Europa League

G.E.C.

21 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Dreading Europe this year, unless SG makes big improvements to the team sharpish it could be as embarrassing as last year.

As much as I don’t rate the squad of the last year, I still see the Progres result as a real outlier. 100/1 shot.

Those players should have been good enough. I feel the type of character that Gerrard is and his professional experience means his preparation and communication before matches will be of much greater effect to us.

6 minutes ago, mus said:

What like Spain??

They were 6th placed in Spain. The Top 4 go straight into the Group stages of Champions League, cup winners and 5th placed straight into Group Stage of Europa League. Under the new system, I think it will be very unlikely we'll reach the group stage of the champions league or europa league any time soon.

7 minutes ago, bilko89 said:

They were 6th placed in Spain. The Top 4 go straight into the Group stages of Champions League, cup winners and 5th placed straight into Group Stage of Europa League. Under the new system, I think it will be very unlikely we'll reach the group stage of the champions league or europa league any time soon.

Having a mare, ignore me :digging:

Looking at "N6" thinking it was 6th placed and it's not....

Untitled.png

Thinking about the stacks of experience gerrard has playing in these comps makes me feel more upbeat for this than usual at this time of year when you consider the last 3 managers combined euro experience was gained from family holidays. 3 wins and group stages. Why the fuck not.

55 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

If it's regionalised we're almost certain to get either a Welsh, Irish, Northern Irish, Faroese, Icelandic or Luxembourgish team.

Fingers crossed for a big night of European football at the Connah's Quay Nomads Deeside Stadium here in sunny Wales.