Next Season's Captain ? (f.a.o. Mr S. Gerrard)

tannerall

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

It all depends on whether Rangers can land him. He was captain of the England team.

Last England captain to play in a major competition finals and last England player to score in a major competition finals.

:pipe:

We’ve all had too much sun average RM and online line up fo  next season is pretty much 

Mcgregor

tav.        Mascherano.  Skrtel.      John

McCrorie   

arfield                              Murphy

Rooney

Sturridge.      Torres 

Not feeling optimistic! 

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not a fan of signing someone and making them captain straight away

I agree . On this occasion . I think I will buy into it

A squad of complete pussies and there is no way anyone should be captain . For different reasons

The new captain has not signed yet, when Souness took over he signed big Terry for the job and I expect Gerrard to sign a player near the end of his career who has been there seen it done it and commmands respect in the dressing room and is up here to land Stevie G the title. 

McCrorie will be our captain one day........tall, fast, strong, athletic, can tackle and actually looks like he gives a fuck. 

Only player in our current squad I'd consider.......except maybe Ryan Jack........if he can stop getting himself sent off. 

Won't be surprised if our next captain is someone Steven Gerrard brings in though.

12 hours ago, tannerall said:

Big burden on young shoulders but could be a good shout later on with a more professional approach, a more solid team with confidence,  and a few better players around him.

I very much doubt if Ross McCrorie will be given the armband, due to his age and inexperience. Steven Gerrard was vice-captain of Liverpool when he was 22 years old and made permanent skipper at 23 yrs old; yet by his own admission felt he was far too young for the job when leading a team packed with experienced professionals.

I think he will either give it to a new signing or Graham Dorrans from the current squad.

5 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I very much doubt if Ross McCrorie will be given the armband, due to his age and inexperience. Steven Gerrard was vice-captain of Liverpool when he was 22 years old and made permanent skipper at 23 yrs old; yet by his own admission felt he was far too young for the job when leading a team packed with experienced professionals.

I think he will either give it to a new signing or Graham Dorrans from the current squad.

I hear you Oz and agree to a point but Dorrans cant even look after himself never mind the rest of the team.