*****Official Hibs vs Rangers Match thread*****

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

I thought Rossiter was superb today.

Even when we were conceding goals, he was screaming at the rest of the team to get their shit together and press.

Yeah Rossiter was probably the only one who showed he deserves a squad place next season.  Shame he got injured but looking at the brutality of the tackles that were made on him, not surprised he had to go off injured.  If things don't change with the refereeing, we're going to need players made of rock for next season or expect constant injuries.

18 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Fair play fuck all if the ref does his job they lose Allen and concede a pen to go 6-3 down as bad a referee performance since hibs at ibrox 

Fuckin right. They should've had a man sent off 1st half for one of the worst tackles I've seen this season. Then 2nd half a blatant hand ball not seen given by the ref.

2 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

Soft soft penalty, Allen should've been off, hand ball for a penalty not given, Holt sent off, the ref tried his fucking best today.

Allen should have been off and it was a blatant handball but the penalty was not soft. The silly fucker had their player by the neck when there was no need to make a challenge but just to get in front of him to block the run

12 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Fuck Europe. Not interested. We need to focus on domestic matters. Couldn't care less about Europe. That stuff is for another day and time. We've got to fight and win our battles on home soil first. 

Point taken  but It's important for income and to attract better players.

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

Allen should have been off and it was a blatant handball but the penalty was not soft. The silly fucker had their player by the neck when there was no need to make a challenge but just to get in front of him to block the run

Might even have been lucky because if the ref does his job there bates is off as the foul is outside the box

4 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

While we are on about the refs bear in mind today was out of our hands due to a discracefull Decision midweek 

It's obviously a Rangers thing. Just ask Cove.

I take comfort knowing that Aberdeen will sink now and we will take the league from celtic next season. 

3 minutes ago, shaka said:

Yeah Rossiter was probably the only one who showed he deserves a squad place next season.  Shame he got injured but looking at the brutality of the tackles that were made on him, not surprised he had to go off injured.  If things don't change with the refereeing, we're going to need players made of rock for next season or expect constant injuries.

Things won't be changing with the Scottish referees. The incompetence is very deeply rooted. The only professional, competent refereeing performance I saw all season at Ibrox was the one from the guy who officiated at the first leg of the European game. 

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

Might even have been lucky because if the ref does his job there bates is off as the foul is outside the box

Continues into the box though so penalty.

Probably not a sending off as not an obvious goal scoring opportunity as I thought the keeper was getting there first anyway

Still an idiotic attempt at defending

Never seen anything like it, 3-0 down we came back to be winning 5-3 we then manage to end up drawing 5-5. Wouldn't have mattered as Brendan lay down to the sheep. Managed to get into Europe is the only positive from this season, Big changes for next season hopefully exciting times ahead.

12 minutes ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

Even when we were conceding goals, he was screaming at the rest of the team to get their shit together and press.

Even when he was on his way off he was giving instructions he’s a class act imo and for what it’s worth that tackle would have had most carried off

We enter Europe at the 1st qualifying round. The first game is on the 12th July 2018.

If celtic win the cup final against Motherwell, Aberdeen will enter the cup at the 2nd qualifying stage on the 26th July. If Motherwell win the cup final, Aberdeen will enter on the 12th and Motherwell will get the 2nd round berth.

Finishing second has cost us 300k, and 2 extra weeks to get ready for Europe presuming that the Tim's don't lose the final

13 minutes ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

If, and its a big if, he can keep fit, he certainly looked like he could be the leader in the centre of the pitch that we have lacked for years.

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Continues into the box though so penalty.

Probably not a sending off as not an obvious goal scoring opportunity as I thought the keeper was getting there first anyway

Still an idiotic attempt at defending

It was naive defensively absolutely stupid surley it only matters where the first foul takes place 

16 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Things won't be changing with the Scottish referees. The incompetence is very deeply rooted. The only professional, competent refereeing performance I saw all season at Ibrox was the one from the guy who officiated at the first leg of the European game. 

It's why we need foreign refs

4 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

The initial foul outside the box was committed by the hibs player Bates was stupid to react to it and wrestle back with him, hib's striker got exactly what he wanted because he knew he wasn't getting the ball

A stone wall red card and a stone wall penalty not given

Is it getting to the stage we need to score 5 every game to beat the cheating bastards of referees in this country? How many times are we having to go over this now. How many calls against us before we rid ourselves of the 'paranoia' brigade and realise there is a vendetta against us in the refereeing body. 

Every fucking match were up against it. 

Archived