Bates

59 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I have to say as much as I don’t mind Bates, lauding him as the saviour to our defensive problems is symptomatic of how much our club has fallen. He’s ok but without doubt he’s limited. The bottom line is he’s not Rangers quality, let’s not lose sight of what we should actually be aspiring to, rather than fall in line with the woeful ambition of our horrific board. 

Better lauding him than that overpaid, over hyped el fucking donkey! Now please don't tell me he''s Rangers quality.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Better lauding him that that overpaid, over hyped el fucking donkey! Now please don't tell me he''s Rangers quality.

I,m assuming you're referring to the highly respected, super experienced, international centre half that is Bruno Alves.  if you are I agree whole heartedly.

44 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

We need better than Bates if we want to be number one again.

would of been good as a back up player next season.

people make out he’s the next gough in the making ?

Who's making out he's the next Gough? Like I said though, he's developed a helluva lot since last year and can only get better. I've still yet to see a proper reason why he's not 'Rangers quality'. His positioning is excellent, timing, tackling, heading and marking all been excellent this season, basically everything you want in a defender. So why is he not 'Rangers quality'? 

49 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Think of someone that has won league titles for us. Richard Gough, Terry Butcher, David Weir, Lorenzo Amoruso, Majid Bougherra even. Do you see any of the qualities those men displayed in DB? Where’s the leadership? Where’s the dominance? Where’s the desire to kick your granny to win every ball? I don’t see it. Too many of our support have got used to seeing sub standard shite and what’s worse it’s accepted. 

Eh? He dominated Dembele, Sinclair etc at Parkhead back in December, hence why he was easily motm in that game. He came in and shored up our defence in his first game against a Killie side that we hadn't been all season. Maybe your just simply choosing to miss Bates' potential rather than notice it. We're the absolute kings at under appreciating our own simply because they don't come with a foreign accent and fancy name. 

He was slated previously for making mistakes (by me too)... but that was when he tried fancy shit and lost the ball.

As a defender who clears his lines he is good, and not afraid to stick a boot in - unlike others

10 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

See if you do 4 shites,  are any of them better than the other?

Well, aye.

10 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Did Ross McCrorie get motm every game he went on loan?

No and Ross McCrorie is woeful at centre half and only looks good played out of position at DM.

Bates is a young lad who has done well this season. He isn't brilliant but he's just about the best we have there.

Which maybe tells you more about the other options than it does about the boy himself.

Shame he's going as he would have been very useful to have in the squad.

8 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Some right bunny boilers on here. He is a young defender who we plucked from obscurity demanding a high salary after a handful of games in the first team. 

He is easily replaced and I'm sure Gerrard will find a defender to replace him who can pass the ball instead of booting it to fuck out of the park every time someone looks like challenging him.

Will cardoso, Martin and alves be easily replaced as well, because to a man they are fucking murder, and so is just about every centre half we've signed in the last 6 years. Bates was at least reliable.

So we need 4 reliable ball playing centre halves, not one.

Easily done. Thankfully the rest of the team is in great shape.

9 hours ago, King Jela said:

Who's making out he's the next Gough? Like I said though, he's developed a helluva lot since last year and can only get better. I've still yet to see a proper reason why he's not 'Rangers quality'. His positioning is excellent, timing, tackling, heading and marking all been excellent this season, basically everything you want in a defender. So why is he not 'Rangers quality'? 

Last year, I thought he was a bit raw - not comfortable on the ball and positional sense a bit off. However, I think he has made great progress since then, and he looks like getting better still. Will be sorry to see him go. 

11 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

No coincidence our good run of form ended with his injury. Solid. Not spectacular but solid. 

the minute he slipped against the tarriers and got injured that was us fucked .

looks like an accident waiting to happen but he's very very effective and defends well .a big loss .

who would have thought that .most of us had our head in our hands when alves got injured against the taigs early on and Bates took his place 

2 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Will cardoso, Martin and alves be easily replaced as well, because to a man they are fucking murder, and so is just about every centre half we've signed in the last 6 years. Bates was at least reliable.

So we need 4 reliable ball playing centre halves, not one.

Easily done. Thankfully the rest of the team is in great shape.

They are easily replaced with better because they have all been shit. 

10 hours ago, King Jela said:

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. Whilst he's not the perfect CB (if he was he wouldn't be here...) he's shown improvement as he's played more games. We look a far more solid side when he's involved. 

I think he usually performs in big games too. Never let us down away to them, away to Hibs, away to Aberdeen - he's usually done the business. That's usually a good marker of 'Rangers quality' for me.

As Amac mentioned earlier in the thread, regardless of whether you think they're good enough to do the business for us as a title winning side, it is criminal that we've managed to let Bates and Wilson leave for buttons whilst Martin (who is worse than AIDS) was signed up.

14 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

They are easily replaced with better because they have all been shit. 

And we're sitting flush with cash for this easy job? What better defenders will we get for free on 8k a week?

We'll still be stuck with some of this shite next season, and we've let go one of our only dependable players.

See if we had the likes of Gough, then letting go Bates wouldn't be an issue, but we've got absolute dog shite defenders that we won't be able to shift, and we've got no money to replace them anyway.

1 hour ago, Roy Hobbs said:

And we're sitting flush with cash for this easy job? What better defenders will we get for free on 8k a week?

We'll still be stuck with some of this shite next season, and we've let go one of our only dependable players.

See if we had the likes of Gough, then letting go Bates wouldn't be an issue, but we've got absolute dog shite defenders that we won't be able to shift, and we've got no money to replace them anyway.

We need better defenders. Did you miss both old firm games where we conceded 7 goals in aggregate? Or would Bates have kept a clean sheet?

We have money for signings. People said we didn't have money last season and we spent 1.5 million on Morelos alone.  Do you think we will be stuck with Morelos too? Give you something to fixate on for another season if we don't. 

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We need better defenders. Did you miss both old firm games where we conceded 7 goals in aggregate? Or would Bates have kept a clean sheet?

We have money for signings. People said we didn't have money last season and we spent 1.5 million on Morelos alone.  Do you think we will be stuck with Morelos too? Give you something to fixate on for another season if we don't. 

I'm glad you're optimistic but we won't have 4 better CH's than Bates come August, and we've let him go for free. The money we do get would be far better spent replacing players that are far poorer than him.