Next Season's Captain ? (f.a.o. Mr S. Gerrard)

tannerall

Wallace unlikely in my opinion, has had problems playing and with the discipline this year. Jack has not proven himself. Alves should have had the character for it, but will be gone. Tav not a strong enough character, and Miller should be gone. Can't see any other with the leadership quality or experience amongst current squad.

I think our new manager will bring in his own captain. probably an already established, solid, respected and successful player already.

I'm sure Mr Gerrard will be reading this so your opinion matters, after all we are the best informed football forum on the internet without which many high rated Sottish football journalists would have no copy (sic).................

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Big burden on young shoulders but could be a good shout later on with a more professional approach, a more solid team with confidence,  and a few better players around him.

Was the only one that stood up at pittrodie the other night. 

Also worked for Barry Ferguson.

15 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Wallace unlikely in my opinion, has had problems playing and with the discipline this year. Jack has not proven himself. Alves should have had the character for it, but will be gone. Tav not a strong enough character, and Miller should be gone. Can't see any other with the leadership quality or experience amongst current squad.

I think our new manager will bring in his own captain. probably an already established, solid, respected and successful player already.

I'm sure Mr Gerrard will be reading this so your opinion matters, after all we are the best informed football forum on the internet without which many high rated Sottish football journalists would have no copy (sic).................

I agree with you , I think he'll need to bring someone in that's respected and is not only a leader but has the aura of one . We need someone like that to galvanise the squad the same way Butcher did when he came . It's the only way I see it working .

If and it is a big IF, but if Alves can get fit he may have a fresh outlook under Gerrard and then he is the obvious choice for captaincy. If not him, then the choices are limited but it is not McCrorie. Far too young and doesn't need the pressure.

I would imagine it would be mcgregor if he signs again.

McCrorie is to young and inexperienced for me and Tav would struggle to get the lads motivated for a night out by the looks of it. Wallace is done and Alves will probably be away.

A Nigel Spackman type of player for me. 

No need for The Captain to be an all rounder ie ball player, hard man, fans favourite just someone who can translate what the coaches want done on the park onto the team.  

A thinking mans player if you like. 

We so badly need someone with intelligence, experience & a level of gamesmanship that will spur us on.