Jimmy Nicholl

Rupret

8 hours ago, Rupret said:

So I have previously slated JN and JJ as our emergency managers. After tonight I retract my previous comments, even with that poor draw tonight.

With Murty, that would have been 2 or 3 nil loss.

They steadied the ship at half time and made the correct changes.

I have nothing but respect for JN, getting that mob to draw away at Aberdeen and a win at home against Killie.

Murty had a better record against the sheep.

8 hours ago, HG5 said:

The way things have been recently, you’ve probably got a point.

Good job McLean’s rasper that hit the bar didn’t go in, though...

What is it with us & keepers who get beaten over their heads?

Strange observation considering Alnwick didn’t get beaten over his head.

It hit the crossbar.

If it was an inch or two lower he might well have got his finger tips to it and pushed it on to the bar.

Let’s be honest with ourselves here. 

We really shouldn’t be congratulating anyone in our management team for what they have done this season. Because it really hasn’t been good enough at all. 

Celebrating failure is something that should never be part of what we do

1 minute ago, beararse said:

It hit the crossbar.

If it was an inch or two lower he might well have got his finger tips to it and pushed it on the the bar.

He may have done, but didn’t.

What if it had dropped to one of theirs, off the bar, for a tap in?

Most keepers don’t take the risk &, if they can, they tip it over.

It was the idea in Jan to bring in players that supported Rangers i can only hope when SG takes over these cunts will be supporting us from a fukin long distance from Ibrox

20 minutes ago, beararse said:

It hit the crossbar.

If it was an inch or two lower he might well have got his finger tips to it and pushed it on to the bar.

But he did get beaten over his head.  Whether it went in or not is irrelevant.  The fact is it went over his head. If the ball was 10mm lower or had a bit more swerve or dip it was in and on the replays he still wouldn't have reached it.  

How many goals have we conceded this season from distance is the worry aspect tho and highlights how bad our goalkeepers, foderingham especially are and really needs to be addressed as a priority in the summer along with central defence

8 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

His tactics were punt the ball to Morelos in the first half and have the midfield pick up the scraps, the midfield gave no support.

Back to the McCoist guidebook for managing.

Goss should be sent back to wherever he came from,waste of a shirt, murphy is mastering the nicky law guidebook to midfield along with dorrans!  candieas needs to get stuck in he's always waiting for something to happen.

then Cummings at LM? Dear me.

mccrorie prob our best player and he was shocking first half.

jimmy will need to pull something out the bag if we are to beat hivs.

They were clearly not the tactics in first half. First 10 minutes we started really well and did everything JN said we should do in his pre match interview.

The penalty happened and the team completely lost their head and went into a sulk. Started firing long balls to no one and couldn't string two passes together.

Cannot wait until majority of this mob are shipped out in the summer. They've got nothing about them when it goes against us and it showed in the first half. 

Granted 2nd half was better and you've got to credit JN & JJ for that. 

26 minutes ago, beararse said:

If your Auntie had baws she’d be your Uncle!

The point I was making is that he wasn’t beaten: it wasn’t a goal.

Complaining about a goalkeeper getting beat by a shot which didn’t go in seems a very odd thing to do.

He never took a calculated risk, he tried to save it, he dived for the ball and was outstretched.

It so happened that the ball didn’t go in, nor did it drop to one of their players for a tap in, nor did it strike the crossbar and come off the back of Alnwick, nor did it miss the bar entirely and smack someone in the crowd square in the coupon (mores the pity)

If it was going in, he might well have saved it.

Now it’s you with the ‘auntie’ bit?

We’ll go round in circles on this one - got to go to work now, so have a nice day?

I'm not really sure that the case. The performances have been really insipid and if thats the players "playing for their place" under Gerrard, then most could ship out now. I dont really see anything thats steadied the ship - they have put exactly the same team on the park that Murty would have and the team hasn't exactly reacted positively.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Caretaker boss Nicholl was furious with referee McLean for putting his side's chances at risk, saying: "We can't afford (the referee's decision). If it hadn't happened we would've continued doing what we had been doing during the first 15 minutes you would like to think.

"Whatever threat they had we were dealing with as best we could.

"It wasn't a penalty and it's disappointing the referee gave it, especially if there's a doubt. If there's no doubt I'd be standing there saying: 'What are you doing, Alfredo? For goodness sake! You've cost us the game!'

Image:Aberdeen's Kenny McLean celebrates his penalty against Rangers but Ross McCrorie would hit back

"I'd understand if it was a blatant, stupid thing to do in the box. But it wasn't obvious. It isn't August with three games gone. It is the end of the season with two games to go and those were three points I thought we deserved and never got."

Gers remain a point behind Derek McInnes' men but Hibernian can draw level with the Light Blues if they beat Hearts on Wednesday night, meaning it will be all to play for when the Reds go to celtic Park and the Ibrox side to Easter Road on Sunday's final day of the season.

As well as being unhappy with referee McLean, Nicholl was frustrated his men allowed themselves to be affected by the referee's call.

"They had to get on with it, but they didn't," he said. "They got frustrated with the decision and lost their way. That was the annoying thing. We had to get them in at half-time and get the football head back on again.

"If you get frustrated with refereeing decisions, you lose concentration and you don't do your jobs properly. They did that and it was a great second 45 minutes.

"It was a good goal from Ross McCrorie, a determined young player who went with conviction."

Nicholl in a Rangers manager speaking sense shocker.

No point in complaining about the duds we have as referees in this country now, we go into every game knowing what standards the referees are, it's up to us to counter it.

Never was a penalty but the way our team capitulated that makes it obvious that they aren't Rangers players as such that should be their 2nd last game for us for all but one or two of them.

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

They were clearly not the tactics in first half. First 10 minutes we started really well and did everything JN said we should do in his pre match interview.

The penalty happened and the team completely lost their head and went into a sulk. Started firing long balls to no one and couldn't string two passes together.

Cannot wait until majority of this mob are shipped out in the summer. They've got nothing about them when it goes against us and it showed in the first half. 

Granted 2nd half was better and you've got to credit JN & JJ for that. 

I wouldn't say it "clearly wasn't" when we done it consistently for 35 minutes, but you're right it's not JN fault the midfield never turned up.

10 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

His tactics were punt the ball to Morelos in the first half and have the midfield pick up the scraps, the midfield gave no support.

Back to the McCoist guidebook for managing.

Goss should be sent back to wherever he came from,waste of a shirt, murphy is mastering the nicky law guidebook to midfield along with dorrans!  candieas needs to get stuck in he's always waiting for something to happen.

then Cummings at LM? Dear me.

mccrorie prob our best player and he was shocking first half.

jimmy will need to pull something out the bag if we are to beat hivs.

Cummings scored a hat trick from left wing against Falkirk and definitely had an affect from there last night. 

48 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Cummings scored a hat trick from left wing against Falkirk and definitely had an affect from there last night. 

Don't get me wrong I thought he done well at LM but I just don't see the point in playing players out of position, he is a striker we needed goals and I thought that was what was happening when holt went off, we would go for the two up top.

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I'm not really sure that the case. The performances have been really insipid and if thats the players "playing for their place" under Gerrard, then most could ship out now. I dont really see anything thats steadied the ship - they have put exactly the same team on the park that Murty would have and the team hasn't exactly reacted positively.

Dorrans said that the Gerrard announcement gave all the players a boost but it doesn’t look like it to me.

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Dorrans said that the Gerrard announcement gave all the players a boost but it doesn’t look like it to me.

It looks to have heaped more pressure on a group of players that  - by and large -  dont respond well to pressure, with predictable performances on the park. Our squad are too easily cowed and the gerrard appointment looks to have added to that.