Martin

MrMckee

On 13/05/2018 at 14:47, kanjo said:

What's worse is we sold Wilson to bring him here.  Wilson being sold was catalyst to at least one third of the goals we've conceded since the winter break and I stand by that.  Shockingly poor season in all.

What worries me is that DoF made that decision ? 

8 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Kiernan was better with the ball at his feet that martin

Kiernan was a converted midfielder by Warburton was he not that's why he had decent ball skill but was a poor defender.

On 5/13/2018 at 23:36, MrMckee said:

Worse than rob kiernan. The amount of goals he has cost us as an individual is staggering thank fuck he's only on loan.

Without going through the entire thread, I will state here and now that Russell Martin is one of the worst central defenders I have ever had the misfortune to watch in a Rangers shirt. I'm 70 years old and played virtually my entire life as a central/right midfielder and I would still to this day be a better central defender than that useless twat. How the fuck he managed to get selected to play for Scotland is beyond comprehension.

Now I have read over the past few days from several media sources that Gerrard is lining him up on a permanent contract for next season. Is some cunt taking the piss here? because if that's the case, we are fucked before we even begin the season.

7 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Without going through the entire thread, I will state here and now that Russell Martin is one of the worst central defenders I have ever had the misfortune to watch in a Rangers shirt. I'm 70 years old and played virtually my entire life as a central/right midfielder and I would still to this day be a better central defender than that useless twat. How the fuck he managed to get selected to play for Scotland is beyond comprehension.

Now I have read over the past few days from several media sources that Gerrard is lining him up on a permanent contract for next season. Is some cunt taking the piss here? because if that's the case, we are fucked before we even begin the season.

Totally agree Oz. I have not seen any outlets reporting he's going to be signed so hopefully it's just people on the wind up saying that. I don't believe based on his performances we are stupid enough to sign him as I have not come across one person that has rated him. 

On 14/05/2018 at 21:16, STEPPS BOY said:

Tomorrows Sun saying we’ve offered him a one year contract..

calling bullshit on this as we only generally offer 3 or 4 year contracts....the very odd 2

I stuck up for him when he first arrived as I didn't think he looked that bad first 5 or 6 games, but with hindsight that was probably with McCrorie sitting in front of him and Bates next to him. 

But the guys saying watch his pace get exposed in some games going forward were totally correct. 

I don't think he will still be here under Gerrard but I find it frustrating Mark Allen is saying no decision has made on him yet. I get the diplomacy but fuck the diplomacy - start clearing out the shite now. No looking back. 

10 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Totally agree Oz. I have not seen any outlets reporting he's going to be signed so hopefully it's just people on the wind up saying that. I don't believe based on his performances we are stupid enough to sign him as I have not come across one person that has rated him. 

It has been rumoured that we want him on a 1 year contract, so if that's the case it's either as a squad player or that we can't find a better central defender that we can currently afford. Martin makes Kiernan look like a  Hans-Georg Schwarzenbeck FFS. Martin is slow as a wet week, can't tackle properly, has no positional sense, and worst of all has no idea what's happening around him.

This is surely a wind-up, because our most pressing need is two central defenders who can defend properly.