Reckon David Bates might be regretting his exit?

pcbear

Just now, pcbear said:

Obviously I am as thick as fuck, give big money to useless cunts and get rid of guys doing twice the job for a third of the money, what a great idea.

Yes you are clearly.

Its fairly obvious that before kicking a ball Alves can negotiate a better wage due to his past success, like any working man going into a job, than Bates who has played one season for Raith.

What is it you don't understand?

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

Obviously I am as thick as fuck, give big money to useless cunts and get rid of guys doing twice the job for a third of the money, what a great idea.

None of the CBs we have are good enough to be part of a title winning team.  I'm sure we'll start next season with a new and improved CB pairing that will make you forget all about David Bates.

David Bates won't and never will be part of a title winning squad. He's been the best of a bad bunch, since Wilson left, but that's it. Hopefully Gerards expectations of a CH are a little higher.

Hamburg signed him for Bundesliga 2 no chamce they were expecting to stay up.

They probably made him feel wanted, we didn't, offering him 2k a week, when Alves, and even Cardoso, are on a shit load more.

I really hope we don't do the same thing again and sign guys like Huth, even Skrtel, that have done it at one point in their lives and would demand a big wage.

We should be looking at even places like the second tier of Germany. Most cbs there are mid twenties pacey defenders that are trying to make it to a top league.

We should sign players with goals, not ones that are on their way out.

Most of this has nothing to do with op, but im wrecked, and been pissed off with only shopping British markets recently

8 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Yes you are clearly.

Its fairly obvious that before kicking a ball Alves can negotiate a better wage due to his past success, like any working man going into a job, than Bates who has played one season for Raith.

What is it you don't understand?

My eyes tell me Alves is guff and Bates is decent, what do you think? dropping your jobsworth shit for a minute?

I run a building company and hire quality staff, I would not pay an old shit bricklayer three times the going rate of a young brickie doing a better job.i assume that  you would because he used to be decent bankrupting the company swiftly.

If that is being thick then more fool you.

1 hour ago, bam74 said:

David Bates won't and never will be part of a title winning squad. He's been the best of a bad bunch, since Wilson left, but that's it. Hopefully Gerards expectations of a CH are a little higher.

Yet Marvin Andrews was, silly stuff I see repeated on here regularly.:duh:

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

My eyes tell me Alves is guff and Bates is decent, what do you think? dropping your jobsworth shit for a minute?

I run a building company and hire quality staff, I would not pay an old shit bricklayer three times the going rate of a young brickie doing a better job.i assume that  you would because he used to be decent bankrupting the company swiftly.

You both have a point but are both making different points tho 

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Exactly.So you'd offer a guy whose been at the top of his trade and performed for around 15 years the same as a guy who was an apprentice and done a decent job for 6 months ??

Of course you wouldn't!

You might offer the apprentice a decent wage rise, which we've done with Bates,  but if he's done better than you think he has then he'll fuck off elsewhere.

All I'm saying is Bates was offered a contract which was good compared to his current wages but he thinks he's better than he is and decided to make more money elsewhere 

End of the day Alves came to us from a position of strength having a reputation in the game and as such could command the 20k a week in wages because he’s done it all ... Bates is a Raith Rovers youngster who came in and had 3 or 4 decent games ... he did well but a bit of perspective is needed.

Id have kept Bates over Alves but that’s being simplistic too. 

Bates is probably getting more than he’s worth at Hamburg he’d be daft not to take it.

we move on - he’s not worth losing sleep or arguing over.

It wasn’t just the money I think Bates was aware we are targeting other first choice centre backs and his game time would be limited.

He’s a good player and certainly the perfect fit for Scottish football.

With him going, hopefully Martin, Alves and Cardoso all going as well. We are going to need at least 3 new CB’s in the summer.

He is a decent player but not a standout. Good at defending but his passing is often attrotious.

The move is a monumental fuck up by him. He has missed out on the chance to play under a footballing icon and make history at this great club.

He will have loads of time to mull over his mistake whilst sitting on the bench. He will have a fancy car though, and that's all that matters to some players. I'm sure his replacement will grab this fantastic opportunity with both hands.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He is a decent player but not a standout. Good at defending but his passing is often attrotious.

The move is a monumental fuck up by him. He has missed out on the chance to play under a footballing icon and make history at this great club.

He will have loads of time to mull over his mistake whilst sitting on the bench. He will have a fancy car though, and that's all that matters to some players. I'm sure his replacement will grab this fantastic opportunity with both hands.

He wasn't to lnow Gerrard was coming and the club treated him shoddily, end of!

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He wasn't to lnow Gerrard was coming and the club treated him shoddily, end of!

To be fair I’m pretty sure he would have knew we’d have a new manager though 

I don’t know if the club treated him badly yes if it’s true they only offered him a £250 a week rise but no if they refused to give him 7.5k a week 

something in between would have been fair imo 

6 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Exactly.So you'd offer a guy whose been at the top of his trade and performed for around 15 years the same as a guy who was an apprentice and done a decent job for 6 months ??

Of course you wouldn't!

You might offer the apprentice a decent wage rise, which we've done with Bates,  but if he's done better than you think he has then he'll fuck off elsewhere.

All I'm saying is Bates was offered a contract which was good compared to his current wages but he thinks he's better than he is and decided to make more money elsewhere 

He asked 7.5k a week, which is not a large some of money for a Rangers player, particularly when you're clearly the best of four CD's who are on much more than you. We made a cunt of it, not him and good luck to him in Germany.

11 hours ago, pcbear said:

I really think the big man has it in his locker to develop into a top class defender, I think he might have been a touch hasty with his exit.

He certainly looked like he regretted it coming off the field in tears yesterday afternoon 

He's been the best of a bad lot but not what we need next season if we're to get the title back.

I really hope he develops and has a great career but we're not losing the next Gough.

He shouldn't be regretting his move. A young lad moving from one huge club to another and with a big pay rise to boot. Good luck to him.

23 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He asked 7.5k a week, which is not a large some of money for a Rangers player, particularly when you're clearly the best of four CD's who are on much more than you. We made a cunt of it, not him and good luck to him in Germany.

Taking your standard opposition against the club I see. I doubt you know his wage demands for a fact. Regardless, we plucked him from obscurity and gave him a chance in the first team. He fucked off as soon as he could. 

He was no mainstay in the team. Only played about 20 games and that was only when Alves was injured. Totally overrated by some on here.

The lad can't pass for shit. Even he knows it. Whenever he was under any pressure on the ball yesterday he kicked the ball to fuck off the park. Is that the standard we settle for now?

He won't be missed in the summer when we sign a player of superior ability with the right attitude. 

Struggling to believe we offered him the same or less than Jimmy Bell is reportedly on but if he's looking at the other CBs in comparison and feeling under valued I can understand it.

Well done yesterday you left us on a high point, thanks for your service and good luck in Hamburg.  We move on!  

Think it just kicked in to him at full time  that this was his last game at Ibrox and fitting he got the winner that got us the win.I wish him well at Hamburg my son loves him but I just thought he was the best of a bad lot of defenders so I'm not too fussed as better is required if we're serious about being title winners again.