Gandhi1872

Dave King Full Q&A

Just now, gj923 said:

how will it not reach the 50% mark - no one knows this

King’s quote, it’s who do we believe. A media that is trying to destroy us or Dave King. I’m fucked if I know but I’m tending to go for believing King before a shower of scum journalist bastards.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

King’s quote, it’s who do we believe. A media that is trying to destroy us or Dave King. I’m fucked if I know but I’m tending to go for believing King before a shower of scum journalist bastards.

I am discounting the media as they have not really commented on TOP that much other than provide reporting on it. I don't think many people have given their slant on it simply because they don't understand it as they are sports journalists.

However our chairman has admitted that the club will continue to run with losses for the future. So where does that leave the likes of institutional investors, Easdale and the disenfranchised? Continue to hold the shares or simply get out as they will not get back to the previous level for a long time. I think a lot with exit

Hopefully It's how stuff is done in the business world and Mr King is savvy enough to keep ahead of the game.

Never show your full hand and then if going for players they don't overprice just because it's us .

21 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

If King is correct and it does require this 50% which will not happen, is it not then an irrelevance?

its like me saying ive been done for multiple rapes but I probably wont get convicted so it doesn't matter.... its a ridiculous statement. Look up how many cunts have been pursued by these guys then divide that number by the directors of public companies and then come back and tell me its an irrelevance.

Just now, surfsup2 said:

Hopefully It's how stuff is done in the business world and Mr King is savvy enough to keep ahead of the game.

Never show your full hand and then if going for players they don't overprice just because it's us .

That's what we all want to believe but we need to face it, we have no money and no major investment is coming in. Next season will be the same losers as this season with a couple more loans and free transfers. In general any new faces will be a mixture of guys who have seen better days or youngsters struggling to get a game at their club. Losers and wage wasters like Halliday, Holt, fuck it nearly the whole team will be there.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Really, did we go full freefall after they won that year. 

No, but first and foremost it stopped 10 in a row.would you settle for that this time next year? 

1 minute ago, geronimoo said:

That's what we all want to believe but we need to face it, we have no money and no major investment is coming in. Next season will be the same losers as this season with a couple more loans and free transfers. In general any new faces will be a mixture of guys who have seen better days or youngsters struggling to get a game at their club. Losers and wage wasters like Halliday, Holt, fuck it nearly the whole team will be there.

True i was disappointed with no new investment as that's what we were all hoping to hear yesterday.

I  don't think we cud handle another season like this one we need to see improvement both on and off the field..

I just hope he knows what he's doing .

10 minutes ago, gj923 said:

I am discounting the media as they have not really commented on TOP that much other than provide reporting on it. I don't think many people have given their slant on it simply because they don't understand it as they are sports journalists.

However our chairman has admitted that the club will continue to run with losses for the future. So where does that leave the likes of institutional investors, Easdale and the disenfranchised? Continue to hold the shares or simply get out as they will not get back to the previous level for a long time. I think a lot with exit

Kings many things but a fool he is not. He wouldn’t of made the statement he did if he wasn’t 100% sure Easdales etc was on board. 

18 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

Is there anyone who believes Dave King has all this under control and it’s all part of a bigger plan. Seriously, is there anyone who does?

probably not but hes all we got a the moment and he has my backing; his answers at the start of the thread are as comprehensive as they can be at this stage we will just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Carsons Dog said:

@eskbankloyal - I believe you are friendly with Paul Murray

Did he give you a reason why he quit and was it just coincidence that both of them quit at the same time?

Eh?

I interviewed him once for a website I used to write for in 2013 and have never had a single conversation with him since...

6 hours ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

Because then you’d pay Corporation Tax at 19% and shareholders would be looking for dividends. 

Thats the whole point of running at a deficit. It means we don’t have tax to pay, and there are no dividends. 

We’re running at a deficit out of choice, not because we don’t have enough income.

I gave you a like for the first two sentences mate, as they make financial sense, to an extent ..... unfortunately you have me slightly baffled with your last sentence as it seems to contradict your first two.

Care to elaborate on this enigma?

:UK:

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

They are succesful business men, i can't see why they would sell their shares at a loss, that's not how they became successful.

They may do it to cut their losses if they think things are going to get worse. Im not saying I think they will but those shareholders might. 

Kings Q and A is an embarrassing shambles, full of flag waving pish, promising little and ignoring or trivialising important stuff. 

There is nothing there which indicates we will spend any more than 10m and I doubt it will be much more than the cash raised by the rights issue. 

All of the other cash like STs will go on operating costs., paying players to go and likely Close Bros. We are running at a deficit and borrowing from Close Bros at an exorbitant rate yet king says the money is there. 

Talk of us competing for a title is insane, and making out the scum will topple if we managed to do it is just completely out of touch. 

If the only investment we see is that mentioned by King, then I see SG walking away very publicly once he realises what he is stuck with. 

Jesus himself couldn't get most of those players off their arse. There was a lot of concern over SG being a rookie but now he's a rookie with a hopelessly limited budget and that's too much to ask. 

Just wait in the next few weeks as we fail to get player after player with the media full of tales of derisory bids. 

I can see SG going down as a missed opportunity for us. 

I thought King had finally made good but im back to hating the lying prick again. The sooner he is gone from Rangers the better. 

3 minutes ago, Guardian said:

They may do it to cut their losses if they think things are going to get worse. Im not saying I think they will but those shareholders might. 

Kings Q and A is an embarrassing shambles, full of flag waving pish, promising little and ignoring or trivialising important stuff. 

There is nothing there which indicates we will spend any more than 10m and I doubt it will be much more than the cash raised by the rights issue. 

All of the other cash like STs will go on operating costs., paying players to go and likely Close Bros. We are running at a deficit and borrowing from Close Bros at an exorbitant rate yet king says the money is there. 

Talk of us competing for a title is insane, and making out the scum will topple if we managed to do it is just completely out of touch. 

If the only investment we see is that mentioned by King, then I see SG walking away very publicly once he realises what he is stuck with. 

Jesus himself couldn't get most of those players off their arse. There was a lot of concern over SG being a rookie but now he's a rookie with a hopelessly limited budget and that's too much to ask. 

Just wait in the next few weeks as we fail to get player after player with the media full of tales of derisory bids. 

I can see SG going down as a missed opportunity for us. 

I thought King had finally made good but im back to hating the lying prick again. The sooner he is gone from Rangers the better. 

If Stevie Gerrard has a hopeless budget he wouldnt have taken it far less walked away. He also WILL walk away if the promises are not met. He has taken and im sure he will be in the dugout at the start of the season ( or do you have evidence he will not?) 

Please just wait until August then form your opinions on fact rather than speculating. 

32 minutes ago, thehost said:

its like me saying ive been done for multiple rapes but I probably wont get convicted so it doesn't matter.... its a ridiculous statement..

Sorry mate I’m a dumbass but even I know it’s nothing like that ?

47 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I understand he has lost the court case and he must make the offer but as he has said the offer will not be taken as it won’t reach this 50% mark. As such it is an irrelevance as the ruling won’t need acted on. The media aren’t reporting that fact.

No it is still statute by City code, you seem to think statute that applies to all others should not apply to king.

Incidentally it is 50% of the remaining 69.2% able to participate in the offer or 34.6% of total shares issued.

To promulgate 50% without any codicils is totally false and misleading.

Steven Gerrard comes across as being very astute and nobodies fool, so after speaking to Dave King and obviously getting the answers he wanted to hear he took the managers job - that'll do for me - fuck the media.

1 hour ago, thehost said:

back up what with hard facts?

some idiot is telling someone else that running a business, in a constant state of loss is "really nothing to worry about at this time".

It is patently not a sustainable, nor desirous situation to be in. It is not done through choice.

Fuck investing in a football club, you canny win.

You have on the one hand people criticising you for spending more than we earn.

On the other hand, people having a go because they feel we should be spending 10's of millions more.

For me the board have decent job as far as running the finances of the club, while doing a poor job as far as recruiting managers.

Although hopefully they've got this one right with the appointment of Stevie G.

28 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Eh?

I interviewed him once for a website I used to write for in 2013 and have never had a single conversation with him since...

Ah ok, I thought you were mates with him.

?

19 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

If Stevie Gerrard has a hopeless budget he wouldnt have taken it far less walked away. He also WILL walk away if the promises are not met. He has taken and im sure he will be in the dugout at the start of the season ( or do you have evidence he will not?) 

Please just wait until August then form your opinions on fact rather than speculating. 

38 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Eh?

and got emails.... don't forget the emails :aberdeen:

28 minutes ago, backup said:

No it is still statute by City code, you seem to think statute that applies to all others should not apply to king.

Incidentally it is 50% of the remaining 69.2% able to participate in the offer or 34.6% of total shares issued.

To promulgate 50% without any codicils is totally false and misleading.

Thanks, that seems like a statement of facts rather than the misleading biased shite i have to read in the paper.

In your opinion is King lying then when he says it will definitely not require him to act upon the courts decision?