Europa League

G.E.C.

2 hours ago, cp9 said:

I assume if we're seeded that we'll play at home for the first leg? 

2 hours ago, cp9 said:

I assume if we're seeded that we'll play at home for the first leg? 

No doesn’t work like that 

9 hours ago, RS4_wul said:

I never look up any of their articles. Only ones I see are the ones people post in here.

bbc, must be true then :mutley:

They only post up solid rumours. Its a good source. As good as you will get mainstream. Usually cause they're last to report it. 

We are in it, so have to try as otherwise what's the point?

But I don't expect this to be something Gerrard can use as leverage to pull players into the club, he's going to have to do that on his name alone.

Also the Europa leagues pays in line with the comparison of the CL being the EPL and the Europa being League 1. Yeah it's extra money if we get to the groups but it will hardly make up for the amount that needs spending to get their in the first place.

1 hour ago, I-AM-ONE said:

We are in it, so have to try as otherwise what's the point?

But I don't expect this to be something Gerrard can use as leverage to pull players into the club, he's going to have to do that on his name alone.

Also the Europa leagues pays in line with the comparison of the CL being the EPL and the Europa being League 1. Yeah it's extra money if we get to the groups but it will hardly make up for the amount that needs spending to get their in the first place.

That’s such a short sighted view. 

43 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

That’s such a short sighted view. 

But yet the money that needs spending right now to get us to regular europa group stages could effect us for years if not spent correctly.

56 minutes ago, I-AM-ONE said:

But yet the money that needs spending right now to get us to regular europa group stages could effect us for years if not spent correctly.

You're just talking about the fundamentals of any business that has ever existed anywhere. You're suggesting investments will not be worth it, as with any form of investment you need to properly weigh up the risks and the rewards, not just in the near term as you've done, but 3, 5, 10 years down the line. 

Should we just turn our backs on Europe every season and not bother trying to grow or progress our club? Fuck me, that's an exciting business model mate. You must be a real go-getter. 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Aye, it ranges from utter garbage like Progres last year all the way up to teams like Sevilla :lol:

I’m hoping we actually get somewhere decent for a trip in a country I’ve never been to before.

Luxembourg last year was good fun, obviously despite the football, but I’d already been there.

31 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You're just talking about the fundamentals of any business that has ever existed anywhere. You're suggesting investments will not be worth it, as with any form of investment you need to properly weigh up the risks and the rewards, not just in the near term as you've done, but 3, 5, 10 years down the line. 

Should we just turn our backs on Europe every season and not bother trying to grow or progress our club? Fuck me, that's an exciting business model mate. You must be a real go-getter. 

I've said that as we are in it we have to try.

I also mean that we shouldn't go and blow our load trying to get to the group stage of the Europa right now, we should invest wisely and conservatively and try but right now I want our aim to be in investing enough or well enough to try and get the league title as that opens up better long term financial gains.

Don't get me wrong I want us in the Europa.