3 5 2

Marky.

Finally today we saw us go to a back 3. This has to be one of our better options. It’s staggering that in a season of poor results, the personnel was changed at times but never really the formation.

Got to think that some of the space created by our fullbacks bombing forward would be better dealt with if we had an extra defender in there.

Tavernier and John, or whoever our starting fullbacks end up being next year, would have the freedom of the wing, we’d have more in the midfield with three of four depending on how many strikers, but it would also allow better support to the striker if it was just the one we were to play.

It baffles me that we kept sticking to the same formation every single game just about once it worked a few times. It shows the lack of experience of the management team, but changing things up depending on the game gives us a big help.

A one dimensional team is going to play the same way, and we are too easy to play against.

Was delighted to see us switch today, and we really should have ended up with the win today. Red card and referee didn’t help but ultimately, Nicholl deserves credit.

if we are going to keep tav and john next season we must go with a back 3  and get a quality defensive midfielder in  both full backs cannot defend  but are good going forward  dont understand why we have not tried that  then again to answer my own question we have not got 3 decent centre backs

all the big teams play this way  using their full backs to get width

I'm a massive fan of the 3-5-2 but you need 3 good CBs and 2 CDMs to protect them.  We don't really have the CBs or the defensive midfielders to pull it off at the moment.  Added to that, Windass doesn't really worked as a traditional playmaking CAM and Morelos and cummings don't really click as a partnership.  

If the manager wants to try it next season then he'll need to bring in the players to make it work.  We have the wing-backs but fuck all else.  

7 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Aye it did fair play to JN and JJ

Point is I really don’t get why Murty player the same way every game. Walter used to change things up and make us fans raise our eyebrows in disbelief before we’d watch it come off for him in front of our eyes.

1 minute ago, Marky. said:

Point is I really don’t get why Murty player the same way every game. Walter used to change things up and make us fans raise our eyebrows in disbelief before we’d watch it come off for him in front of our eyes.

Walter was great for that, not just tactically but even chucking a young boy in for his debut in an old Firm game or a big European match and they’d usually go on to have a blinder. None of the managers we’ve had in recent years have the balls to do that.

3 hours ago, billscott said:

if we are going to keep tav and john next season we must go with a back 3  and get a quality defensive midfielder in  both full backs cannot defend  but are good going forward  dont understand why we have not tried that  then again to answer my own question we have not got 3 decent centre backs

all the big teams play this way  using their full backs to get width

So how do we defend wide?

Tav can attack but cant get back and when he is back, can't fuckng defend?

Get the dross to  fuck is the answer and replace with the right players in the right positions, both in ability and in mentality.

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

So how do we defend wide?

Tav can attack but cant get back and when he is back, can't fuckng defend?

Get the dross to  fuck is the answer and replace with the right players in the right positions, both in ability and in mentality.

Every thread ???.

Justify him having no talent or right mentality based on today's game.

Justify him being spineless as you said on another thread.