*****Official Hibs vs Rangers Match thread*****

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be a very pleasant surprise if we take anything from this one , they’ll come flying out the traps and we struggle to cope with a few of our players not attempting cope  , hibs are a mile better a team than Aberdeen having seen them both against us this season 

13 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Without McCrorie and Morelos we are likely to get thumped.   Is Windass injured?

Windass had a full training session on Monday, so he could be available for Sunday, although it looks like Dorrans will be out with knee ligament damage, according to Jimmy Nichol.

55AD3B97-090B-44C4-915A-648439FDFC78.thumb.jpeg.1cc0f8185b6ad241bc91192e4d11be37.jpeg

Rossiter has to play if we think he can. We simply need to have a physical presence in the midfield.

A diamond would be my preferred approach to pack the midfield and keep it tight. Get windass  going beyond their back line and getting it in for Cummings to finish having Murphy just sitting off them and drifting wide into space when needed.

possibly go to 4-1-2-3 later in the game if things open up in the second half.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

55AD3B97-090B-44C4-915A-648439FDFC78.thumb.jpeg.1cc0f8185b6ad241bc91192e4d11be37.jpeg

Rossiter has to play if we think he can. We simply need to have a physical presence in the midfield.

A diamond would be my preferred approach to pack the midfield and keep it tight. Get windass  going beyond their back line and getting it in for Cummings to finish having Murphy just sitting off them and drifting wide into space when needed.

:lol:

Nice one...

11 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

No chance we can play a diamond as hivs have very pacey tricky wingers in boyle and barker, boyle vs halliday gives me the fear.

53 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

No chance we can play a diamond as hivs have very pacey tricky wingers in boyle and barker, boyle vs halliday gives me the fear.

I don’t see how Having Murphy wide left and it still being Boyle vs Halliday gives you any less fear tbh. We need to dominate the midfield or were fucked.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't know the answer and I'm not trying to be a cunt but can somebody tell me how many times Morelos has scored for us in 2018? I need stats....

In the last ten games, he's only scored once he's not a natural striker.

Last time we played them they sat in the middle of the diamond we created in the middle of the park, they then hit us quickly by moving into the spaces we left open when we pushed up and turned over the ball.

Id go for 442 or a less adventurous 4321.

If we play the holding 2 in there we will get pummeled.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

In the last ten games, he's only scored once he's not a natural striker.

If he’s not a striker then what is he? He’s not a winger, he’s not a midfielder. In my eyes he’s a striker that’s just not good enough. Misses far too many chances and gets involved in playground style pushing and shoving every single match whilst tripping over his bottom lip. Liability on the pitch in more ways than one. I don’t even think he works as hard as everyone says he does, you often see him bumbling about at half pace. 

5 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I would be concerned with Rossiter starting if he would be up to the pace. Alves with last game before World Cup is he going to try hard? I have my doubts but do we have anyone else to play there?

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Alnwick

Me Bates Alves/youth Halliday

Rossiter 

Holt youth

Murphy

Winsass Cummings

All this time Tav has been on the forum.

Why you so shite these days?

Archived