Cummings

graeme_4

Cummings.  

709 members have voted

1. 1. Sign him up or let him go?

• Sign (£600k or so)
    • Let him go

30 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Morelos’s attitude bar 2-3 games has been absolutely honking since winter break.

Strikers are judged on goals not bullying.

his ability to bully might be the reason he has more bookings than goals since winter break.

He's an absolute rocket at times but I just think he's too raw to be playing week in week out against packed defences.

He does put himself about and creates space for others at a bare minimum

I don't see what Cummings offers, we don't get space for him to poach which is his only asset, man mark him and he just runs into you, fails to jump, ends up on his arse trying to link up play, looks like a first year 

if Cummings wasn't Scottish and likeable I doubt anyone would be pretending he suits our system or ever will

Would put my house on him getting nowhere near the 20 goals Morelos has next season 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

He's an absolute rocket at times but I just think he's too raw to be playing week in week out against packed defences.

I don't see what Cummings offers, we don't get space for him to poach which is his only asset, man mark him and he just runs into you, fails to jump, ends up on his arse trying to link up play, looks like a first year 

if Cummings wasn't Scottish and likeable I doubt anyone would be pretending he suits our system or ever will

Would put my house on him getting nowhere near the 20 goals Morelos has next season 

I think both of them would benefit from playing in a 2. Cummings isn’t your grafter type but  is a composed finisher and Morelos is the opposite.

The two of them dont get on so doubt they’ll be the answer together going forward.

4 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Thing that we miss most is a poacher though. It's just typical that the only one not to see this is the guy picking the team. We had a golden chance to play Morelos and Cummings, but Murty shat it!

I don't know if he would get the space required to do that though, we don't create anything and he doesn't create anything for himself, you'd like a 2012 Chicarito type in there, someone who is fast, never leaves the box and can get on the end of crosses too, Cummings is a bit one dimensional and reminds me of Waghorn without the goals as of late

sometimes you need to be able to get on the end of a cross or long ball or run past people, I don't think he has that at all, man mark Morelos and he does what he did to Simunovic, man mark Cummings and 9/10 it will be a Killie/celtic performance

If we play two upfront we lose the midfield battle even worse leaving the strikers with even less service than usual 

Pretty much 50/50 a proper division on this one. All comes down to the fee for me. If our transfer budget works out at around 20mil for fees and we can get him for 600k that's like 3% of our budget plus can't imagine his wages will be super high. Think that's potentially a really good return on investment. 

Que all the roasters saying we only have a 6mil budget...

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I think both of them would benefit from playing in a 2. Cummings isn’t your grafter type but  is a composed finisher and Morelos is the opposite.

The two of them dont get on so doubt they’ll be the answer together going forward.

It's a hard one because we need a proper destroyer and a competent box to box midfielder to play with 2 IMO because we just lose the midfield even further and create even less than usual but at the same time Rangers should never be playing 1 upfront at home to diddy teams

Think we should be careful before we punt Morelos thinking we can find better for the 1m we spent originally and should have given Cummings until after the Hibs game to really prove he was worth the money, same with Murphy

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Against shite.

He obviously needs a bigger barn door to practice on.

There's plenty to talk down our top scorer about. A goal would be good! He is only talked down when I see the el donkey fan club try to rubbish the Cumdog, who as I say, his goal ratio to minutes played is night and fucking day when compared to el donkey. Then there's the little matter that the donkey wants moved on to the EPL no less, so we are obviously just a piece of shite to him. Where on the other hand we have a Rangers man who actually wants to play for us. Which is rather novel for us.

Stevie G obviously fancies the Cumdog and I aint fucking arguing with the maestro.

The donkey is toast. Watch this space.

Again, a weird post.

You taking into account Cummings time at Nottingham Forrest when comparing the two?

Morelos has only scored against shite, who has Cummings scored against?

The best team, and probably the only reason people in our support rate him, is us and we were absolute pish when we played Hibs at the time.

Morelos' lack of goals, and Cummings when hes had a chance, is mainly down to our lack of creativity, especially at Ibrox.

When we were playing in open games and creating more than one decent chance for our lone striker, Morelos was scoring.

1 hour ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

"Our system". You are making the mistake of thinking Gerrard won't be changing it, in being so used to the shite we've been watching for the last six years.

Believe there will be a revolution in how and who we play. Otherwise it's business as usual and the scum continue to scud us and no point to Stevie G.

There will be change in our style and without most of the dross we currently have to put up with.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

"Our system". You are making the mistake of thinking Gerrard won't be changing it, in being so used to the shite we've been watching for the last six years.

Believe there will be a revolution in how and who we play. Otherwise it's business as usual and the scum continue to scud us and no point to Stevie G.

There will be change in our style and without most of the dross we currently have to put up with.

I won't get my hopes up, we've heard it all before

You buy 600k players you get 600k performances, unless there's significant investment then the money will be pissed away as per usual regardless of who's in charge

I also meant more so because we play against packed defences having to break them down, whereas Cummings in a side that doesn't have that problem would be great, he just doesn't suit us I don't think which is a shame as I really like him

My biggest issue with Cummings is that he is being played as an out and out striker.  From what I have seen of him he actually is wasted in that role and has more football creativity than he is given credit for, I personally would like to see him in the #10 role as I feel he has the talent to be a decent link-up man.

1 hour ago, GT66 said:

Again, a weird post.

You taking into account Cummings time at Nottingham Forrest when comparing the two?

Morelos has only scored against shite, who has Cummings scored against?

The best team, and probably the only reason people in our support rate him, is us and we were absolute pish when we played Hibs at the time.

Morelos' lack of goals, and Cummings when hes had a chance, is mainly down to our lack of creativity, especially at Ibrox.

When we were playing in open games and creating more than one decent chance for our lone striker, Morelos was scoring.

You are over analysing and missing the point, like others going into denial.

It's simple. Stevie G decides who stays and who goes. Stevie G wants him. That' is why we are in negotiations. If he didn't fucking want him, he would be chased at the end of his loan spell ffs. Or, do you disagree with Stevie G's judgement, seeing you must know better?

Fuck all to do with how good or bad Morelos is at the end of the day. He will be gone as reported.

2 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

I won't get my hopes up, we've heard it all before

You buy 600k players you get 600k performances, unless there's significant investment then the money will be pissed away as per usual regardless of who's in charge

I also meant more so because we play against packed defences having to break them down, whereas Cummings in a side that doesn't have that problem would be great, he just doesn't suit us I don't think which is a shame as I really like him

Again, not my point. Matters not a fuck what we think. The only opinion that matters is Stevie G's. He has the final call and as I said, I aint arguing or challenging the judgement of a legend, but I do agree with him.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Do they really not get on or is this a rumour started online?

Romario and Bebeto hated each other but were pretty good when they played for Brazil.

Archived