Rangers No.7

OhW

6 hours ago, OhW said:

With the bombshell dropping tonight that Dalcio is leaving, it made me think about our number 7 jersey. Has this always been a tradionally unlucky shirt number for us? I can't really think of any player making it their own here. Are there any famous Rangers No. 7s? Closest I can think of is Kanchelskis. Apologies f'm missing someone blatant.

In recent years none of the numbers have been very lucky to Rangers.

generally our No 2's have been shit! ??

8 hours ago, gsa said:

Like most other players in the 1 - 11 days before squad numbers he had to made do with all sorts of numbers. Gazza was guaranteed 8,  Laudrup 11, Mccoist 9, Hately 10, Gough 4 but outside of that most players wore different shirts depending on their position and who else was playing. I can remember Ferguson and Durrant being 9 at times and McCall wearing pretty much every number going.  

Aye, sure I can remember ferguson and McCall being number 2 on occasion.

30 minutes ago, SheriffHood said:

Did Robert Prytz  wear number 7?

I thought Prytz wore 6 and Bobby Russell wore 7 the season I started going to games regularly (81/82) but I can't find any record of it.

Edit: that actually woukd have been 82/83. 81/82 would have been more likely Redford and Russell at 6 and 7.

11 hours ago, DBBTB said:

The Dalcio

Joe Garner

Nicky Law

Dean Shiels

Kyle Hutton

Nicky Clark

Arnold Parelta

You have to feel for some of our younger fans and the shit they’ve had to suffer through don’t you?

At least if you are sort of 28/29 plus you’ve got memories of real top quality players, games and moments to look back on and not that rag tag group of dross.

Definitely an unlucky shirt for that lot.  

26 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

I thought Prytz wore 6 and Bobby Russell wore 7 the season I started going to games regularly (81/82) but I can't find any record of it.

Edit: that actually woukd have been 82/83. 81/82 would have been more likely Redford and Russell at 6 and 7.

What a player Russell was