Dave King Full Q&A

18 hours ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Do you expect celtic to tool up this summer on the back of Gerrard’s appointment?

He is someone who is not going to tolerate people in the dressing-room who he doesn’t think want to be there - or doesn’t think are capable of delivering on the park. We have lost seven home games and that’s unheard of and it tells you something. It’s character. It’s not because we have a worse team than St Johnstone it’s about the character of the people playing in front of 50,000 at Ibrox. Gerrard understands that very well and understands the type of person he needs to bring in who can deal with that and not be intimidated. You watch again on Saturday when a couple of passes go astray and the murmurs come in and all the players play safe. You want players who are bigger than that who say, ‘Ok I gave the ball away, but I will try that pass again.’ That’s character. Steven knows what he wants to bring into this club to go and win games.

100% spot on with this bit, the problem with our players is they haven't the quality to play or see the killer pass, so basically the ball gets circulated around and around again till the move breaks down.

Stevie Gerrard is going to have to instill character in to the majority of these players as well then.

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Genuinely think on the whole we would be better off without him. 

Life would’ve so much simpler!

When was the last time all we had to really worry about was the football?

I think it was when Lurch fished Lee Wallace’s scoring header out from behind the goal line at the Brendanbeau & it wasn’t given.

I’m not kidding.

4 hours ago, gj923 said:

I know and imagine he had weeks notice that he needed a UK adviser to prepare the offer who could provide the escrow facilities.......

He managed to set up an account to buy shares in us pretty quickly though

I would guess and I can understand that he could lose a few hundred k by moving them to Sterling and then back to SA if the exchange rate moves against him.

Absolutely, especially when moving the funds is a pointless move because he's making an offer nobodies going to accept. He could very easily lose £100k if the exchange rate of the rand changes even slightly in that time (and it's a highly volatile currency at the best of times).

I'm no King lover, but this reeks of the courts changing the goalposts. Something that happens all too frequently

6 minutes ago, gj923 said:

There are some nuggets in there.... mine being greatest achievement to get a loan off close, followed by not wanting money for money’s sake from Hong Kong

:lol: I picked that part out about Hong Kong in the first page, unbelievable.

How do you even begin to understand what goes on in DKs head 

13 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Really, did we go full freefall after they won that year. 

No, that part of it is nonsense. I'm really referring to the idea of taking one league title within 2 years to even things up and of course stop 10 in a row.

2 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

:lol: I picked that part out about Hong Kong in the first page, unbelievable.

How do you even begin to understand what goes on in DKs head 

More you read it the more you think wtf

9 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Absolutely, especially when moving the funds is a pointless move because he's making an offer nobodies going to accept. He could very easily lose £100k if the exchange rate of the rand changes even slightly in that time (and it's a highly volatile currency at the best of times).

I'm no King lover, but this reeks of the courts changing the goalposts. Something that happens all too frequently

Absolutely what ? if you aren't making excuses for king not to carry out a lawful court order, that is king who got himself in the position all on his own, I must be reading you all wrong.

14 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

If King hadn't breached city rules then he wouldn't have had to make the offer. This is his punishment not bullying 

I don't think it is changing the goal posts. I think it is more to do with the UK and South Africa double Tax treaty. 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/526892/s-africa-uk-dtc-2011.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/double-taxation-relief/dt17350pp

As a wise man (Judge Brian Southwood) once said:

Southwood said the court had seen King testify for four days and 'are unanimous in finding that he is a mendacious witness whose evidence should not be accepted on any issue unless it is support by documents and other objective evidence'.

'It was remarkable that King showed no sign of embarrassment or any emotion when he conceded that he had lied to the (Sars) commissioner in a number of his income tax returns. In our assessment, he is a glib and shameless liar.'

:sarcasm:

19 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

That judge also referred to him as the richest man in South Africa. Assume you accept that description as well :huh:

At the time Kings lawyer disputed it and he only ever featured in rich lists - never #1. There's no dispute over the judges other claims :sarcasm:

What is interesting though, given that he's obviously still very wealthy is that he no longer features in the top 20:

https://businesstech.co.za/news/wealth/185007/here-are-the-20-richest-people-in-south-africa/

:huh: :unsure:

2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

At the time Kings lawyer disputed it and he only ever featured in rich lists - never #1. There's no dispute over the judges other claims :sarcasm:

What is interesting though, given that he's obviously still very wealthy is that he no longer features in the top 20:

https://businesstech.co.za/news/wealth/185007/here-are-the-20-richest-people-in-south-africa/

:huh: :unsure:

The state claimed king was the richest.

Dave King richest in SA - State

2006-08-03 10:59

Amanda Visser

Johannesburg - The State on Wednesday lifted the veil on the size of the fortune belonging to Dave King, the businessman and accused in one of the most sensational fraud cases in the country.

The State says that King is the richest man in South Africa and Britain and has already spent R65m just on legal representation in South Africa.

His expenses total as much as R2.5m per month, he spends R300 000 a month on his credit card and every month £81 000 is paid into his credit card.

Advocate John Myburgh (SC) for the State is opposing his argument that the case against him cannot continue because he has insufficient funds to pay for legal representation.

King is facing 322 charges, ranging from tax dodging, violation of exchange control measures and extortion to money laundering.

5 minutes ago, backup said:

The state claimed king was the richest.

Dave King richest in SA - State

2006-08-03 10:59

Amanda Visser

That full article is worth reading:

Advocate John Myburgh (SC) for the State is opposing his argument that the case against him cannot continue because he has insufficient funds to pay for legal representation.

King playing the skint card...

In a radio interview, King allegedly referred to SA Revenue Service (SARS) commissioner Pravin Gordhan as a bully.

King being bullied...

Myburgh said there was no further chance for plea bargaining. King had his last chance and did not respond in the time allowed.

King stretching it out...

https://www.fin24.com/Business/Dave-King-richest-in-SA-State-20060803

I have an overwhelming sense of Deja Vu' :sarcasm: