fenian face. Let"s not make excuses for cunts with no balls. 

How’s he got no balls?

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's left to further his career. He'll improve there but he'll never be a top class defender.

Gerrard coming in and folk are bothered about David Bates ???

I have no doubt Steven Gerrard will have his own players in mind, but imo big Bates is a proper old school defender and will be a goodun, to lose that over no money at all seems daft but hey its all about opinions.