Dave King Full Q&A

7 hours ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

Because then you’d pay Corporation Tax at 19% and shareholders would be looking for dividends. 

Thats the whole point of running at a deficit. It means we don’t have tax to pay, and there are no dividends. 

We’re running at a deficit out of choice, not because we don’t have enough 

so we're cheating the taxman again? The face painters union will be all over us for this

8 minutes ago, GT66 said:

To be fair to deanzmeanzheinz, it's a fact that everyone close to Gerrard, that have had an opinion on it, have said exactly what he posted.

But it’s now being repeated as fact that Gerrard wouldn’t have come here without big investment. Gerrard says the ambition of the board matches his, that could mean anything. Maybe Gerrard doesn’t think/realise he needs a huge budget. 

Obviously I want it to be true, but I’m worried that people are setting themselves up for a fall. 

3 hours ago, five stars said:

That would mean we'd need to seriously reduce our expenditure. i.e. reduce the amount we spend on players wages, have little or no transfer budget and sell players as necessary to cover any shortfall in revenue.

Are you happy with that?

Jeez it’s like talking to 3 year olds. 

Here’s a novel idea, why don’t the board try their hardest to maximise the revenue of the club, find investment that gives us a team capable of reaching the group stages, then fucking tell us about what we can spend the Euro money on. 

Or tell you what let’s just do it Dave and your way (are you mini by any chance). Don’t look for new outside investment, don’t bother trying to maximise revenue just ask the fans for more and whatever shirt deal we can scrap together (how much is that by the way), give yourself more cheap shares for the drip drip loans that aren’t enough to raise the squad to the level required.

Go on the TV and waffle about euro money and how its the answer to all our prayers (surprised he never mentioned the 1 million shirt sales) for the gullible to lap up and talk about winning a title as a given the CL money is ours already but give us fuck all idea how we intend to get there. 

Aye by all means do it your way it’s not as if we didn’t try that before and nothing bad happened. 

PS, just for a laugh go down to your local business development branch and ask them for the money backing for a new business, and when they ask to see your future revenue projections and you put a huge mibbees next to a 1/3 of your future revenue, tell me how hard they laughed at you. 

17 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Thanks, that seems like a statement of facts rather than the misleading biased shite i have to read in the paper.

In your opinion is King lying then when he says it will definitely not require him to act upon the courts decision? 

I won't go over old ground, sufficient to say that king is subject to CoS order and injunction, contempt of the CoS is a criminal offence not a civil one, that contempt can result in 2 years prison time and unlimited fines, or either of, that is the simple facts of that matter.

The other matter of failure to comply with TOP would have serious repercussions for not only king, but also us as a business and a club affecting every aspect of our ability to trade as long as he was/is associated with us in any circumstance. Incidentally king has no authority to have any rights issue during any offer period, permission for that is the remit of TOP,  I don't remember them giving it or any announcement to that effect. 

People who believe anything king says are at best naive, as his history shows.

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

No, but first and foremost it stopped 10 in a row.would you settle for that this time next year? 

Yip I’ve already said it’s a priority in fact I want 9 stopped. 

But spare me the pish about the scum going into some sort of meltdown and we will be dominant. 

12 minutes ago, backup said:

I won't go over old ground, sufficient to say that king is subject to CoS order and injunction, contempt of the CoS is a criminal offence not a civil one, that contempt can result in 2 years prison time and unlimited fines, or either of, that is the simple facts of that matter.

The other matter of failure to comply with TOP would have serious repercussions for not only king, but also us as a business and a club affecting every aspect of our ability to trade as long as he was/is associated with us in any circumstance. Incidentally king has no authority to have any rights issue during any offer period, permission for that is the remit of TOP,  I don't remember them giving it or any announcement to that effect. 

Seems to confirmed what I thought?.

Over the last few days I'd started to believe we could achieve something with Gerrard but all that Q&A shite I've just read through from King has brought me crashing back down hard.

He needs booting out ASAP before he starts getting ahead of himself and above his station (if he hasn't already & as much as a chairman can) and acting in spite of any personal legal disputes and further damages our brand when Stevie has only just brought us back in to world spotlight.

2 hours ago, surfsup2 said:

True i was disappointed with no new investment as that's what we were all hoping to hear yesterday.

I  don't think we cud handle another season like this one we need to see improvement both on and off the field..

I just hope he knows what he's doing .

We have been living in hope for many seasons now, I think now is the time to realise all we ever had was false hope and even it has run dry now.

Have said before but when King talks football matters it sounds like he is trying to explain it to businessmen and when he talks business matters it sounds like he is trying to explain it to football fans...the end result being neither its intended target and we are just left with often ridiculous sound bytes!

49 minutes ago, OhW said:

But it’s now being repeated as fact that Gerrard wouldn’t have come here without big investment. Gerrard says the ambition of the board matches his, that could mean anything. Maybe Gerrard doesn’t think/realise he needs a huge budget. 

Obviously I want it to be true, but I’m worried that people are setting themselves up for a fall. 

Exactly what i have been saying to people, whilst i think he probably will have assurances of big money, everyone is passing it off as fact that he has been promised vast amounts to be spent or wouldn't be here.

49 minutes ago, backup said:

His argument against complying seems to be an administrative issue regarding setting up a UK bank account. He has stated he will make the offer but he has stated very clearly he has enough backing from current shareholders that will make this offer irrelevant as it won't reach the 50% mark. It's whether or not he is lying regarding the backing of other shareholders I'm not sure about.

2 minutes ago, Misteral said:

If that's what you see you should go to Specsavers :lol:

hes obviously purposely trying to take us into administration again before the share issue. Ill be surprised if Ibrox hasnt already been sold off. I have no doubts hes working with Ashley. So much for us being vigilant. 

39 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Jeez it’s like talking to 3 year olds. 

Here’s a novel idea, why don’t the board try their hardest to maximise the revenue of the club, find investment that gives us a team capable of reaching the group stages, then fucking tell us about what we can spend the Euro money on. 

Or tell you what let’s just do it Dave and your way (are you mini by any chance). Don’t look for new outside investment, don’t bother trying to maximise revenue just ask the fans for more and whatever shirt deal we can scrap together (how much is that by the way), give yourself more cheap shares for the drip drip loans that aren’t enough to raise the squad to the level required.

Go on the TV and waffle about euro money and how its the answer to all our prayers (surprised he never mentioned the 1 million shirt sales) for the gullible to lap up and talk about winning a title as a given the CL money is ours already but give us fuck all idea how we intend to get there. 

Aye by all means do it your way it’s not as if we didn’t try that before and nothing bad happened. 

PS, just for a laugh go down to your local business development branch and ask them for the money backing for a new business, and when they ask to see your future revenue projections and you put a huge mibbees next to a 1/3 of your future revenue, tell me how hard they laughed at you. 

Your right!! Lol

We're not a good investment!!!

That's why we're lucky to have investors that ain't in it to make money, which allows us to spend more than we earn.

Your solution to our financial situation is simple according to yourself.

Maximiize revenue! That's an amazing idea and i wonder why no one had ever though of that before. If you write to the board and let then know your great idea then all our financial concerns will be over in a flash.

Your other great idea is to bring in new outside investment. Again another original genius idea that you should tell the board about. There must be a loads of new investors out there who just can't wait to invest in a business that doesn't make any money!

Regarding three year olds, your simplistic plan could of been devised in crayon in any nursery up and down the country.

12 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

His argument against complying seems to be an administrative issue regarding setting up a UK bank account. He has stated he will make the offer but he has stated very clearly he has enough backing from current shareholders that will make this offer irrelevant as it won't reach the 50% mark. It's whether or not he is lying regarding the backing of other shareholders I'm not sure about.

His bank argument is nonsense, big law companies transfer money by the millions abroad in a couple of hours into recipient law company or bank escrow account.

You keep thinking it is irrelevant along with slippery, your prerogative.

2 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

hes obviously purposely trying to take us into administration again before the share issue. Ill be surprised if Ibrox hasnt already been sold off. I have no doubts hes working with Ashley. So much for us being vigilant. 

You may know more than most but let's hope you're talking complete shite, and I suspect you are. Let's hope so, anyway. :lol:

5 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

The Easdales etc will bite his hand off at 20p? Expand ...........

Calm down Jack. Lets see Mr Kings 20p offer on the table first then watch....nothing to talk about till Mr King complies with the court order.