Tav

Lloyd

Offered just as much going forward this season as James Forrest (who was nominated for POTY):

Capture.thumb.PNG.ff7229e16ef583ec1931f0ffd0dc8db5.PNG

Tavernier is the best attacking full0back in the league which is why EPL clubs are interested in him.  Our defense has been poor this season but all the blame doesn't rest with James Tavernier.  I've stated previously, when Tierney goes forward for celtic they go with a back three and have a capable CDM in Brown covering for him.  Tavernier is a huge asset for us and the best RB we've had since Hutton a decade ago.  

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

1. His ability to score goals.

2. His ability to create goals.

3. His ability at set-pieces.

4. We would struggle to find a better full-back in our price range.

straws clutching and you know it

Strike that .It's you ,so I'm sure you are just being yourself

If you think he is a good right back . You deserve every bit of misery this season and last 5/6 years  watching Rangers

Just now, eejay the dj said:

straws clutching and you know it

Strike that , it's you so I'm sure you are just being yourself

I've given you 4 solid reasons.  That's not straw clutching that's providing you with a reasonable response.  The stats speak for themselves: He scores, he creates, he's a danger at set-pieces, and we would certainly struggle to find better with a limited budget.  I'd go one further and suggest if he's been handed the captains armband with such regularity he's having a positive impact on the dressing room.  

I like Tavernier, I really do. He’s the best RB in the league by a distance. But.

His mentality, I believe is too far gone. The remaining players that Warburton brought in all sum up the mediocre mentality we are dangerously slipping towards. Unless that changes like instantly he has to go really. 

There’s about 10 infront I’d get rid of but someone needs to get inside his head

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

I've given you 4 solid reasons.  That's not straw clutching that's providing you with a reasonable response.  The stats speak for themselves: He scores, he creates, he's a danger at set-pieces, and we would certainly struggle to find better with a limited budget.  I'd go one further and suggest if he's been handed the captains armband with such regularity he's having a positive impact on the dressing room.  

He is powderpuff in a tackle

Can not stop crosses coming into the box and seems to have no desire to  stop them most of the time

He has played in all of our humiliations these last 5/6 years continually showing he can't defend

His crossing is shite most of the time . Yet you have a little to back up your statement for today as he looked the better in a barrel of shite

His set plays are abysmal . If you count the goals , maybe even give him the on targets . He misses the target 80% of the time

The guy is a loser . 100% and if we keep him next year . Nothing will change

Teams will still exploit him

Considering today feels like a loss to me . I know you are the sort that would be back slapping these players for the comeback

That is the problem with these players . They have continually failed us , yet to a man . They probably will be happy enough with todays work

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He is powderpuff in a tackle

Can not stop crosses coming into the box and seems to have no desire to  stop them most of the time

He has played in all of our humiliations these last 5/6 years continually showing he can't defend

His crossing is shite most of the time . Yet you have a little to back up your statement for today as he looked the better in a barrel of shite

His set plays are abysmal . If you count the goals , maybe even give him the on targets . He misses the target 80% of the time

The guy is a loser . 100% and if we keep him next year . Nothing will change

Teams will still exploit him

Considering today feels like a loss to me . I know you are the sort that would be back slapping these players for the comeback

That is the problem with these players . They have continually failed us , yet to a man . They probably will be happy enough with todays work

You ask for 4 or 5 reason and I provided them.  His crossing isn't "shite most of the time" he has a very good delivery for a full-back.  I remember us playing at Easter Road earlier on this season and he crossed a ball in for Morelos that wouldn't look out of place in a David Beckham highlight reel.  The number of goals and assists speak for themselves he's a real attacking threat.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

You ask for 4 or 5 reason and I provided them.  His crossing isn't "shite most of the time" he has a very good delivery for a full-back.  I remember us playing at Easter Road earlier on this season and he crossed a ball in for Morelos that wouldn't look out of place in a David Beckham highlight reel.  The number of goals and assists speak for themselves he's a real attacking threat.

You gave your reasons . I gave you mine . Considering I think you usually talk a lot of shite

I'm surprised I replied to you . Keep sticking that head in the sand and backing losers :justno:

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You gave your reasons . I gave you mine . Considering I think you usually talk a lot of shite

I'm surprised I replied to you . Keep sticking that head in the sand and backing losers :justno:

You challenged someone to provide four of five reasons to keep Tavernier and I did.  It's not my fault if you don't like that.  

BTW, here's the cross earlier on in the season at Easter Road.  As I said, the quality of the cross was like Beckham.  He put in a similar ball at Parkhead during December too, but again, Morleos missed it.  If we had a striker that could head the ball Tavernier would be leading the league in assists.

true.gif

1 minute ago, TMB said:

You challenged someone to provide four of five reasons to keep Tavernier and I did.  It's not my fault if you don't like that.  

BTW, here's the cross earlier on in the season at Easter Road.  As I said, the quality of the cross was like Beckham.  He put in a similar ball at Parkhead during December too, but again, Morleos missed it.  If we had a striker that could head the ball Tavernier would be leading the league in assists.

true.gif

That's is it . Done deal . Give him a 5 year extension

Maybe you are having one too many extensions over our Tav young man

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

That's is it . Done deal . Give him a 5 year extension

Maybe you are having one too many extensions over our Tav young man

Tavernier's cross that put it on a plate for Morelos at the Piggery:

true2.thumb.gif.2565e5caa235b8e883746d21b97fdb84.gif

Just now, TMB said:

Tavernier's cross that put it on a plate for Morelos at the Piggery:

true2.thumb.gif.2565e5caa235b8e883746d21b97fdb84.gif

It's fair to say in this position . If you kick the ball into the box . A fair few are going to drop on heads

You got video footage of the 1000 shanks that went either over the bar or into the stand ??

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

It's fair to say in this position . If you kick the ball into the box . A fair few are going to drop on heads

You got video footage of the 1000 shanks that went either over the bar or into the stand ??

"1000 shanks" :lol:  

46 minutes ago, TMB said:

Offered just as much going forward this season as James Forrest (who was nominated for POTY):

Capture.thumb.PNG.ff7229e16ef583ec1931f0ffd0dc8db5.PNG

Tavernier is the best attacking full0back in the league which is why EPL clubs are interested in him. 

More shite from you as always  . How the fuck do you know EPL sides are looking at him ?

44 minutes ago, TMB said:

You beat me to it but can’t say I disagree with that??

Would also say 

5. He’s not as bad a defender that some make out, he’s inconsistent that can be worked on an one of the main reasons I’d keep him out of a lot of others who are just not good enough an never will be

42 minutes ago, TMB said:

I agree with all of the above but for me his inability to defend outweighs all of those

Tav has cost us all season defensively, and has been suspect since he arrived. His positioning, tackling, and failure to cut out a cross ball are poor to say the least. Never a defender.

But by the same measure neither are Martin, Cardoso, Hodson, John, Bates, Alves etc.

He can be good going forward and puts in a great pass for a goal now and then but can we afford to carry him? We need four solid defenders at least (that can also be comfortable moving forward into space).

He is far from being my favourite but I'd give him a chance, but also if an offer of a few mil came I'd I'd take it gratefully.