Mark Allen Master Salesman?

NeoGeo7

4 minutes ago, laudrupno1 said:

Never understood why we did that.

Warburton said it was a reward for getting the team promoted in to the top-tier.  New contracts were handed out across the board and almost all of them have been complete failures.  

A lot of them aren’t going to be easy to unload and that’s definitely going to hamper our development next season in terms of available wages. We’ll just have to be as proactive as we can and, if need be, look forward to seeing the back of them in a couple of years. 

I seem to remember Balde sticking around at celtic, taking a huge wage and rarely playing, and sadly I think we’ll be in the same situation with Pena. A lasting, costly reminder of Caixinha’s incompetence and the board’s poor judgement.

24 minutes ago, laudrupno1 said:

Never understood why we did that.

I suppose the 'magic hat' in all his wisdom thought they were good enough after the season in he championship. Big mistake that was. Like anyone was gonna come in and buy Halliday or he would turn down a contract if offered a new one at the end of his deal. Crazy shit.

45 minutes ago, rangersross said:

A lot of them aren’t going to be easy to unload and that’s definitely going to hamper our development next season in terms of available wages. We’ll just have to be as proactive as we can and, if need be, look forward to seeing the back of them in a couple of years. 

I seem to remember Balde sticking around at celtic, taking a huge wage and rarely playing, and sadly I think we’ll be in the same situation with Pena. A lasting, costly reminder of Caixinha’s incompetence and the board’s poor judgement.

I remember Strachan stating publicly that Balde could be playing in the Manchester derby but he refused to move.  He sat out the entirety of his contract and got every penny he could from them. 

For most guys it's about the money, not the football.  If you give poor quality players lucrative contracts they're likely to sit it out and cash in on them.  The chances of us moving on 10+ players this summer is slim indeed and it will hamper our progress.

2 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Contract wise we have:

Miller

Alves
Wallace
Hodson
Kelly
Forrester

Dorrans
Candeias
Halliday
Jack
Foderingham
Herrera
Pena
Holt
O'Halloran
Alnwick
Cardoso
Rossiter
Dodoo

Tavernier
John
Windass
Morelos
Docherty
McCrorie

From the list above you can see the mistakes we have made in that 2020 is the year that we really needed to be this summer and the thought of holding onto MOH, Herrera, Pena, Cardoso, Dodoo, Halliday for another two seasons :megaanguish:

Out of those in 2021 apart from McCrorie and Docherty (as I'd like to see what he can do with a proper coaching team) I'd be quite happy to let them go too.

That list is an absolute nightmare. 

1 hour ago, danger ranger said:

What he says and what he thinks should be two different things if he wants to survive and I don't see Gerrard as being a pushover especially coming from Liverpool fc and being a Scouser, time will tell.

What does being a scouser and Liverpool player have to do with anything? Surely it's about the man and his attitude to how he played and expects his team to play! I know a few scousers and they are all junkies or dealers. ( not saying they are all like that)

3 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Contract wise we have:

Miller

Alves
Wallace
Hodson
Kelly
Forrester

Dorrans
Candeias
Halliday
Jack
Foderingham
Herrera
Pena
Holt
O'Halloran
Alnwick
Cardoso
Rossiter
Dodoo

Tavernier
John
Windass
Morelos
Docherty
McCrorie

From the list above you can see the mistakes we have made in that 2020 is the year that we really needed to be this summer and the thought of holding onto MOH, Herrera, Pena, Cardoso, Dodoo, Halliday for another two seasons :megaanguish:

Out of those in 2021 apart from McCrorie and Docherty (as I'd like to see what he can do with a proper coaching team) I'd be quite happy to let them go too.

I would keep Candelias, Jack, Tav, John, Doc, McCrorie.

And out of this 6 I wouldn't greet if any of them left either

3 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Contract wise we have:

Miller

Alves
Wallace
Hodson
Kelly
Forrester

Dorrans
Candeias
Halliday
Jack
Foderingham
Herrera
Pena
Holt
O'Halloran
Alnwick
Cardoso
Rossiter
Dodoo

Tavernier
John
Windass
Morelos
Docherty
McCrorie

List to give you nightmares. MA going to have one hell of a job moving the deadwood on. 

There is some we can get money for. But guys like Pena, Dodoo, & Halliday I can only see pay offs to get rid of them.

Allen would need to be Dynamo the magician to dress up and sell any of that lot on as players. In fact some should be doing jail time for fraud.

At a stretch you keep McCrorie, Jack, John, Docherty, Murphy, Alnwick.

The rest, you'd be disappointed to find them in a lucky bag.

47 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

What does being a scouser and Liverpool player have to do with anything? Surely it's about the man and his attitude to how he played and expects his team to play! I know a few scousers and they are all junkies or dealers. ( not saying they are all like that)

Over the years Liverpool have been an achieving club and always strive to play entertaining and winning football, the fans demand it and don't like to be second best, can't see a DOF getting in the way of Gerrard who has been schooled in that environment by some of the best players and manager's, IMHO, time will tell and we need a strong manager who takes shit off of no one.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

When you see all their mugshots like this 

You just wonder .How the hell could we end up with so much utter dross of a football squad after 2/3 years 

Complete collage of some of the worst players ever to wear our famous shirts 

I tell you why mate - which you know anyway. We are Rangers FC, one of the world's top clubs and institutions, with one of the world's top fan base and we've never harmed a waen. 

Run by amateurs that need, 2,3,4 attempts to make the correct decision they should have made immediately in 2012 when we bottomed out. 

And failing them, each supposed professional board should have put a top manager in charge. 

The current board are not getting away with it, they've fucked about with ally, (Charlie fucking chaplain), warburton, caixinha and murty fucking twice. 

That is really the difference between a well oiled institution and a group of peeps that we have. 

11 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Why people are wanting to keep tav is beyond me the amount of times he ends an attack due to either an inept cross or pass is criminal. He shouldn't play another game for us.A defender that can't defend coupled with a winger that can't pass is not captain material.

So who are your two fullbacks on Tuesday and Sunday?

5 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Contract wise we have:

Miller

Alves
Wallace
Hodson
Kelly
Forrester

Dorrans
Candeias
Halliday
Jack
Foderingham
Herrera
Pena
Holt
O'Halloran
Alnwick
Cardoso
Rossiter
Dodoo

Tavernier
John
Windass
Morelos
Docherty
McCrorie

That makes grim fucking reading.

Tav, the greyhound and el donkey until 2021.

Some cunt needs shot at dawn for that.

3 hours ago, saintbob1969 said:

I don't dismiss Tav, Jack, Declan John, Murphy, McCrorie, Morelos, or Candeias but I also don't think we will have much difficulty moving people on.

Pena might need concrete slippers and dumped in the Clyde maybe.

Just push him off, he wears concrete slippers mate. 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Allen would need to be Dynamo the magician to dress up and sell any of that lot on as players. In fact some should be doing jail time for fraud.

At a stretch you keep McCrorie, Jack, John, Docherty, Murphy, Alnwick.

The rest, you'd be disappointed to find them in a lucky bag.

That's exactly the list I'd keep . You never know though what SG can bring out of some of the others much the way Souness did when he came here . 

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Why people are wanting to keep tav is beyond me the amount of times he ends an attack due to either an inept cross or pass is criminal. He shouldn't play another game for us.A defender that can't defend coupled with a winger that can't pass is not captain material.

Nailed on

Any fan that wants Tav to stay simply doesn't want us to be winners again 

He was rhancid in both OF games and was worse than shocking on Saturday 

Tav is our perineal  loser