graeme_4

Jermaine Defoe (Bournemouth)

As a back up and on very low wages and 1 yr contract maybe but that's not going to happen. He is tho' a player who looks after himself and has got a good attitude.

No chance he would come for what we consider very low wages, or to sit as back up 

I wish we'd stop with players coming to the end of their career, or even players from the English leagues in general

We'll have to be really fortunate to find players for a fee we can afford that haven't already been taken by top clubs down there.

We should search for the best from the more obscure leagues in Europe, or even 2nd tiers in Spain and Germany etc., Bundesliga 2 is a higher standard than the Spfl, and players on a similar wage to what we could offer.

I know a lot don't rate Morelos after big misses etc., but he is probably our most valuable player, and we got him from Finland. 

It's a worry the names I've seen linked so far, it feels like the past two years with Barton, Kranjcar and Alves being our marquee signings. 

One of the best finishers in Premier League history. No thanks though.

Going down the last pay day route for guys that used to be decent is exactly the path we do not want to tread, we should be wearing asbestos gloves the amount of times we have had our fingers burned by Defoealikes.

• Like 1

I swear if we were linked with Messi there would be some 'naws' on here. 

Defoe would rip the arse out of this league and score goals for fun. It'll never happen but it would be brilliant. 

• Like 1

I'm going to say this n even though am out my but, I was so far off the mark in my opinion of that guy say 10 years ago, had him downs as your typical arrogent mad shagging fitbaw player. Miles off.

The guy is an absolute credit to  himself, and I'm happy to stand corrected. Heart of fucking gold 

At 35 still good enough to score in our league. Would still be too expensive for us I'm afraid.

8 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Defoe would rip the arse out of this league and score goals for fun. It'll never happen but it would be brilliant. 

Messi is too wee to play in scotland.

Would look bang average and end up on loan at queen of the south 😎

21 hours ago, Polo said:

He’s never played for Leicester :lol: 

Portsmouth maybe? 😂

8 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

No there wouldn’t don’t be daft 

that type of hyperbole is worse than anything else 

He's a goal grabber , and even at 35 would score at least 20 a season up here.   Would be a great signing especially if he was coming off the bench and you needed a goal.

Defoe and Crouch had a striking partnership at a few clubs plus internationals, last pay day for the pair? ( in jest)

We need to spend the bulk of our budget on players we can build a team around for the next few years. Definitely more pressing matters than signing someone like Defoe unless he was taking a MASSIVE pay cut. No point signing someone like this unless we can control games and keep constant pressure on our opponents by creating chances. 

If we could get Defoe I’d still bite your hand off for him, he’s a consummate pro and looks after himself well unlike some of the washed up dross we’ve had in recent times.

I still can’t believe Defoe was consistently overlooked by top clubs and England over his career, absolutely class player especially in the big games

Would go on a 2 week bender if this happened but I doubt it will 

On 11/05/2018 at 23:09, Smile said:

I read either here or FF a poster suggesting we could get Emre Can.:duh:

It was here. I'm sure it was Sweetheart mentioning it alongside her suggestion that Liverpool could re-sign a bunch of players that haven't played for them in years just so they could loan them to us.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2018 at 22:09, Smile said:

I read either here or FF a poster suggesting we could get Emre Can.:duh:

😂😂 best yet by a long way 😂😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It was here. I'm sure it was Sweetheart mentioning it alongside her suggestion that Liverpool could re-sign a bunch of players that haven't played for them in years just so they could loan them to us.

Ha ha ha absolute mentalist 😂

• Like 1

Even sturridge is 7-1 to join lol 

Once scored 5 goals in a  game for me in my fantasy league team. 

If its a loan deal with Bournemouth paying the chunk of his wages its a no brainer, frees up cash for other more important areas while we get a right good striker in

Quality player. Scored over 170 goals in 530 Premier League appearances but only has a League Cup medal to show for it. Money has ruined football. 

Had a purple patch a couple years back but the goals seem to have dried up have they not ?