Mark Allen Master Salesman?

NeoGeo7

5aeed5c8d2c1d_AllenSale.thumb.png.815950a10eb68b8ca9ae4d2126e1624f.png

This summer is going to be massive for our club since there is as much importance of selling players (or mutually termination of contracts) as there is for the players we bring in.

The gaffer has already spoken about the qualities he is looking for....

“I have been around footballers for a long time – I’ll work out very quickly who fancies this challenge and who wants to come with me.

"And if there are people who don’t fancy it and want to be somewhere else, good luck to them.

"I want players who want to come with me on this journey, who want to take the challenge to everyone that’s in this league and are willing to give everything they’ve got. I’ll work out these people very quickly.”

When pulling together this image and going through the squad it makes you realise just how much work will need to be done in order to clear out the squad this summer to allow the manager to get in the right people. I have no idea how Allen (and agents) are going to convince teams to take on some the majority of the players.

Some might be easier to sell than others such as Morelos, Windass and Wallace and I think its something we need to look at doing as these three players could generate a fairly sizeable addition to the transfer kitty.

Other like Pena, Herrera, Alves, Halliday, Hodson, MOH, Forrester and Dodoo might be more difficult to move on especially if they are on decent money here they may just opt to run their contract down (or wait for that compensation payout from the club).

Mark Allen had better be a good salesman as well as having an eye for talent if we want to give the manager a clean slate to work with.

Clubs in English championship and league 1 will be paying wages the same as we're paying except for likes of Alves and Pena.

Dodoo, Hodson. Moh, Forrester etc shouldn't be too hard to get rid of the likes of them. 

I think this as one of the benefits of a DoF . 

SG being quite new to this doesn't need the distraction of looking for clubs to take on a fair amount of players not good enough here , or try to negotiate wages or fees for new ones . It lets him concentrate on one thing and one thing only - winning football matches .

But yeah , MA is going to earn his money if he can move on some of the dross here . 

1 hour ago, soulboy said:

Dodoo, Hodson. Moh, Forrester etc shouldn't be too hard to get rid of the likes of them. 

We tried to get rid of them last summer and loans is the best we could do.  It'll be even harder this summer given how badly they done when out on loan.  

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

We tried to get rid of them last summer and loans is the best we could do.  It'll be even harder this summer given how badly they done when out on loan.  

One less year on contracts equals less transfer fee.

Could be a reason why cardoso hasn't made bench even when we had no cover at CB and that's because someone wants to buy him and we don't want him injured.

Contract wise we have:

Miller

Alves
Wallace
Hodson
Kelly
Forrester

Dorrans
Candeias
Halliday
Jack
Foderingham
Herrera
Pena
Holt
O'Halloran
Alnwick
Cardoso
Rossiter
Dodoo

Tavernier
John
Windass
Morelos
Docherty
McCrorie

From the list above you can see the mistakes we have made in that 2020 is the year that we really needed to be this summer and the thought of holding onto MOH, Herrera, Pena, Cardoso, Dodoo, Halliday for another two seasons :megaanguish:

Out of those in 2021 apart from McCrorie and Docherty (as I'd like to see what he can do with a proper coaching team) I'd be quite happy to let them go too.

2 minutes ago, soulboy said:

One less year on contracts equals less transfer fee.

Could be a reason why cardoso hasn't made bench even when we had no cover at CB and that's because someone wants to buy him and we don't want him injured.

I think we'd struggle to give some players away tbh

The wages we are giving these players will be above the market average for someone of their ability that means they are likely to have to take a pay cut.

Mind you if we managed to get rid of Kiernan for a fee then anything is possible.

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

I don’t think he’s brought in a good player yet , every January signings been shite 

Declan John's been a good signing, particularly considering the low cost involved. Murphy's been decent although I wouldn't pay £1.8 million for him.

8 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Contradicts what both Allen and Gerrard have said.

What he says and what he thinks should be two different things if he wants to survive and I don't see Gerrard as being a pushover especially coming from Liverpool fc and being a Scouser, time will tell.

It's a lesson with Alfredo and Tav 

No extended contracts should be getting handed out when no trophies and certainly no big matches  are being won 

We better get these 2 to fuck out of our club 

Get money by all means but if these 2 are there next season .I will be gutted 

3 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

5aeed5c8d2c1d_AllenSale.thumb.png.815950a10eb68b8ca9ae4d2126e1624f.png

This summer is going to be massive for our club since there is as much importance of selling players (or mutually termination of contracts) as there is for the players we bring in.

The gaffer has already spoken about the qualities he is looking for....

When pulling together this image and going through the squad it makes you realise just how much work will need to be done in order to clear out the squad this summer to allow the manager to get in the right people. I have no idea how Allen (and agents) are going to convince teams to take on some the majority of the players.

Some might be easier to sell than others such as Morelos, Windass and Wallace and I think its something we need to look at doing as these three players could generate a fairly sizeable addition to the transfer kitty.

Other like Pena, Herrera, Alves, Halliday, Hodson, MOH, Forrester and Dodoo might be more difficult to move on especially if they are on decent money here they may just opt to run their contract down (or wait for that compensation payout from the club).

Mark Allen had better be a good salesman as well as having an eye for talent if we want to give the manager a clean slate to work with.

Wallace will go for free. The other two are fucking donkeys.