Dave King Full Q&A

Not a fan of king either by all means, but what he did say is true .

That mob have so many players on their books and are paying a shit load in wages.

He's a master of the mind games and  long haul strategy

He's basically saying to investors please come and be part of this and stop the taigs   NOW

19 minutes ago, OhW said:

The amount of posts I see saying stuff like "but, believe you me, Mr Gerrard is no fool. He is a global icon with the best advisors money can buy". I even saw someone saying that Gerrard has had "media training that players up here can only dream of", like players dream of media training. 

I was buzzing on Friday, and I really would love for Gerrard to be backed to the hilt financially, but some people just need to calm down.

:lol:i can just hear the conversation now.

Son "Dad i pure want to be a footballer when i grow up"

Dad "that's good son do you want to play for Rangers"

Son "no dad i want to play in England"

Dad "that's good son, you want to play against the best, you are ambitious"

Son "no dad, i dream of the media training they get down there, i could never achieve that here"

3 minutes ago, AM1872 said:

Calm down Jack. Lets see Mr Kings 20p offer on the table first then watch....nothing to talk about till Mr King complies with the court order.

You were the one who talked about it first.

28 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

His argument against complying seems to be an administrative issue regarding setting up a UK bank account. He has stated he will make the offer but he has stated very clearly he has enough backing from current shareholders that will make this offer irrelevant as it won't reach the 50% mark. It's whether or not he is lying regarding the backing of other shareholders I'm not sure about.

The cash is held in an escrow account with his agents Alexander David Securities so that whole bank account stuff is King talking shite

45 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

His argument against complying seems to be an administrative issue regarding setting up a UK bank account. He has stated he will make the offer but he has stated very clearly he has enough backing from current shareholders that will make this offer irrelevant as it won't reach the 50% mark. It's whether or not he is lying regarding the backing of other shareholders I'm not sure about.

The administration issue is that the banks would want to know details he might not be happy to provide; banks want to protect themselves against , for instance, money laundering.

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

so we're cheating the taxman again? The face painters union will be all over us for this

How can you pay Corporation Tax, which is a Tax on a company's funds within its accounts at the end of the financial year, if there is nothing there to tax? What is 19% of £0?

There is nothing wrong with running a company in this manner, where shareholders are not looking to make money from said company.

48 minutes ago, backup said:

His bank argument is nonsense, big law companies transfer money by the millions abroad in a couple of hours into recipient law company or bank escrow account.

You keep thinking it is irrelevant along with slippery, your prerogative.

It's not that simple. He's a SA resident with no interest in UK based companies asides from us. He won't have a UK bank account (he's said as much), and it can take a couple of weeks to get one approved if you're not a national.

If I wanted to set up a bank account in South Africa because I owned some shares in a company based there, I wouldn't get a current account overnight...

4 minutes ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

How can you pay Corporation Tax, which is a Tax on a company's funds within its accounts at the end of the financial year, if there is nothing there to tax? What is 19% of £0?

There is nothing wrong with running a company in this manner, where shareholders are not looking to make money from said company.

H&H is just winding us up. I already fell for it.  :lol:.

56 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

It's not that simple. He's a SA resident with no interest in UK based companies asides from us. He won't have a UK bank account (he's said as much), and it can take a couple of weeks to get one approved if you're not a national.

If I wanted to set up a bank account in South Africa because I owned some shares in a company based there, I wouldn't get a current account overnight...

He doesn't need a bank account here, he is talking nonsense and you are swallowing it.

1 hour ago, BareGrills said:

The cash is held in an escrow account with his agents Alexander David Securities so that whole bank account stuff is King talking shite

no its not or COS would not be taking action still - he stated it was held in SA

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

I know and imagine he had weeks notice that he needed a UK adviser to prepare the offer who could provide the escrow facilities.......

He managed to set up an account to buy shares in us pretty quickly though

I would guess and I can understand that he could lose a few hundred k by moving them to Sterling and then back to SA if the exchange rate moves against him.

2 hours ago, five stars said:

Your right!! Lol

We're not a good investment!!!

That's why we're lucky to have investors that ain't in it to make money, which allows us to spend more than we earn.

Your solution to our financial situation is simple according to yourself.

Maximiize revenue! That's an amazing idea and i wonder why no one had ever though of that before. If you write to the board and let then know your great idea then all our financial concerns will be over in a flash.

Your other great idea is to bring in new outside investment. Again another original genius idea that you should tell the board about. There must be a loads of new investors out there who just can't wait to invest in a business that doesn't make any money!

Regarding three year olds, your simplistic plan could of been devised in crayon in any nursery up and down the country.

?? your bonkers, so you must be close to the board. 

Did it ever occur to your slightly dense brain, why they are so keen to keep low cost shares for loans going and not let anyone else in???? 

Oh aye that’s right we have the only business men in the world stupid enough to put money into a football club. Again your rather dense grey matter doesn’t grasp the fact that they have lost no money. They haven’t gave the club a single penny they won’t make a profit on, but aye there is no money to be made for them  

But not to worry I’m sure your plan will work wonders, just don’t hold your breath or maybe do, no point you wasting oxygen. 

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

?? your bonkers, so you must be close to the board. 

Did it ever occur to your slightly dense brain, why they are so keen to keep low cost shares for loans going and not let anyone else in???? 

Oh aye that’s right we have the only business men in the world stupid enough to put money into a football club. Again your rather dense grey matter doesn’t grasp the fact that they have lost no money. They haven’t gave the club a single penny they won’t make a profit on, but aye there is no money to be made for them  

But not to worry I’m sure your plan will work wonders, just don’t hold your breath or maybe do, no point you wasting oxygen. 

Let's stop debating the issue and just trade personal insults instead.

Is that another one of your great plans?!

1 minute ago, five stars said:

Let's stop debating the issue and just trade personal insults instead.

Is that another one of your great plans?!

Not my fault your not the sharpest tack in the box old bean. 

I will leave you to dream of CL group games, with drip drip loans and sticking plaster. 

Have a nice day now. ??

1 hour ago, gj923 said:

no its not or COS would not be taking action still - he stated it was held in SA

Yup correct but if he had to transfer it to UK it would not be in his bank account it would be in escrow so all this opening a bank account is total shite. He always knew it would have to be in the UK this is just him being a slippery dodgy cunt.

17 hours ago, Gandhi1872 said:

What is the level of acceptance?

It is going to have to be 50 per cent of the non concert party shareholders, so you need the Easdales, all the Beaufort Nominees, the Blue Pitches, the Margaritas, to sell at 20p and they are not going to do that.

I think this is wrong.  I believe its 50% total of the voting rights which means its only 16% of other shares.

The Close Bros things.....well feck me gently.