Tav

Lloyd

Just now, DBBTB said:

Who? If we can find a capable replacement for Tav then I’m all for it but it’s not that easy to find a fullback who is a solid defender these days. The majority of them are looked at as another attacking outlet now and the ones are solid defensively tend to be converted centre backs which makes them limited too.

Yep, I agree with what you are saying but we need to find someone who is better. We have lost a lot of goals from his position on the field, he has no positional discipline and several times he popped up in the left wing position during the Hibs game. Maybe it is just me; I dont think he is a good right back and is posted missing to often. We need defenders who can defend and Tav can't. 

7 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Yep, I agree with what you are saying but we need to find someone who is better. We have lost a lot of goals from his position on the field, he has no positional discipline and several times he popped up in the left wing position during the Hibs game. Maybe it is just me; I dont think he is a good right back and is posted missing to often. We need defenders who can defend and Tav can't. 

I’d keep him because I think we should be looking to play a 3-5-2 next season anyway because that would address a lot of our issues.

It lets us plays to Tav & John’s attacking strengths, it stops us from being outnumbered in the middle of the park and it allows us to play two upfront too.

I do like Tav, but his dominant role is defence and he - just like a lot of his mates - is poor at defending.

I really do think he would be good in midfield and do not understand why he has not been moulded into that kind of role, it's almost like it's due to hope that he will become a better defender - then we would have a smashing fullback. But it's not happening.

We really do seem to fuck things up in a complete fashion at our club don't we? Even when we're trying to beat teams which are clearly stronger than us we don't even give ourselves a fighting chance by playing to our strengths. 

It's quite pathetic, and I'm glad this season is over. It's been utter dog shit.