BBC Scotland/Sportsound Bias

Might as welk climb up onto a powerline and have a big piss on it for the good that will do. Hopefully over the next few months the english media will call the scottish out on this. Gerrard will have media men down there who will be told to ask these questions when requested to i'm sure....

1 minute ago, Rambo1872 said:

Might as welk climb up onto a powerline and have a big piss on it for the good that will do. Hopefully over the next few months the english media will call the scottish out on this. Gerrard will have media men down there who will be told to ask these questions when requested to i'm sure....

You would'nt get your c$$k out mate 25000 volts it would be dust. I tried to appeal to BBC impartiality and equality, if you don't try you deffo don't get.

14 minutes ago, RTID 1968 said:

Hello Bears

I am so fed up following the Stevie Grerrard appointment coverage in general up here but especially BBC Sportsound's. On friday night even radio snide was semi positive so had a wee listen to the pathetic journo puppets on sportsound. As a result I made a complaint to the BBC and hope to get some answers, though I dont hold out much hope, see below:

bbc_complaints_website@bbc.co.uk <bbc_complaints_website@bbc.co.uk>

11:48 AM (1 minute ago)

to me

Dear Mr M****ll

Thanks for contacting the BBC. This is to confirm we’ve received the attached complaint sent in this name. We’ve included the text of the complaint and a case reference for your records (see below).

Please don’t reply to this email because it’s an automated acknowledgement sent from an account which can’t receive replies. If you do need to get in touch, please use our webform instead at www.bbc.co.uk/complaints, quoting your reference number.

We’ll normally include the text below in our overnight report to producers and management of all the complaints and other reaction we receive today (with your personal details removed). This means it will reach the right people by tomorrow morning.

We’ll do our best to reply as soon as we can, but the time needed depends on the nature of your complaint. If we can’t reply as soon as we’d like (usually within 10 working days) we’ll let you know. For full details of our complaints process please visit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle-complaint/.

Here are the details of your complaint:

----------

YOUR COMPLAINT:

Complaint Summary: Bais in reporting and coverage of Rangers FC

Full Complaint: BBC Scotland have had a long running dispute with Rangers FC regarding "Chief Football Journalist" Chris McLaughlin who on Friday Evening suggested Rangers Director of Football had seen Mr Gerrard at Ibrox and thought lets try him for Manager. This is only one small instance in very, very many that have been stated on this so called factual show to ridicule and undermine Rangers FC. I must say that BBC Scotland are not alone in their treatment of Rangers FC, since their demotion in 2012 it has been the norm to ridicule and undermine them at every opportunity. The difference is on 4/5/2018 Rangers FC signed Mr S Gerrard as Manager of the Club who is a past England Captain with 114 Caps as well as being a global figure in the game, surely a positive story for both Rangers FC and Scottish Football? Not on BBC Scotland, on Radio 5 Live it was all positive, so why the difference in reporting? There is most definitely a bias in the reporting and coverage of Rangers by BBC Scotland and their Sports Department in particular. A comparison of the coverage of this appointment by both entities compared to their BBC colleagues south of the border illustrates this very plainly. Furthermore BBC Scotland's self imposed ban on live coverage of games at Ibrox coupled with the aforementioned bias is carried out using funding from the BBC licence, which in my view is borderline criminal. I would put a conservative estimate on their being 500,000 Rangers Fans in Scotland alone and many more throughout the UK who all come from BBC licence paying households, as well as additional fans of all opposing Clubs also deprived of BBC Scotland live coverage. All these people are deprived of proper live football coverage from Ibrox because of BBC Scotland's decision to not provide live coverage, what gives them the right to do so? Also the BBC prides itself on impartiality, how in any way can this bias and live ban be impartial? I await your explanation in hope of fairness and equality.

----------

Thank you again for contacting us,

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

You should see what the cunt Tom English wrote the other day on the bbc website. 

6 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Fair play but these cunts will probably read that as a positive at winding you/us up.

When the tide turns they will then maybe try and work a way back into Ibrox until then fuck the BBC!

Here's hoping mate, hopefully Stevie gets some real talent in and we leave them in our dust, what are the c$%ts going to say then.

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Well done . 

I think the recent coverage by the bbc south of the border just shows up their Scottish counterparts . I think it's the first time we've been able to get a direct comparison , between the two on a major scale and something we should be making more of . 

?

Thanks, I agree mate, its the first time we could make that comparison.

Well done and think your timing of the complaint maybe quite intuitive...

The SMSM (BBC/SNIDE/RED TOPS) have for quite sometime continually printed/reported any and every negative slant they could find and or make up against our club, however the tables are turning Steven Gerrard's appointment bring not only the UK's MSM but also the worlds. This will not only reflect positively regarding our brand outwith Scotland but will also over shadow the SMSM content while pushing any negative content regarding us as well as their love in with the east end mob in to the journalistic wilderness (hope it also put a further nail in the Red Tops circulation).    

1 minute ago, Carling1873 said:

Well done and think your timing of the complaint maybe quite intuitive...

The SMSM (BBC/SNIDE/RED TOPS) have for quite sometime continually printed/reported any and every negative slant they could find and or make up against our club, however the tables are turning Steven Gerrard's appointment bring not only the UK's MSM but also the worlds. This will not only reflect positively regarding our brand outwith Scotland but will also over shadow the SMSM content while pushing any negative content regarding us as well as their love in with the east end mob in to the journalistic wilderness (hope it also put a further nail in the Red Tops circulation).    

Could'nt agree more mate, now is the time to drive home the differences and expose them for what they are, they have had carte blanche on us without reply or reprisals. Id love to see all the red tops fail.

Good on you RTID1968 ...... to ignore the bias is to accept it as fact ..... something that has been glaringly absent when reporting on anything Rangers' related from this despicable plastic Irish (sorry) Scottish branch of this so called "neutral" British broadcasting corporation.

I hope you get a response that echoes the positive reporting down south on the SG appointment ... the difference in reporting from the same institution is shockingly bigoted but also unsurprising and shows them up for the idiots they are .... hopefully head office will take the same view you have highlighted on our behalf .... good luck mate.

:UK:

I used to think this sort of complaining is a bit taig like and to an extent it is, but it has worked a treat for them, fair play to  OP for taking the time to actually fight fire with fire. Can't be a bad thing.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck what they say nowadays there's enough Rangers related media I can read on the internet and speak to fellow bears  to find out what I need to know,  fuck em.

plus I haven't had a license in 6 yr  so who am I to complain :guns:

Ongoing saga with the BBC banned. They were not allowed at the SG conference and had to play it back on sportsound  "courtesy of associated press".

The Gerrard appointment may force them to kiss and make up for the sake of their Enlgish counterparts (who I assume are banned as well).

Very admirable post @RTID 1968 :) 

I think the doom and gloom of Scottish BBC will be salivating to see SG fail, which in turn will drive SG to succeed more because of this. 

He appears to talk a very good plan, I await eagerly for him to execute and prove the naysayers wrong. 

It will be priceless to see how many will then get on board within the Scottish Journalists, when this does happen. 

6 minutes ago, mus said:

Am I not right in saying we didn't ban the bbc the did it themselves after we banned that weasel?

Correct. Only that Gollum cunt is banned. His employers took it upon themselves to not attend Ibrox.

I’d love to be a multi millionaire (for several reasons ) if I were I’d take that BBC Scotland lot to court.

They have a duty to all license payers to give fair and ballanced coverage, not to boycott certain organisations because they have banned one of their employees.

They are failing in their duty, I think back to those journalists who got a hard time from the SNP for asking hard questions, although I don’t think they were banned they may have been removed by the BBC from reporting on further events

These people need to realise who pays their wages.

55 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Very admirable post @RTID 1968 :) 

I think the doom and gloom of Scottish BBC will be salivating to see SG fail, which in turn will drive SG to succeed more because of this. 

He appears to talk a very good plan, I await eagerly for him to execute and prove the naysayers wrong. 

It will be priceless to see how many will then get on board within the Scottish Journalists, when this does happen. 

Disagree with this. I think they will be told by their English bosses to be less irrational. 

Not just them, but other Scottish pundits.

But like your last paragraph.

5 hours ago, gmcf said:

Well done . 

I think the recent coverage by the bbc south of the border just shows up their Scottish counterparts . I think it's the first time we've been able to get a direct comparison , between the two on a major scale and something we should be making more of . 

?

Sadly it seems they both have very different bosses 

Nuking the fucking place might be the only way to get rid of the cancerous bias from this lot