graeme_4

Jermaine Defoe (Bournemouth)

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I cant see us signing 3 forwards on loan Sadiq is all but done. So 'id rather solanke than defoe

If we are gonna sign 3 then ings would be before defoe also

Solanke has scored once in 21 games for Liverpool. He hasn't developed since he was at Chelsea, not well thought of by a lot of Liverpool fans. Don't think he is any better than Sadiq and not close to bringing what Defoe would.

15 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Solanke has scored once in 21 games for Liverpool. He hasn't developed since he was at Chelsea, not well thought of by a lot of Liverpool fans. Don't think he is any better than Sadiq and not close to bringing what Defoe would.

Solanke would cake walk it up here mate dont kid yourself 

2 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

Don’t see how his age matters. It’s a season long loan, we’re only interested in how he plays for one season.

Thats true but i fear his body would breakdown at his age didn't he have a number of injuries last term 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Solanke would cake walk it up here mate dont kid yourself 

Where did I say he wouldn't, but he's at the same level as Sadiq and several below Defoe with what he would offer on loan. Should have been further on than he is, a bit part player at Liverpool and dropping down the pecking order 

3 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Because he's got the touch of a donkey and manoeuvres like a giraffe. 

Have you seen him play much? 

If he was to stay fit, he'd be the top goal scorer in the league.Proven finisher at a higher level. Finishing is one thing you don't lose with age, as Boyd showed last season

• Like 1

Could it be back on?  Midday rumour on the transfer section of BBC.

Bournemouth's Jermain Defoe is adamant that he is no longer interested in deadline-day dashes after being linked to Steven Gerrard's Rangers, saying he has "been there and done that".

He has, to be fair. The striker beat the deadline by minutes to join Tottenham from West Ham in 2004, and then secured a late move away from the Lane to sign for Portsmouth four years later.

When asked about the Rangers rumour, Defoe said: "I'm just like everyone else, you see things on Twitter and in the papers, but that's it really."

Bournemouth striker Defoe went on to say that he remains focused on the job at hand at the Vitality.

"I've played with Steven Gerrard and we've got the same agent.

"But I always try to focus on the club you're at. You've got a job to do, you're here, you're happy, and that's it.”

The 36-year old, who has two years left on his Bournemouth contract, also hinted that he'd like to play on until he's 40...

Would take him in a heartbeat but cant see it happening.

3 minutes ago, Graham Roberts iPhone said:

Bournemouth's Jermain Defoe is adamant that he is no longer interested in deadline-day dashes after being linked to Steven Gerrard's Rangers, saying he has "been there and done that".

He has, to be fair. The striker beat the deadline by minutes to join Tottenham from West Ham in 2004, and then secured a late move away from the Lane to sign for Portsmouth four years later.

When asked about the Rangers rumour, Defoe said: "I'm just like everyone else, you see things on Twitter and in the papers, but that's it really."

Bournemouth striker Defoe went on to say that he remains focused on the job at hand at the Vitality.

"But I always try to focus on the club you're at. You've got a job to do, you're here, you're happy, and that's it.”

The 36-year old, who has two years left on his Bournemouth contract, also hinted that he'd like to play on until he's 40...

Sounds more like he's denying there's anything in it. Putting the link down to the fact they have the same agent.

Yeah - clearly no substance in it (yet) based on that. Didn't think it was likely to happen and, if we haven't even made an informal enquiry yet, that's likely put it to bed. 

1 hour ago, Graham Roberts iPhone said:

If pushed then I'd lock the thread off the back of that, not consider it back on.

• Like 3

I was listening to the interview on Talksport earlier where this has been taken from, it was a nothing comment at the end of the interview when Jim white said to him what about the rumours were hearing off Rangers and Gerrard being interested in you and all he said was they had the same agent so that’s probably where that link came from.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Papers making up stories from absolutely nothing.  The only reason they spoke about Gerrard (and Lampard) is because he mentioned doing his coaching badges.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GOAT said:

I was listening to the interview on Talksport earlier where this has been taken from, it was a nothing comment at the end of the interview when Jim white said to him what about the rumours were hearing off Rangers and Gerrard being interested in you and all he said was they had the same agent so that’s probably where that link came from.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Papers making up stories from absolutely nothing.  The only reason they spoke about Gerrard (and Lampard) is because he mentioned doing his coaching badges.

was just going to post the same thing mate

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

If pushed then I'd lock the thread off the back of that, not consider it back on.

:tu:  agreed.  He basically says he isn't coming.