Bears r us

Jack Marriott (Peterborough)

Do not see this posted so far:

18:11

MARRIOTT INTERESTS Rangers

Rangers, Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest have shown an interest in signing Peterborough forward Jack Marriott, according to Sky sources.

The 23-year-old enjoyed a sensational debut season with the Sky Bet League One side after joining from Luton last summer, scoring 33 times in all competitions.

Marriott, who has three years remaining on his current contract, told Sky Sports News last month of his ambition to play at a higher level. 

"I just want to do what's best for myself and my family. I want to play at the highest level I can,” he said.

"I am motivated enough and hardworking enough to know that I can get there, whether it will be this summer… who knows? I just want to keep working hard and see where that takes me."

• Like 1

I see his work has been in the 1st div, so probably another that is not good enough.  

Impressive goal return, probably worth a punt depending on the price

The filth want him too apparently

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

Impressive goal return, probably worth a punt depending on the price

The filth want him too apparently

The Scotsman are just assuming it's celtic because Evans said a Scottish club were interested.

• Like 1

Just now, TheKingObv said:

The Scotsman are just assuming it's celtic because Evans said a Scottish club were interested.

Ah, just seen the headline never read the article

Can't help thinking about when we took a punt on Clark. Probably worth a punt but wont be of the required standard

Just now, KingKirk said:

Can't help thinking about when we took a punt on Clark. Probably worth a punt but wont be of the required standard

Aye because league one in England and Scotland are comparable...

4 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

The point was it is nothing more than a punt. Doubt he'll be good enough

My local club Peterborough although can't say I go along to many games. Decent return but we all know about these Lower league signings struggling to cope at Rangers. 

Might have to go along and do a scout report lads...

21 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

I think we have started to see that the english leagues arent all they are cracked out to be... players coming up here and failing then smashing the goals in when they go back. I know its not that simple, but its definitely partly because these leagues arent great.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I think we have started to see that the english leagues arent all they are cracked out to be... players coming up here and failing then smashing the goals in when they go back. I know its not that simple, but its definitely partly because these leagues arent great.

Who have we signed that was doing well in England?

Almost all our signings couldn't get a proper game. And the ones that could were playing in the conference with Accrington.

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Who have we signed that was doing well in England?

Almost all our signings couldn't get a proper game. And the ones that could were playing in the conference with Accrington.

Waghorn is doing well now after being shite in the top tier in Scotland... I believe he was player of the season for Ipswich.

• Like 1

I've always believed a goal scorer is a goal scorer.

I know Nicky Clark was pish but this guy could be the next Gary Hooper (as in the impact he had in Scotland for celtic coming from that level)

It depends on price though. I wouldn't be spending silly money on him. We need to be very shrewd in this summers window.

• Like 2

despite our relative failure with this level of footballer, we cant afford to just write them off. Some will be worth the gamble and some not - but you only need one to come good and you are quids in

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've always believed a goal scorer is a goal scorer.

I know Nicky Clark was pish but this guy could be the next Gary Hooper (as in the impact he had in Scotland for celtic coming from that level)

It depends on price though. I wouldn't be spending silly money on him. We need to be very shrewd in this summers window.

Yeah. But some people seem to think that if you are a relative success in League 1/Championship in England then you will run riot up here. Its just not the case as I think L1 and to an extent the Championship are overrated by many people.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Yeah. But some people seem to think that if you are a relative success in League 1/Championship in England then you will run riot up here. Its just not the case as I think L1 and to an extent the Championship are overrated by many people.

I know. All the Championship type players that Warburton brought in are either still haunting me or draining us to this day - one or both.

• Like 1

Joe Garner scored 25 goals in League One too

no thanks. 

51 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Joe Garner scored 25 goals in League One too

no thanks. 

Joe Garner would have scored more up here if used properly.

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

Joe Garner would have scored more up here if used properly.

Being used properly at Ipswich mate and he’s got 8 in 23 games. 

Never a goal scorer and never good enough to play for us. Another waste of the little money we’ve had available to spend over the past few years

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Being used properly at Ipswich mate and he’s got 8 in 23 games. 

Never a goal scorer and never good enough to play for us. Another waste of the little money we’ve had available to spend over the past few years

Had a 1 in 3 ratio at us as well yet we never played to his strengths at all. 

Didn’t Joey garner score loads goals in that league?

not for me I’m afraid 

It's unfair to compare anyone from that level automatically to Windass and Garner,  Alli was playing in that league, it would be stupid to dismiss a league we can still poach some decent players from because a couple have been wasters.

Do your research and you should easily be able to spot rats like Windass/Forrester a mile off

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

It's unfair to compare anyone from that level automatically to Windass and Garner,  Alli was playing in that league, it would be stupid to dismiss a league we can still poach some decent players from because a couple have been wasters.

Do your research and you should easily be able to spot rats like Windass/Forrester a mile off

It’s mental - the guy has to be judged on who he is is, his ability, his character, potential etc.  Not what Garner, Waghorn, Hooper or Vardy have done since leaving lower leagues. 

Just don’t get that thought process. Garner shit, Marriott shit. 

• Like 4