David Bates

24 minutes ago, dande101 said:

Wonder if he is now regretting joining Hamburg after they were relegated yesterday.

Probably still on a par the the Scottish premiership anyway.

In the end money matters and they were willing to pay him far more than what I would want us to be paying for a player who most likely would've been a backup next season. He moves on and so do we, no regrets.

Just now, shaka said:

In the end money matters and they were willing to pay him far more than what I would want us to be paying for a player who most likely would've been a backup next season. He moves on and so do we, no regrets.

At the moment he’s probably the first name on the team sheet, if we’re honest. Letting him go was an awful decision.

15 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

At the moment he’s probably the first name on the team sheet, if we’re honest. Letting him go was an awful decision.

But if we want to improve next season would you be happy if he was first choice?  I want 2 better quality CBs than him in the team so we can really challenge for the title.

1 minute ago, shaka said:

But if we want to improve next season would you be happy if he was first choice?  I want 2 better quality CBs than him in the team so we can really challenge for the title.

Ideally yes, but inevitably our back ups will still have a big part to play. I’d rather keep our better players for back up than our worst ones.

6 minutes ago, shaka said:

This all day long.

15 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Ideally yes, but inevitably our back ups will still have a big part to play. I’d rather keep our better players for back up than our worst ones.

I just think he was wanting (and to his credit getting at Hamburg) a far bigger wage than what I would be comfortable paying a backup player.  We need improvements around the pitch and can't afford to be paying backup players that kind of money.  Save the money for first choice players and find cheaper alternatives as backup.  There's so many talented players available for free or potential loans for next season.