Martin

MrMckee

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I stuck up for him when he first arrived as I didn't think he looked that bad first 5 or 6 games, but with hindsight that was probably with McCrorie sitting in front of him and Bates next to him. 

But the guys saying watch his pace get exposed in some games going forward were totally correct. 

I don't think he will still be here under Gerrard but I find it frustrating Mark Allen is saying no decision has made on him yet. I get the diplomacy but fuck the diplomacy - start clearing out the shite now. No looking back. 

He never played with McCrorie until the Tarriers a don’t think

2 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Expected a lot more.

How he has so many caps for Scotland is beyond me, truly awful defender.

Be glad to see the back of him and 100% no deal will be offered.

We need 3 high quality centre backs.

How he has ANY caps for any cunt is beyond me. The last central defender we had that was worse than Martin was Johnny Valentine who left me in tears at the 1957 League Cup Final against the scum. :hairout::headwall:

1 hour ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

If he gets a contract we know that Gerrard is here undercover to finish us off. 

I know he’s not a centre back but ffs he is still supposed to be a defender. Absolute dug shite.

If he gets a contract we know Allen is making the signings, not Gerrard. This is a point that completely gets ignored.

Generally in a structure with a DoF, the manager is more like a head coach and the DoF makes the decisions regarding signings and contracts. 

Arfield is case and point - big signing made before the manager signed on the dotted line. If Martin gets a deal the jury is fucking out.

Just now, Hutton2008 said:

If he gets a contract we know Allen is making the signings, not Gerrard. This is a point that completely gets ignored.

Generally in a structure with a DoF, the manager is more like a head coach and the DoF makes the decisions regarding signings and contracts. 

Arfield is case and point - big signing made before the manager signed on the dotted line. If Martin gets a deal the jury is fucking out.

gerrard has said he has final say.

Even as a squad player, from what we've seen of him (and he's been a mainstay of the side since arriving) that would be a mistake. A young, unproven player would be preferable as there's at least room for improvement with them.

Working on Martin & Alves leaving, and hopefully Cardoso too, I'll be disappointed if we don't have three new, solid CBs in by the start of the season, plus one 'for the future'.

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

gerrard has said he has final say.

We will see. If it doesn’t pan out we will problem have a conte situation where he makes it clear as far as his squad goes ghetto gets what he’s given and someone else makes the dodgy decisions. 

I view DoF role with suspicion