1 hour ago, Broxi said:

around 3 I think, and there was a rumour going around that the clause was still in there for some ridiculous reason but I really hope it's not

yes

Why ? I hope it is there as we realistically won’t get over 3 fir him but cash rich Cardiff should pay that. 

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

1.5m is a decent starter. That won't be the final offer i would imagine,  and they will also know that he is inconsistent. When the lad is on form, he is a really good talent. 

If we look at around 2.5m will anybody be too upset? Good return on a player that cost 200k

5M and we can start talking as a starter .

Remember this is now a Premier League club . You just have to look at how much armstrong has just gone for and he's been pretty shite this season . I honestly think Windass will be a big player for us this season , we've seen glimpses of it already and going by reports from Spain , he seems to be quite well thought of .

No fucking way, if the tims can get £6 m for part time player Armstrong we can get much more than £1.5m

• Like 1

£1.5m fuck off. If we sell it should be no less than £5m with add ons

I'd take chocolate buttons .Just to get rid of the honking loser 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

No chance at 1.5-million. Not against selling him but as others have said, he was directly involved in a lot of goals last season. Inconsistent sure, but he's talented.

3 or 4-million I'd take provided we reinvest every penny on a top striker and top creative midfielder.

especially if its a prem lg side, cheeky bastards with the money down there.  they're at it. 

Hell not be leaving. 

Hes a thick cunt but he'll not be thick enough to leave us when Gerrard has just arrived 

• Like 2

£6 million minimum if Prem clubs are looking at him. We don’t need to sell him, have nobody who will obviously replace him, and can’t undersell our players.

Maddison who had half a good season in the championship went for £25million! We must be the only club in the world who sit next to a vastly richer league, and don’t inflate our players pricing accordingly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

No fucking way, if the tims can get £6 m for part time player Armstrong we can get much more than £1.5m

Every one you refresh the papers that bid gets smaller. Started at £7m now it’s down to £4 in the papers. 

They as always have no clue and are over hyping him 

4.5m and I'd let him go. And a sell on clause. Fantastic return on a development fee player, enough funds to realistically buy a good striker and a good CAM to fill in the void he leaves. Wouldn't sell him for a penny less.

10 hours ago, The Godfather said:

If the tims are getting 7 odd million for Armstrong then we can get at least 5 for Windass.

This. As far as seasons go, last year Armstrong was effectively a passenger looking at the stats whereas Windass was a key player for us. Ok, he has his flaws, but in a better team with better players around him and a better manager, we have yet to see how this impacts his game. 

Hopefully gone are the days of idiots accepting pennys for our players. Cardiff will be rolling in it and if they want him they will need to pay. I'd say no less than £5m and the argument is pretty clear why.

35 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

This. As far as seasons go, last year Armstrong was effectively a passenger looking at the stats whereas Windass was a key player for us. Ok, he has his flaws, but in a better team with better players around him and a better manager, we have yet to see how this impacts his game. 

Hopefully gone are the days of idiots accepting pennys for our players. Cardiff will be rolling in it and if they want him they will need to pay. I'd say no less than £5m and the argument is pretty clear why.

Armstrong was one of the rhodents best players season before last . A season where they were streets ahead of any form last season .Winning their first treble and going on their undefeated run. He was injured last season

Windass is no where near a better player than Armstrong . He has won nothing and shown next to nothing .

Get rid or it's going to cost us in big games in future

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Armstrong was one of the rhodents best players season before last . A season where they were streets ahead of any form last season .Winning their first treble and going on their undefeated run. He was injured last season

Windass is no where near a better player than Armstrong . He has won nothing and shown next to nothing .

The biggest problem with Windass is attitude.

When he can be arsed, he is very effective. If Gerrard can get 70 or 80 minutes of effort out of him (instead of the 5/10 we get normally) then I’d keep him because a fully fit, motivated and, above all, hard working Windass would cost a lot to replace. 

Like someone said earlier, I wonder if Gerrard sees him as a through-the-middle forward playing off a big front man like the guy from Roma.

If we have any serious interest in Barker and the likes then there's no chance we should be selling Windass

Nobody we are linked with comes close to the goals and assists he got last season

I don't like him too much but no risky 19 year old loan or average signing will do anything close to what he did last season outside of his dire performances

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

£6 million minimum if Prem clubs are looking at him. We don’t need to sell him, have nobody who will obviously replace him, and can’t undersell our players.

Maddison who had half a good season in the championship went for £25million! We must be the only club in the world who sit next to a vastly richer league, and don’t inflate our players pricing accordingly.

And whose fans seem willing to accept any price, it’s fucking stupidity.

They think they’re making some kind of point by saying they’ll let him go for nothing, short sighted madness. 

• Like 1

I thought Windass had a £3.5m release clause. 

52 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The biggest problem with Windass is attitude.

When he can be arsed, he is very effective. If Gerrard can get 70 or 80 minutes of effort out of him (instead of the 5/10 we get normally) then I’d keep him because a fully fit, motivated and, above all, hard working Windass would cost a lot to replace. 

Like someone said earlier, I wonder if Gerrard sees him as a through-the-middle forward playing off a big front man like the guy from Roma.

I disagree mate on this one . I would not be taking a chance on Windass . He is not a good enough example to the other players around him .

He doesn't work hard enough at other aspects of his game . He thinks he is brilliant in his head but has won nothing to back it up  .

I as many other bears on here will never warm to him

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

So Armstrong is better because he has won trophies? 

Armstrong is massively overrated. So much injured he made 27 league appearances? He was crap last year and had a purple patch the year before in a side that had it easy, same with Forrest last season.

Windass had a fantastic return in a shit side last season that had 3 different managers, imagine his return playing with better players? 

42 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So Armstrong is better because he has won trophies? 

Armstrong is massively overrated. So much injured he made 27 league appearances? He was crap last year and had a purple patch the year before in a side that had it easy, same with Forrest last season.

Windass had a fantastic return in a shit side last season that had 3 different managers, imagine his return playing with better players? 

Or just imagine last season was windlass purple patch and the season of his life.  After all I doubt he will be afforded scoring almost half his goals against Fraserburgh, Ayr and Hamilton this season. 

Windlass, while he has ability is far too inconsistent and too much of a shitebag for where we aim to be.  Unfortunately as I've said before too many fans have accepted very average players as being great and the lovers of windlass, taverner and foderingham prove that. 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I disagree mate on this one . I would not be taking a chance on Windass . He is not a good enough example to the other players around him .

He doesn't work hard enough at other aspects of his game . He thinks he is brilliant in his head but has won nothing to back it up  .

I as many other bears on here will never warm to him

The talent is there IMO,

SG must either be blinkered about him or be confident he can get more out of him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The talent is there IMO,

SG must either be blinkered about him or be confident he can get more out of him. 

If Gerrard is pinning his hopes on windlass and expecting top performances most games he is as well resigning just now.  

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

If Gerrard is pinning his hopes on windlass and expecting top performances most games he is as well resigning just now.  

18 goals and 8 assists last season in a crap sqaud.

I don't like his attitude when he thinks he can turn up for 10-20 mins and coast the rest of the game. Pedro and murty let him away with it. 

I don't see Gerrard doing the same. If windass tries it he'll get a reality check.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

18 goals and 8 assists last season in a crap sqaud.

I don't like his attitude when he thinks he can turn up for 10-20 mins and coast the rest of the game. Pedro and murty let him away with it. 

I don't see Gerrard doing the same. If windass tries it he'll get a reality check.

Windlass is one of those players that will only ever play well for 10 mins a game at most.  However in my eyes he is one of the main culprits and biggest failures over the last few years.  Massive part and one of the mainstays in all of our worst results and performances over the last few years. The sooner we are rid of guys like him, tavernier etc the better.  He's had his chance and proved most of the time he isn't interested in playing a full game.