709 members have voted

1. 1. Sign him up or let him go?

• Sign (£600k or so)
    • Let him go

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

He could definitely lead the line in a better Rangers side than this one. 

Not to mention that he’s never, never, never a #10.

I don’t think he has the strength, stature or ability to lead the line. Can’t hold a ball up to save his life. 

He’s not a ‘10’ either. Not really sure where he fits, maybe that’s part of his / our problem. 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Didn’t see the game yesterday but needs to be playing regular to judge properly. I see enough in him to take a punt even if some daggers are out for him.

Morelos has been murder since he came back from Florida and little gets said about him.

Morelos has had the hardest time of any of our players IMO. Was called ‘scum’ and a ‘cancer in the club’ in the Morelos thread. 

Not that it’s a competition, but Cummings gets much more of a free pass than he does. 

47 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

What level do you think the SPL is then?

Scottish Championship. Only time he’s looked good has been against lower level opposition. 

Been totally ineffective in the SPL, aside from a few moments here and there. 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Didn’t see the game yesterday but needs to be playing regular to judge properly. I see enough in him to take a punt even if some daggers are out for him.

Morelos has been murder since he came back from Florida and little gets said about him.

Not sure anybody seems able to bring him into the game.

Tav & Candeias would rather play their own wee games before putting another aimless ball across.

Murphy has an inability to look up.

Added to sparse game time, dorsn’t help his case.

As I said in another thread, though - would the crosses be better if we had a different front man or would the existing front men be better with different people supplying them?

I now think we need a total clean slate for next season.

Re Morelos - that early miss from 6 yards summed up the fact he’s not a natural striker.

A Boyd or McCoist would have buried that - instead, AM just seemed surpised that it hit his foot!

No way and not even he can be good coming off the bench. Can we not set our sights higher even if it’s only a loan. That guy Eduord scored 3 goals against us why can we not aim for that kind of pedigree rather than have the conversation about signing an ex Scottish championship player who failed to make the grade in the English championship. We need to stop filling the squad with “ he might come good if given the chance “ players.

He is a good finisher and 600k is not much for that. I’d agree he’s not set the heather on fire but he can’t play as a lone forward and is not a 10 so I don’t think we’ve set up to play to his strengths. We need a better squad and will need at least 2 ‘number 9s’ next season and I’m not sure we’d get better for similar money. 

Miller will go. Hardie hasn’t shown anything in brief appearances or loans to convince me. Dodoo? As I say I’m not suggesting first choice player but he’s someone who I think would react well to Gerrard. He’s a gallus player and knows what side his bread is buttered. He’ll be keen to do well. 

Sign him, no doubt about it

Get the impression from him he's trying to hard and not playing his natural game which is to get goals, he's all over the place trying to link things and work hard which is commendable but it's as if someone's said to him scoring goals isn't enough here and he's trying to do everything else to the detriment of him scoring

If SG proves to be a decent manager, knows how to set-up a team and can motivate and develop players, unlike the clowns before him, maybe other players, not just Cummings will surprise us. So I say give him a chance, hes got ability.

33 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Morelos has had the hardest time of any of our players IMO. Was called ‘scum’ and a ‘cancer in the club’ in the Morelos thread. 

Not that it’s a competition, but Cummings gets much more of a free pass than he does. 

Bollocks, Morelos has done basically fuck all since the interest from that Chinese club and fans are still saying that he is a great player and needs to be heading our attack.

Cummings came in out of the blue, scored a hat trick as Morelos continued to miss sitters and Cummings was dropped for the next game.

It’s Morelos that has by far an easy ride, there are a couple of eejits on here, yes, but people are always moaning about Cummings even when he’s played out of position, in the wrong role, or zero support up to him.

If Cummings was our player he’d get a far easier ride. It’s always the same with loan players. 

So I think you’re talking bullshit, sorry.

6 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Hard to judge him and others with the abysmal management and coaching at Rangers.

He would probably make a decent squad player and at 600K is worth a punt.

I’m fucking sick fed up with us taking a “punt” on players. 

We need to put this behind us and bring players to this club that are not a “punt” 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

I’m fucking sick fed up with us taking a “punt” on players. 

We need to put this behind us and bring players to this club that are not a “punt” 

So we can start signing players who are guaranteed to be successful? we don't have the finances or scouting system that guarantees what you're looking for.

I don't think Gerrard will want him if I'm honest. We signed him because of what he's done up here (against us as well).

Had he been given a proper run in a true front two rather than playing up top alone or in the number 10 position then it might have been a different story but as it is he's not done enough to justify it.

Gerrard won't even get to assess him in person so I think he'll be back to Forest.

21 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Bollocks, Morelos has done basically fuck all since the interest from that Chinese club and fans are still saying that he is a great player and needs to be heading our attack.

Cummings came in out of the blue, scored a hat trick as Morelos continued to miss sitters and Cummings was dropped for the next game.

It’s Morelos that has by far an easy ride, there are a couple of eejits on here, yes, but people are always moaning about Cummings even when he’s played out of position, in the wrong role, or zero support up to him.

If Cummings was our player he’d get a far easier ride. It’s always the same with loan players. 

So I think you’re talking bullshit, sorry.

Against a Championship side. We already knew he was prolific against them.

Is he good enough for the top flight? No.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Against a Championship side. We already knew he was prolific against them.

Is he good enough for the top flight? No.

I don't know if he is or not, I'll reserve judgement until I see him under Gerrard.

So far we've watched him under poor management, I'm hoping Gerrard's team will be an upgrade.

I do not agree with the tactics used with Cummings so far, so think it's very unfair to judge him, or a lot of the players under rudderless and tactically inept Murty.

31 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Sign him, no doubt about it

Get the impression from him he's trying to hard and not playing his natural game which is to get goals, he's all over the place trying to link things and work hard which is commendable but it's as if someone's said to him scoring goals isn't enough here and he's trying to do everything else to the detriment of him scoring

Miller done the same thing tbf so maybe it is someone giving instructions to play like that.

Miller was slated on here for it though.

14 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

So we can start signing players who are guaranteed to be successful? we don't have the finances or scouting system that guarantees what you're looking for.

600k could be used more wisely. Like added to our wages structure for a decent forward 

Archived