Mark Allen Master Salesman?

NeoGeo7

12 minutes ago, gmcf said:

That's exactly the list I'd keep . You never know though what SG can bring out of some of the others much the way Souness did when he came here . 

He may well need to, otherwise we are fucking toast.

Those scummy cunts in the eastend won't exactly be in a coma waiting on us coming. Brenda will be in panic buy mode with Stevie G coming to get him.

As far as I'm concerned we have already seen all we are going to get from Windass, Morelos and Tav and we use them against the scum again, they'll be fucking splitting their sides. 

Windass and Morelos are devoid of natural talent, with the former spineless and  the latter a space cadet. Then there's Tav  who couldn't defend a raid on a sweetie shop by a primary 1 class.

We go again with the same shite as this season, it's only rinse and repeat and major disappointment. 

We're talking revolution with new blood, not the evolution of dross, otherwise we just hand the scum 10iar and King remains the serial liar he always has been. 

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Why people are wanting to keep tav is beyond me the amount of times he ends an attack due to either an inept cross or pass is criminal. He shouldn't play another game for us.A defender that can't defend coupled with a winger that can't pass is not captain material.

Just a question, take Liverpool, throughout the years of their great sides have there been atrocious players playing for them, for sure. We're not and they're not gonna have a 110%'r in every position. Wish we could tho. 

Every side there's 60%'rs and the 110%'rs like Gerrard pull them through. 

He’s not a master sales man or master anything ffs are people forgetting the shite he’s landed us with so far? He drove away McInnes and also if you listen to what Gerrard says the reasons he came here was fans, size of club, tradition etc stuff that Allen has nothing to do with 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

He’s not a master sales man or master anything ffs are people forgetting the shite he’s landed us with so far? He drove away McInnes and also if you listen to what Gerrard says the reasons he came here was fans, size of club, tradition etc stuff that Allen has nothing to do with 

Nonsense. SG coming to RFC would be based on his relationship and confidence of the people he is in personal contact with, and not the supporters. 

Glad he's not got your number. 

2 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Nonsense. SG coming to RFC would be based on his relationship and confidence of the people he is in personal contact with, and not the supporters. 

If you believe Mark Allen is the reason he came to Rangers you are soft in the head if anything King was the one he trusted with promises of investment if that’s the route you want want to go down 

Mark Allen is a nobody wake up 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

If you believe Mark Allen is the reason he came to Rangers you are soft in the head if anything King was the one he trusted with promises of investment if that’s the route you want want to go down 

Mark Allen is a nobody wake up 

OK, but he's slightly bigger than you

5 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I doubt Gerrard had a "special feeling" in his stomach at the thought of King, Robertson and Allen. If he even knew much about them before meetings etc. 

16 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Just a question, take Liverpool, throughout the years of their great sides have there been atrocious players playing for them, for sure. We're not and they're not gonna have a 110%'r in every position. Wish we could tho. 

Every side there's 60%'rs and the 110%'rs like Gerrard pull them through. 

Tavernier in the Scottish 2nd tier looked as if he was a 110%rs it' a sad state of affairs when a guy from say Hamilton fc can make a Rangers player into a 40%rs. He is never Rangers standard and never will be, the most rubbish captain I've seen in Rangers.

2 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Why people are wanting to keep tav is beyond me the amount of times he ends an attack due to either an inept cross or pass is criminal. He shouldn't play another game for us.A defender that can't defend coupled with a winger that can't pass is not captain material.

Tavernier has 8 assists and 7 goals in the league.  We've scored 70 league goals this season and Tavernier has had a hand in 15 of those by either creating the chance or putting it in the net.  As attacking full-backs go he's one of the best in the league.  

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Tavernier has 8 assists and 7 goals in the league.  We've scored 70 league goals this season and Tavernier has had a hand in 15 of those by either creating the chance or putting it in the net.  As attacking full-backs go he's one of the best in the league.  

The amount of crosses or passes he misplaces is criminal. Have a look at the amount of goals that is lost because of him losing possesson up front and the opposition team taking advantage of the space left because of yet another one of his failed run down the wing. This problem has been on going since Warburton and yet not one of these inept managers have told him his job is to defend first and foremost. His run against Kilmarnock sums up his season, he charged down to the byline to only pass it to broadfoot.

10 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Certainly. Gerrard will have the full script on every last detail on who's who at Ibrox and he will certainly know ALL about king. Not to be trusted box. Gerrard has his own circle of friends and confidants. Rangers are his employer and King essentially a stranger with a big question mark over him.

There will be much in Glasgow and Ibrox that he will relate to and have an affinity with and no doubt soak up the matchday atmosphere and all that we are about, but at the end of the day, Stevie is doing this for him. Part of his long term plan. If he is successful we are and who knows, his inner circle maybe much bigger than our board are. He is as street wise as they come and also at the extreme end of it. He is simply no mug, nor to be fucked with.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

The amount of crosses or passes he misplaces is criminal. Have a look at the amount of goals that is lost because of him losing possesson up front and the opposition team taking advantage of the space left because of yet another one of his failed run down the wing. This problem has been on going since Warburton and yet not one of these inept managers have told him his job is to defend first and foremost. His run against Kilmarnock sums up his season, he charged down to the byline to only pass it to broadfoot.

He's fantastic going forward probably the best we've had in over a decade.  Maybe not the best defensively but then we don't provide him any cover.  Our CBs and central midfield have been absent for about 2 years now.  

Tierney over at celtic isn't the best defensively but he has the benefit of playing in a better team who can cover his forward runs far more effectively.  In fact, I think Rodgers would bite your hand off for Tavernier so he could have the best two attacking full-backs in the country.  

17 minutes ago, TMB said:

As a full back, he is one f the worst in the league. This is no time for makeshift, but back to basics. The right players in the right boxes. Tav is a weakness we can no longer afford. Amongst many others I may add. 

We aint winning jack shit against the scum with tactics. We''re only beating them if we can match them in talent and that steely win at all costs mentaility. Stevie is giving no one in that squad a spine. You either have one or you dont. He isn't giving any one ability. You are born with it in spades or not and our lot are mostly in the not box, when it comes to the quality needed to win titles. There is no time for development.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

He's fantastic going forward probably the best we've had in over a decade.  Maybe not the best defensively but then we don't provide him any cover.  Our CBs and central midfield have been absent for about 2 years now.  

Tierney over at celtic isn't the best defensively but he has the benefit of playing in a better team who can cover his forward runs far more effectively.  In fact, I think Rodgers would bite your hand off for Tavernier so he could have the best two attacking full-backs in the country.  

Sorry but I have to agree to disagree, I believe he has been the cause of us losing games. The fact he has only 8 assists is pitiful considering he has about 10 crosses every game. I would definitely like to see him as one of the many out the door this season. Kirk Broadfoot was a better right back than him in fact maybe he still is.

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Certainly. Gerrard will have the full script on every last detail on who's who at Ibrox and he will certainly know ALL about king. Not to be trusted box. Gerrard has his own circle of friends and confidants. Rangers are his employer and King essentially a stranger with a big question mark over him.

There will be much in Glasgow and Ibrox that he will relate to and have an affinity with and no doubt soak up the matchday atmosphere and all that we are about, but at the end of the day, Stevie is doing this for him. Part of his long term plan. If he is successful we are and who knows, his inner circle maybe much bigger than our board are. He is as street wise as they come and also at the extreme end of it. He is simply no mug, nor to be fucked with.

What - GTF, you're thinking this is Roma he's signed for. 

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Sorry but I have to agree to disagree, I believe he has been the cause of us losing games. The fact he has only 8 assists is pitiful considering he has about 10 crosses every game. I would definitely like to see him as one of the many out the door this season. Kirk Broadfoot was a better right back than him in fact maybe he still is.

Tavernier has had a hand in 15 of our league goals this season.  The quality of his delivery at times is first class.  If the guy could defend as well as he could attack he'd be worth £10m+ and currently play for a team in the EPL.  In fact, he has EPL sides sniffing about him anyway and may end up there in the summer.  Rangers have been subjected to incompetent managers for years and we've lacked solid options at CB or CDM who can cover and protect our full-backs when they go forward.  With a better manager, with better players throughout the team, Tavernier can be one of our biggest playing assets.  Broadfoot, Whittaker, Foster, none of them were better than Tavernier.  You'd need to look back about a decade to when Alan Hutton left to find a better right sided full-back.  

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

As a full back, he is one f the worst in the league. 

James Tavernier is one of the best attacking full-backs in the league.  The only guy that is possibly better is Tierney.  Suggesting he's one of the worst in the league is complete nonsense in fact can you provide me a comprehensive list of all the full-backs currently in the SPFL that are better?

Going to hold my counsel on most of the squad until Gerrard gets in and works with them.

For us to be successful next year i reckon he has to revitalise players like, Tav, John, McCrorie, Docherty, Jack, Dorrans, Murphy and Morelos. Part of that will be to surround them with big players, especially two centre halfs who are leaders. Add to that a good goalie, a no.10 and striker.