Bears r us

Jack Marriott (Peterborough)

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

I really do hope Gerrard doesn’t have the Warburton attitude that League one players and journeymen can win the league here. Players at that level 8/10 aren’t going to cut it here and we just can’t afford to take anymore chances

We've already taken a chance by putting Gerrard in charge.  We are taking chances and will continue to take chances as nothing brings guaranteed success - especially with our budgets.

My biggest concern is that Gerrard doesn't appreciate the physical or fast paced nature of Scottish football.  Our last few managers have underestimated it and we've been bullied and battered as a result. 

Also, I don't think attackers are our main problem.  We've scored almost as many league goals as celtic despite how shite we've been overall.  It's all about the midfield and defence we need guys with the physicality, competitive attitude, and quality to take us up a few levels in those areas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Is it not Peterborough that have the daft Irish chairman that always demands stupid money for their players?

Darragh McAnthony is the dafty. He does seem to get decent money for his players when they move. I think a few clubs are interested in Marriott so he will go for a decent fee.

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

Darragh McAnthony is the dafty. He does seem to get decent money for his players when they move. I think a few clubs are interested in Marriott so he will go for a decent fee.

That's the one. If he's scored that amount of goals for them this season then I'd say that puts him well out of our price range as far as McAnthony's valuations go.

Incredible player and the type we should be pushing the boat out for. His value will rocket in the next few years.

Obligatory YouTube video 

Whenever we get linked with players like this I have concerns about the weight of the shirt but also that they play against teams that leave space in behind. We come up against a parked bus every week. Encouragingly he seems to sniff goals out in crowded boxes a few times.

13 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Joe Garner scored 25 goals in League One too

no thanks. 

That's where your scouting & data guys come in though, looking at playing styles, whether he would suit us etc. You can't just write a guy off because we signed a totally different player from the same division. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

That's where your scouting & data guys come in though, looking at playing styles, whether he would suit us etc. You can't just write a guy off because we signed a totally different player from the same division. 

Don’t be stupid, they’re the exact same players.

46398E08-9BBF-4697-B46E-6E201E671680.gif.c14de3681078d851c09cdc139bd00971.gif

• Like 1

14 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I've always believed a goal scorer is a goal scorer.

I know Nicky Clark was pish but this guy could be the next Gary Hooper (as in the impact he had in Scotland for celtic coming from that level)

It depends on price though. I wouldn't be spending silly money on him. We need to be very shrewd in this summers window.

Came in to say almost the same thing. Our problem hasn’t been that we’ve signed players from the Championship, League 1/2 etc, it’s that we’ve signed the wrong players from the Championship & League 1/2. Cast offs and guys like Joe Garner.

The yahoos did their homework and paid £2.4m for Gary Hooper, and got a 1 in 2 goalscorer. There’s no reason we can’t find players who’ll do the same. We just need our scouting team to do the research and the board to spend the cash if/when it’s appropriate. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Came in to say almost the same thing. Our problem hasn’t been that we’ve signed players from the Championship, League 1/2 etc, it’s that we’ve signed the wrong players from the Championship & League 1/2. Cast offs and guys like Joe Garner.

The yahoos did their homework and paid £2.4m for Gary Hooper, and got a 1 in 2 goalscorer. There’s no reason we can’t find players who’ll do the same. We just need our scouting team to do the research and the board to spend the cash if/when it’s appropriate. 

If we signed a Gary hooper type he'd be struggling to play the lone striker role right now, labelled as shite, and sent packing during the summer.  

Joe Garner was a bizarre signing. 

Didn’t even almost fit our style of play.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

If he had been a good player you could understand it. But he wasn’t. He was fucking toilet. 

• Like 1

If 33 in 56 was all I had to go on then I'd say I was interested. But looking at his stats he had 2 pretty average/poor seasons for a striker in League 2 the two seasons before that leading me to think maybe he's just had a good season. 

• Like 1

Mental that Warburton's two biggest outlays were him and MOH, two players who never in a million years would work in a system that he wanted to play.

• Like 3

Wouldn’t be opposed to signing him but not as a starter and not for a big transfer fee and wages. 

3 hours ago, kris1984 said:

Obligatory YouTube video 

Whenever we get linked with players like this I have concerns about the weight of the shirt but also that they play against teams that leave space in behind. We come up against a parked bus every week. Encouragingly he seems to sniff goals out in crowded boxes a few times.

Granted he would be a gamble but he is definitely a poacher....interestingly I reckon morelos would of missed the majority of those chances as a lot of them are the chances we tend to see him scuff 

No from me I would prefer a Dembele type player rather than this, hot propespect or proven from premiership. Not league 1

that being said it’s important that we strengthen behind the strikers to help provide decent chances

The comparison to Joe Garner is as lazy as the Souness/Gerrard one. A little better critical thinking required on here sometimes. 

5 hours ago, kris1984 said:

Obligatory YouTube video 

The quality of goalkeeping for some of those goals was terrible

4 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

No from me I would prefer a Dembele type player rather than this, hot propespect or proven from premiership. Not league 1

that being said it’s important that we strengthen behind the strikers to help provide decent chances

Proven Premiership strikers :lol: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Mongo

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kris1984 said:

Obligatory YouTube video 

Scores 1v1s, headers, 100% chances... thats three things Alfredo doesnt do.

Proven Premiership strikers :lol: 

Aye... the proven Premier League strikers in the 1-2 million region :lol: